Prediction Sonja Hood

Remove this Banner Ad

Over 35’s on Social Media - “*#@&$!!!! 🤬

Under 35’s on Social Media “Chill - 🤪
Legit lol chill.

You start to enjoy this place way more when you don’t take it so seriously.

I never justified it.

I just brought it up as I thought it was funny as per the emoji. Don’t try to twist it.

Womp womp.
Like I said. Let’s get on with it
Over 35’s on Social Media - “*#@&$!!!! 🤬

Under 35’s on Social Media “Chill - 🤪
I am under age 35 lol

It all starts with a handful of self proclaimed “Alpha Males” on X then escalates. The simpletons follow.

* me, her supporter engagement was something that was unique. A bunch of *******s can’t control their emotions and, bang, everyone suffers.
This is exactly it. Sonja clearly has no issue with Kane Cornes or any amount of criticism of the club or of her role in it. But she shouldn't feel any obligation to engage with morons whose opening gambit is dripping in misogyny. Best to leave those heck stains in their cave to grunt among themselves.

Not sure Heath has been helping matters. He still has a large North following and when he starts tagging in the official socials channel, it’s basically open slather. What are the poor campaigners operating the X account going to do?

Yeh it didn’t sit right with me.

25 years here with no Facebook, Insta, Snap or whatever the else

My mobile number hasn’t changed in that time either

So if your important to me, you know how to find me

Have I missed out? Idk, but as time has passed through these years, I look at these types of things and think probably not

I'm pretty much in that boat too. I had to join facebook a long time ago, to be able to use its Messenger facility for the purpose of talking to other close family members. Its the only thing I use it for and its particularly handy now with Ms Horace now living in South Australia.

Apart from that, I'm still back in the smoke signals era, which worked okay. Out in the bush you see smoke and you run like hell!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm pretty much in that boat too. I had to join facebook a long time ago, to be able to use its Messenger facility for the purpose of talking to other close family members. Its the only thing I use it for and its particularly handy now with Ms Horace now living in South Australia.

Apart from that, I'm still back in the smoke signals era, which worked okay. Out in the bush you see smoke and you run like hell!
A lot of the tractor and machinery forums are now on Facebook. Also the buy and sell has effectively killed gumtree from a used equipment point of view. No one even bothers listing on gumtree anymore.

Nobody should be abusing the club president after a big loss - shame on you.

Save it for the casual workers at the Rooshop on Monday.

Sonja Hood quits X over abusive fans
North Melbourne president Sonja Hood has quit X following a torrent of abuse over the weekend, calling the attacks personal and revolting.

Jackie Epstein
Follow
@jackieheraldsun
10 min read
April 11, 2024 - 3:02PM
83 comments

Sonja Hood has quit X . Picture: Tony Gough
Time On is your wrap-up of all the footy media gossip and banter.

North Melbourne president Dr Sonja Hood has been forced to delete her X account after copping a torrent of abuse.

Hood, who regularly interacts with fans on the social media platform, said the abuse had been “revolting”.

A source said some of the abuse had come from North Melbourne supporters relating to the club’s performance.

Commentator Kane Cornes has previously called out Hood’s posts while sitting with the club’s cheer squad at games, saying they were embarrassing.

Hood said it had nothing to do with that criticism.

“The banter I have with Kane is good fun and good natured,” she told Channel 9.

“But the stuff I copped on the weekend, which wasn’t related to Kane, was out of line and revolting … and I don’t feel the need to be part of that world.”

While some fans on Twitter have taken aim at Hood, others supporters consider Hood a breath of fresh air in the way she has connected and communicated with fans.

‘t

Nobody should be abusing the club president after a big loss - shame on you.

Save it for the casual workers at the Rooshop on Monday.

666b51ea-a1ed-4a74-b874-58d70fd47d19_text.gif

Wasn't that the Freo game? If so, not that many travelling fans. I may have missed a later one of course.

It was the Freo game, and notably that selfie was taken by a fan (a BF poster here!) in the first half when we were winning, if I recall correctly.

The CEO and President were moving around and sitting with fans. Literally did nothing wrong.

Wasn't that the Freo game? If so, not that many travelling fans. I may have missed a later one of course.
Thought it was the Brisbane game? Think one or two said it on here?

In any case it’s a difficult situation for her. In an ideal world you wouldn’t do it during the game while the club is playing s**t but saying no is rude so it’s really a lose-lose situation unless the club is winning.

On another note (in what im sure will be an unpopular opinion) no one over the age of 20 should be taking selfies with relative strangers.

In any case it’s a difficult situation for her. In an ideal world you wouldn’t do it during the game while the club is playing s**t but saying no is rude so it’s really a lose-lose situation unless the club is winning.

On another note (in what im sure will be an unpopular opinion) no one over the age of 20 should be taking selfies with relative strangers.

have pictures of my kids with Glenn Archer, Denis Pagan, Simmo, Sav, Kingy…

🤣 You’re really going to wreck things for the kids going to family day! Although, our team is so young now, we might be OK.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back