Prediction Sonja Hood

Remove this Banner Ad

I get the frustration given what’s happening on field but why aim that frustration at the president?

It’s a volunteers role…they don’t get paid. They’re not coaches, they don’t sit on match committee meetings.

Losing all the time and by sizeable margins sucks but at the same time we gotta be realistic. Our backline is being held together by 1st, 2nd year and state league players.

Let off some steam on talk-back radio or go to open training sessions and tell the coaches/players what ya think.

I get the frustration given what’s happening on field but why aim that frustration at the president?

It’s a volunteers role…they don’t get paid. They’re not coaches, they don’t sit on match committee meetings.

Losing all the time and by sizeable margins sucks but at the same time we gotta be realistic. Our backline is being held together by 1st, 2nd year and state league players.

Let off some steam on talk-back radio or go to open training sessions and tell the coaches/players what ya think.
1000%

Its ok to get mad, its a game of passion and we have been horrible. Giving up a day on your weekend and spending $ going to watch us get spanked for 3 years is ridiculous!

But I don't get having a crack at Sonja over on field stuff? She got us Clarko. Best credentialed coach in the business.

She is as pro stay in Melb as you could ask for. She represents us brilliantly and doesn't interfere in how the football department is run.

You really think her taking a selfie in the cheer squad is making 000000.1% difference to anything football related?

You wanna scream at someone look to the blokes running the football department. Some getting paid 7 figures a year. The players, lets be honest many who are taking the piss.

Sonja is a volunteer and I guarantee you would be pressured into donating 20/30k a year for our pledges like to resurfacing of Arden St.

Its rubbish going after her.

Membership department is always going to be under resourced and a struggle to deal with. It doesn't excuse poor experiences especially when amateur stuff has been happening for decades, i.e. barcodes not working and emails not coming through. Its just always going to be a shitshow mate.

If online trolls are getting to you - its not a good sign. Leaders rise above this kind of stuff no matter how terrible it is. When you are the president of the worst performing team in the modern era, critics and criticism are going to attack you on so many fronts.
I am worried the health scare, the performance of the club and the issues with bringing Clarko on board are taking its toll.

If anything this just makes her more of a target if she ever decides to return to socials.
Sadly her presidency has all the makings of a one-termer.
That saying she shits on Buckley and his tenure every day of the week.
There is no obligation for anyone to be on X. None.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Find me a female public figure who doesn’t cop an inordinate amount of unjustifiable abuse on X.

They’ll be few and far between, I guarantee.

Musk has made it clear protecting victims from the abuse of unhinged trolls is not a priority for his company.

I don’t think we need to necessarily read any more into Sonja’s decision than that.

It’s something well beyond footy performance and woke politics in Sonja’s A grade leadership and communication capabilities as a woman that aggravates a certain kind of person, particularly blokes. And this type abounds on social media and in the AFL industry.

Kane Cornes is the archetype. To wit his seething at her, constantly sniping at her for months on end, for making him look silly on SEN last year. Whenever the Sunday footy show team frequently call out his many ‘feuds’, they strangely don’t mention this one. It points to something deeper and they know it.

I hope she sticks with the Presidency and her supporters very visibly show that support to encourage her. She’s one of the best public facing leaders I’ve seen and we’re lucky she’s at North.

Heath O’Loughlin, Michael Tormey and now Sonja Hood.

That’s 3 club officials I can think of who have now removed themselves and have refused to engage on social media with supporters.

I know we have supporters who go over the top, but it goes to show how much pressure they’re under at the football club. Which says to me all is not well internally.

I was speaking with a herald sun journo on the weekend and we got talking North.
His mate works in the roo shop and next to the membership department.

Sadly most of the staff quit due to the barrage of abuse they receive on a Monday morning from members who call in.
Didn’t you say in another thread that you were gonna ring up and ask for Sonja to ask why is she running this football program? :$

Worst part is that these ones call themselves supporters and congratulate each other that they are saying things that must be said. While attacking and undermining the people who are actually putting in the work - in Sonja’s case, putting in the work just for love of the club.

Our forebears who supported this team for decades without any success at all could teach these losers a thing or two about persistence and perspective.

Nah worst part is the abuse of Sonja on twitter was kicked off by a smug ABC journalist

Nah worst part is the abuse of Sonja on twitter was kicked off by a smug ABC journalist
Tautology alert.

I’ve left Twitter and congratulate anyone who does for how they have instantly improved their quality of life. But I also hate to see anyone driven from somewhere they chose to spend time by mindless abuse. And it’s so disappointing that even on here, when I say that, most of the replies are telling me the abuse was kind of justified because people wish their team was playing better. Seriously, get a real life.

Membership department is always going to be under resourced and a struggle to deal with. It doesn't excuse poor experiences especially when amateur stuff has been happening for decades, i.e. barcodes not working and emails not coming through. Its just always going to be a shitshow mate.

If online trolls are getting to you - its not a good sign. Leaders rise above this kind of stuff no matter how terrible it is. When you are the president of the worst performing team in the modern era, critics and criticism are going to attack you on so many fronts.
I am worried the health scare, the performance of the club and the issues with bringing Clarko on board are taking its toll.

If anything this just makes her more of a target if she ever decides to return to socials.
Sadly her presidency has all the makings of a one-termer.
That saying she shits on Buckley and his tenure every day of the week.

Leaders in every other organisation the size of North don't do their own social media for precisely this reason.

25 years here with no Facebook, Insta, Snap or whatever the else

My mobile number hasn’t changed in that time either

So if your important to me, you know how to find me

Have I missed out? Idk, but as time has passed through these years, I look at these types of things and think probably not

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have I missed out? Idk, but as time has passed through these years, I look at these types of things and think probably not
You absolutely have not missed out.

Russell Jackson launched a nasty misogynist defamatory attack on her on Twitter that he was later forced to take down and apologise for.

LOL. Same here.

Didn’t you say in another thread that you were gonna ring up and ask for Sonja to ask why is she running this football program? :$
Did I?

First thing - wanting to provide feedback to the club president IS entirely different to abusing a kid in the membership department because Luke McDonald can’t football.
My point above is leave the kids alone to do their jobs.

As for what I said in another thread, are you seriously referring to a post I made in the Game Day Thread of all places - half way through the 2nd quarter on Friday??? F*** me

If you are seriously going to sit here one week later and raise something that was said when a game of footy is on and North is getting belted, come on mate. Thats poor form.

I hate this kind of shit the most.
Supporters, support. And they vent. Let people be. Especially on this website. So long as it isn’t racist, sexist or wishing harm onto someone - then shit can fly. I hardly see anyone ever cross the line.

If you’re gonna start nit picking shit from Game Day threads of all places, that’s a massive turn off.

Yeah I tend to agree. Game day threads should be treated with the Las Vegas principle.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
So, game day threads, post game threads, selection threads, individual player threads, trading and recruitment threads. There's "venting" (and that is such a catch all term) literally everywhere.

So, game day threads, post game threads, selection threads, individual player threads, trading and recruitment threads. There's "venting" (and that is such a catch all term) literally everywhere.

Game day threads are literally heat of the moment. I’m sure 95% of posters shitcanned the team in the Friday thread.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back