Southern FL - 2011/12

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone know if central will enter the sfl next year think there is talk of oatlands reforming don't let wade run any of the sfl he could not run a root in brothel with a fist full of $100buck notes

Did hear the othe day Kenton there was expressions of interest for players and coaches for next year, poor buggers face an uphill battle I hate to say. Here's hoping they can get back up and running. Ozguy would know if anybody.

Tigers to withdraw from TSL

... The Hobart Football Club has announced that it intends to withdraw from the joint venture to establish a new city club in the Tasmanian Statewide League (TSL).

Club President, Sean Sullivan said it was a difficult decision made in the best interests of everyone connected with the club.

“It had reached a point where we could no longer ignore the groundswell of support for the continuation of the Tigers – even if it were to be in another competition. The Board believes that it could not in good faith take the club in two directions at the same time.”

According to Sullivan, so much had changed since AFL-Tasmania first announced that there would be only a single city licence. “It is regrettable that AFL-Tasmania didn’t award the licence to one or other of the two clubs; the losing club would have been disappointed but would have moved on; both clubs have said as much since”. Sullivan said.

“Pushing the two clubs together in a fifty-fifty joint venture that neither has been entirely comfortable about has been challenging”. Sullivan said. “The club has tried to persevere and worked hard to make the concept work.”

“The HFC will continue to support the new city club; it will be the home for many from our current player group. We will support these players and ensure that the transition is smooth. However, there are many other current players who have indicated that they wish to continue to play for the Hobart Tigers. We listened to this group and also to a growing band of old players and supporters who have put up their hands to be part of the Tigers into the future.

Sullivan outlined the intentions of the Tigers going forward;-

• to play as the Hobart Tigers – in the black and gold - in the SFL;
• to continue to use the TCA as our home ground;
• to further develop the TCA with the Hobart City Council;
• to compete strongly in the SFL.

“As a sign of good faith, our representatives on the Board of the new club have agreed to continue in their roles should they be required.” Sullivan said.

It had become apparent that there was a groundswell of support for retention of the Tiger logo and colours, so much so that the HFC Board believed it was too great to ignore.

For further comment contact President Sean Sullivan on 0418 140 184.
Thursday 8 August 2013

Did hear the othe day Kenton there was expressions of interest for players and coaches for next year, poor buggers face an uphill battle I hate to say. Here's hoping they can get back up and running. Ozguy would know if anybody.
Yeah hard for them just a bit far out of Hobart if they prob were based at kempton might help a bit see Hobart have pulled out of the. City gig statement on there Facebook page good on them I recon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disappointing for the east coast bombers missing the finals, heard there coach Copter or Copplo or something like that been sacked? any truth to that?

What are you talking about? Who is Copter/Copplo? Why have you felt the need to jump on here with this trash? East Coast Bombers are a fantastic group of people and we will be improving again next season. Finals are on the cards. Well done to all at ECB. Unbelievable that someone would come on here and slag us after the season we've had. Poor form "Benny" :thumbsdown:

What are you talking about? Who is Copter/Copplo? Why have you felt the need to jump on here with this trash? East Coast Bombers are a fantastic group of people and we will be improving again next season. Finals are on the cards. Well done to all at ECB. Unbelievable that someone would come on here and slag us after the season we've had. Poor form "Benny" :thumbsdown:

I just asked a question is it true your coach got sacked? a simple yes or no would of been sufficient.

How many players will stick around next year??
I reckon the appointment of Spaulding means NHFC will pull out as he is in pretty thick at AFL Tas and as we know they only employ mates hence Barnes (who has no idea) on coaches or the game will be getting all his advice from AFL Tas in Armstrong and co ,but have heard 1 bloke from VIC and 1 from WA and 4 from tas applied for the job and one of my good friends informs me that AFL Tas are pushing the agenda for a coach and Barnes is trying to get a high profile AFL player what a joke why advertise it just shows what all the talk is about clubs pulling out and wanting to go back to there regional competitions ,lastly get rid of Wade, Armstrong and people have said watch the competitions grow ...Just had to say my point and let me tell you if my source is right the bloke in WA would be a walk up start to be coach if he is correct on who it is but hopefully find out soon trying to contact him through facebook will post if its true...

Disappointing for the east coast bombers missing the finals, heard there coach Copter or Copplo or something like that been sacked? any truth to that?

Where did you hear that old sock?

bernie lomax, you might know the answer. Any truth to this or is Benny speaking shit?

1st week of finals, Claremont v Kingborough should be great match.

They're at it again in the the prelim on saturday. Claremont might be too strong but Kingborough play the big grounds well.

Good luck to New Norfolk and Claremont tomorrow in the grand final.

Even though I don't follow either team, they have clearly been the best 2 teams this season and its been a great performance by Claremont to make it to the big day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Southern FL - 2011/12

Remove this Banner Ad

Back