Southern FL - Division 3 - 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
im not really sure on venues for the praccy matches, id asume both are away, but ill check with the coaches come training.
as for the list, it seems really promising, and incredibly youthful, seems a large part of the list would be under 21, with the other half seemingly around the 30 mark, so it will be interesting to see how it all shapes up.
as for the signings, ive heard some rumours, both coaches are pretty well resourced and connected...we'd be happy for anyone and everyone to come and have a kick with the falcons!

I know every1 has already heard the news but thought i would put my 2 cents in.. :p
i have heard from a very good source that Doveton is in serious trouble... The board has completely changed and tried to overhall everything in the club but its no good without any players :)
With some of the old players hanging up the boots and from the looks of it.... most of the players in the top 10 of their b&f have moved on... and those that have not..... are now starting to look elsewhere. More and more likely that Doveton will not be seen in 2011. They have about 8 at training (not including the "special" players that have come along with the new coach)... Good luck to them if they get a side up

I know every1 has already heard the news but thought i would put my 2 cents in.. :p
i have heard from a very good source that Doveton is in serious trouble... The board has completely changed and tried to overhall everything in the club but its no good without any players :)
With some of the old players hanging up the boots and from the looks of it.... most of the players in the top 10 of their b&f have moved on... and those that have not..... are now starting to look elsewhere. More and more likely that Doveton will not be seen in 2011. They have about 8 at training (not including the "special" players that have come along with the new coach)... Good luck to them if they get a side up

maybe they could just play a third side this year :)

What are the dates and venues for your practice games??? How is the team
Shaping up??? Any big names or upcoming signings?Who are your players to watch?
Goodluck and best wishes for your first season.
5th of March at Barry Simon against Silvan.. and I think it's the 19th at Eastern Lions home ground.

We've got a good mix of players at the moment . . It's hard to tell how good they actually are going by training drills etc. . As far as big names and signings go no-one really knows I guess maybe the coaches are keeping a lid on it .

Players to watch - Batson and Peake.

Batson is a machine, He's an absolute freak with his fitness and ran 15k not long ago. Can hit a target with both feet 45 metres+, Could be playing Divvy 1 but wants to be apart of the Falcons as thats where he played his junior footy and I guess same goes for a lot of others that are going to play with us this year.

Don't bother posting crap like ''Endeavour Hills are the next Doveton'' . . . No-one knows where we will end up and that's the most exciting thing about the Falcons.

and for the record, there isn't one Doveton player currently training with us at the moment.

Sounds promising from EH and I eagerly await our game... Interesting practice match against silvan. They will be very competitive this year having picked up absolute guns in Mark Cullen (Vermont) and Adam newying (warburton). Might come and watch that one...
Hope the rumours are not true with doveton... Be a shame for the whole comp and forcing a bye.

Sounds promising from EH and I eagerly await our game... Interesting practice match against silvan. They will be very competitive this year having picked up absolute guns in Mark Cullen (Vermont) and Adam newying (warburton). Might come and watch that one...
Hope the rumours are not true with doveton... Be a shame for the whole comp and forcing a bye.

I think the rumours are true and our favourite GM gets his wish, no more Thugs in the SFL.

As for the Bye well that will be a shame now only 7 Teams to fight out the final 5 who will miss out........:D:D

We've got a practice match coming up against Black Rock and quite possibly another against Oakleigh Districts in two weeks time..

We played them both in practice matches last year (both at their grounds) and we smashed Black Rock and drew with Oakleigh Districts..

Have heard Black Rock have picked up a few decent players, unsure about Oakleigh Districts.

Should be interesting to see how we go against both..

We've got a practice match coming up against Black Rock and quite possibly another against Oakleigh Districts in two weeks time..

We played them both in practice matches last year (both at their grounds) and we smashed Black Rock and drew with Oakleigh Districts..

Have heard Black Rock have picked up a few decent players, unsure about Oakleigh Districts.

Should be interesting to see how we go against both..

Oakleigh have lost a few but have picked up a few good players but like most years splash money on players that are past it. Don't expect Black Rock to be pushing finals but they will be more professional than you are use to but will turn the tables on you this year.

Oakleigh have lost a few but have picked up a few good players but like most years splash money on players that are past it. Don't expect Black Rock to be pushing finals but they will be more professional than you are use to but will turn the tables on you this year.

coach = unrest :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

welcome EH...used to play under Micky R...he'd meditate before game time...watch out for that...premiership coach to me tho...

oh yeah, no guessing needed here boys and girls, I'm a long time Dragons...haha...had this "code" name when it was less obvious in the old VAFA days..:thumbsu: hopefully another cracker season at the SFL...plenty of rain at least, ground will be nice and lush...;)

pretty sure very few of the players that have trained with us over the pre season have ever played at Doveton.
We at the falcons wish the eagles all the best and are looking forward to playing them come round 2
In other news, we are playing Silvan and Eastern lions in our praccy matches and are really looking forward to getting out on the ground after a searching pre-season
I spoke with the coach from EH, hes a good guy and leval headed, i think the HILLS are going in the right direction doesnt seem like the type of bloke to take any crap good luck to them......As for the cobras they pick up players they come and go there is no real culture there i dont expect to see them to high up there........Go the dragons????

(Seen on peoples facbook) lol
Doveton is well and truely gone..... probably official on wednesday from what i have seen.

I spoke with the coach from EH, hes a good guy and leval headed, i think the HILLS are going in the right direction doesnt seem like the type of bloke to take any crap good luck to them......As for the cobras they pick up players they come and go there is no real culture there i dont expect to see them to high up there........Go the dragons????

You obviously haven't been following this thread. There is a whole new vibe down at the cobras. New off field committee, new coach, new players, new attitude which is all helping change the culture of the club.
The boys are playing for each other, much more disciplined and hungry for success.
We have had 60-70 at training and the quality of players is very deep. That will keep ones players working hard and doing the right thing to keep there spots.
We will be playing finals this year...

in sandowns case actions have to speak louder than words,, I hope you guys put it together, only a few weeks away who are you guys playing in practice matches?

in sandowns case actions have to speak louder than words,, I hope you guys put it together, only a few weeks away who are you guys playing in practice matches?

We play Nunawading (they have recruited heavily, including 6 players from my former club, div1 Cheltenham) on the 19th.
Then we have southern dragons at home as well a week later.

how will you guys go against nunnawading?, are you guys senior players from cheltenhamor seconds players?

how will you guys go against nunnawading?, are you guys senior players from cheltenhamor seconds players?

I think we should get over them, alot more youth in our legs.
All the players that left including myself are div 1 senior players. The shalder brothers (Brett, the Cheltenham playing coach and his brother Mark, the former capt and best and fairest winner). Martin mcguaren, a very tough and reliable defender is also a great pick up for Nunawading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back