Prediction Sonja Hood

Remove this Banner Ad

Russell Jackson launched a nasty misogynist defamatory attack on her on Twitter that he was later forced to take down and apologise for.

Russell is not a good journalist, was irresponsible and dumb in his reporting, and made mistake after mistake after mistake.

That said, I don't know if I'd classify any of his comments about Sonja as 'misogynistic'.

Perhaps I'm forgetting something though.

It’s mostly boomers sharing s**t memes and temu ads.
yep that's me...:D Only facebook and if some North facebook sites l go on start with the negativity and angry posts then their gone to. If l want that sort l stuff l only have to come here to BigFooty for it..:laughv1::laughv1:

Game day threads are literally heat of the moment. I’m sure 95% of posters shitcanned the team in the Friday thread.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
And it’ll happen again Sunday.
And the week after that.

When the North game isn’t in Melbourne it’s more active than usual.
Because your emotions at the ground are translated to watching through the TV. And we have sucked interstate for years.

Twinkletoes might have to do away with the Game Day Threads because s**t gets too heated

Russell is not a good journalist, was irresponsible and dumb in his reporting, and made mistake after mistake after mistake.

That said, I don't know if I'd classify any of his comments about Sonja as 'misogynistic'.

Perhaps I'm forgetting something though.

He was implying that she was subordinated to or dominated by Clarkson from memory.

Jackson is a good journo when he's got simple material to work with. His stories on child abuse in footy clubs and schools are ery good and very worthwhile.

But he was completley at sea on the Hawthorn stuff and his limitations were savagely exposed.

Game day threads are literally heat of the moment. I’m sure 95% of posters shitcanned the team in the Friday thread.

Gameday threads shouldn't be excuses for people making personal attacks against players or coaches or team officials such as Sonja.

Gameday threads shouldn't be excuses for people making personal attacks against players or coaches or team officials such as Sonja.
I disagree

F*** Luke McDonald hack can’t kick

They kind of are. But in the heat of the moment at the game, I never call out personal attacks on anyone, let alone off-field staff. And at the game I don't have the capacity to say something, rethink it and then delete or reword what I said.

So no online forum is really "heat of the moment" is it?

Last edited:

Absolutely not. That’s the line that should not be crossed.

But a lot of us said things in the Friday thread that wasn’t exactly measured. Wasn’t personal, but if every delist/ trade post was followed, we’d be left with 3 players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Precisely.

Disco sucks! Rock and roll forever!

Abc Dancing GIF by Sesame Street

It all starts with a handful of self proclaimed “Alpha Males” on X then escalates. The simpletons follow.

* me, her supporter engagement was something that was unique. A bunch of *******s can’t control their emotions and, bang, everyone suffers.

They’re openly misogynist. And they’re obsessive about it and post a lot.

Did Bull re open his Socials?

While he wasn't the only one absent last night (see my write up in the player sponsors thread for the list), Zurhaar's absence at the event last night was very interesting to me.

Did I?

First thing - wanting to provide feedback to the club president IS entirely different to abusing a kid in the membership department because Luke McDonald can’t football.
My point above is leave the kids alone to do their jobs.

As for what I said in another thread, are you seriously referring to a post I made in the Game Day Thread of all places - half way through the 2nd quarter on Friday??? F*** me

If you are seriously going to sit here one week later and raise something that was said when a game of footy is on and North is getting belted, come on mate. Thats poor form.

I hate this kind of s**t the most.
Supporters, support. And they vent. Let people be. Especially on this website. So long as it isn’t racist, sexist or wishing harm onto someone - then s**t can fly. I hardly see anyone ever cross the line.

If you’re gonna start nit picking s**t from Game Day threads of all places, that’s a massive turn off.
Nice melt :$

Idk about you guys but I do not get the ‘heat of the moment’ stuff on here

You type stuff out, then do you not reflect on what you are about to post?

Weird.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back