Southern Football League 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont know this for certain , but there are two possibilities. Box HIll Nth in D4 have a large Asian polulation and just missed promotion last year- they do a lot of work with football in Japan-
There is one new side starting in clubbies" i think" - St Francis Xavier- but not sure why they would be predominantly asian- it is a catholic college, so this would be unusual.

OC the Box Hill North side will be introducing a new club 18 side - the Elgar Park Dragons - the side will be predominately of asian background. Have a look on their website.

The best captain that stands out for me would be........ The bloke from Mt waverly!!

The best opponet that stands out for me is Robbie mackwell, I played ruck for Skye that day and he played ruck rover, it was a great contest, plenty of verbal jabs during the day and no hard feelings afterwards, plus the fact that he is a gun player!!

Is he playing this year Brainstorm??

Yep his playing in my opinion Mackwell,kreskas,cosa and mccarthy a the best midfielders in the business.

:thumbsu: With all clubs back into pre season training can any clubs confirm when there practice matches start against who and where,I see that St.Kilda City are playing Balwyn and Old Haileybury in praccy matches.They should get a good guage of where they are at.:)

Dont know this for certain , but there are two possibilities. Box HIll Nth in D4 have a large Asian polulation and just missed promotion last year- they do a lot of work with football in Japan-
There is one new side starting in clubbies" i think" - St Francis Xavier- but not sure why they would be predominantly asian- it is a catholic college, so this would be unusual.
st francis xavier are a new club based in beaconsfield. coach will be justin pearson from pakenham.we have a practise match lined up against inverloch. there water restrictions are not as harsh as ours and there ground is in good nick. keep that rain coming hey!:thumbsu:

TAD, WHY WOULD YOU BE DOING MAINLY 3RD DIV. I CAN SEE WHY YOU WOULD BE FOLLOWING THE COBRAS AS THEY ARE A GOOD SOURCE OF INFORMATION AND STORIES ESPECIALLY AS THEY APPEAR TO HAVE MAJOR PROBLEMS. THERE PRESIDENT LOU SHORT IS NOT WELL LIKED AND CLEARLY THE TWOS COACH MUST BE A REAL IDIOT AND TURNING PLAYERS AWAY, BUT WHY ONLY 3RD DIV. IS THERE A STORY IN THE OTHER DIVISIONS.

ALSO, I HAVE HEARD FROM THE COUNCIL, CLUBS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO TRAIN AT THE PADDOCKS, SO SOUTHERN COBRAS WILL NOT BE TRAINING THERE. TAD, DON'T BOTHER GOING.

Tad, are you really a reporter? or are you pulling our leg? If you are, can you please write a story on the cobas and give it a positive spin. Don't talk about Rossburruh, he is an absolute negative impact on the club and the comp and maybe leave out the president's name. I don't know much about him, but I have have heard a few ordinary comments, but on the other hand, Mick must have been ok with him to take the job.

Look the cobras are a club which is going forward and not paying anyone, except coach and Kreskas replacement and some positive talk in the paper will only help this club. The cobras are traing at the paddocks, and will be doing so WITH council approval, Mick would not do anything without approval.

St Francis X may be in the Ammo Clubbies according to the VAFA thread

New to this site it's great for local footy, heaps of interest from what I've been told. Any new recruits around the traps? Clayton, Highett, East Brighton, St.Pauls? Oakleigh D, Caulfield, Dingley? Any sides or coaching changes!

Not far away either boys can't wait for the season ahead, need more rain!
I was doing a rain dance this morning and the flipping sun came out!:thumbsdown:

TAD, WHY WOULD YOU BE DOING MAINLY 3RD DIV. I CAN SEE WHY YOU WOULD BE FOLLOWING THE COBRAS AS THEY ARE A GOOD SOURCE OF INFORMATION AND STORIES ESPECIALLY AS THEY APPEAR TO HAVE MAJOR PROBLEMS. THERE PRESIDENT LOU SHORT IS NOT WELL LIKED AND CLEARLY THE TWOS COACH MUST BE A REAL IDIOT AND TURNING PLAYERS AWAY, BUT WHY ONLY 3RD DIV. IS THERE A STORY IN THE OTHER DIVISIONS.

ALSO, I HAVE HEARD FROM THE COUNCIL, CLUBS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO TRAIN AT THE PADDOCKS, SO SOUTHERN COBRAS WILL NOT BE TRAINING THERE. TAD, DON'T BOTHER GOING.

You have got absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Where are you getting your information? Have you got resources to back yourself up?:confused:

wHAT ARE YOU ON ABOUT WHY WOULD I LIE ABOUT BEING A REPORTER,ANYWAY I DID THE ROUNDS TONITE MOST CLUBS LOOKED GOOD EXCEPT THE COBRAS 12 AT TRAINING NOT LOOKING GOOD,THE EAGLES HAD 23 AND LOOKED A LOT BETTER THAN COBRAS THE ONLY POSITIVIE WAS THE RED SINGLETS THE COBRAS WORE TONIGHT AND THE FUNNY THING WAS I SAW NO 24 FROM LAST YEAR THERE UNBELIEVEABLE.
Good reporter, only reports on the Eagles and the Cobras does he know some thing we don't like a 2 team comp :p

Interested to know what peoples views are on ladders predictions for 2007 in each division and also which players they think will be the most influential in 2007 i.e which players can win matches off their own boot.

I'll have a stab at a Division 2 ladder to kick things off ( based on nothing more than info on Big Footy):

SPRINGVALE DISTRICTS
OAKLEIGH DISTRICTS
ASHWOOD
CAULFIELD
Dingley
Hampton
Moorabbin
Murrumbeena
Lyndale
Parkmore

Let's try a new topic on the forum. Which clubs are the most accomodating after a game? It's funny how you seem to stay back for a beer at certain opposition grounds whilst others you can't get out of the carpark quick enough.... I know I have always enjoyeed a few beers at Moorabbins ground after a game. Nice bunch of blokes down there. What about everybody else? Also as another topic, which clubs have the good facilities and which clubs need to upgrade? Toorongas away rooms are far....far too small.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interested to know what peoples views are on ladders predictions for 2007 in each division and also which players they think will be the most influential in 2007 i.e which players can win matches off their own boot.

I'll have a stab at a Division 2 ladder to kick things off ( based on nothing more than info on Big Footy):

SPRINGVALE DISTRICTS
OAKLEIGH DISTRICTS
ASHWOOD
CAULFIELD
Dingley
Hampton
Moorabbin
Murrumbeena
Lyndale
Parkmore
Division 2 looks like it will be beetween the two Districts sides and Dingley. Haven't heard much on the Caulfield side of things with Kappler he may attract a few players but with the lose of Finn it may be tough!

I will say S/Districts - Williams will kick 100 with the drive he will get from midfield!

O/Districts - Will do well - Newman is a gun!

Dingley - Don't know much except they have a lot of youth and players coming back from Rye I think it is, Quinn will be a match winner if they can get the ball down to him.

Not sure on the others though!

Division 2 looks like it will be beetween the two Districts sides and Dingley. Haven't heard much on the Caulfield side of things with Kappler he may attract a few players but with the lose of Finn it may be tough!

I will say S/Districts - Williams will kick 100 with the drive he will get from midfield!

O/Districts - Will do well - Newman is a gun!

Dingley - Don't know much except they have a lot of youth and players coming back from Rye I think it is, Quinn will be a match winner if they can get the ball down to him.

Not sure on the others though!

Why the improvement with Caulfield 4QTR? Finn is a huge loss. Have they recruited well?

SPRINGVALE DISTRICTS
OAKLEIGH DISTRICTS
DINGLEY/ASHWOOD/HAMPTON
LYNDALE/CAULFIELD/MURRUMBEANA
MOORABBIN
PARKMORE

Too hard to seperate the middle six until a bit later. I know at Lyndale we will definately improve on the second last finish last season. A few guys have left but are being adequately replaced. Very quiet on the Murrumbeana and Caulfield front. Hampton will improve as they have over the last two years. Ashwood and Dingley coming down from a higher standard could not drop that far down.
Anyone know of any practice matches on the horizon?

Let's try a new topic on the forum. Which clubs are the most accomodating after a game? It's funny how you seem to stay back for a beer at certain opposition grounds whilst others you can't get out of the carpark quick enough.... I know I have always enjoyeed a few beers at Moorabbins ground after a game. Nice bunch of blokes down there. What about everybody else? Also as another topic, which clubs have the good facilities and which clubs need to upgrade? Toorongas away rooms are far....far too small.
First div was Ashwood and St Pauls always good for a beer,Ashies rooms are small thouh,Third div would have to be Cerberus,worst change rooms Black Rock.:thumbsu:

IS THAT YOU TILLER? I THINK IT MIGHT BE.

YOU ARE THE ONLY COBRA WITH A COMPUTER!!

pfft.... you got no idea champ! Seriously... you come on this site day in, day out making all these assumptions on the Cobra's and you don't even have your facts straight.

I KNOW EVERYTHING THATS GOING ON,YOUR THE ONE WHO NEED TO WAKE UO TO HIMSELF THAT THERE NO GOOD.

You know everything you say? :rolleyes: hhmmm.... yeah.. righty o. You "think" you know. You just assume you know everything because you want to start rumours about a club. Obviously your jealous or something cause the cobra's are all you talk about....:confused:

I agree with Moorabbin being great after the game. Ash was always very good with the opposition and made everyone feel welcome. TM does have small rooms, but does have one of the best social rooms in the league. Nth Kew obviously has issues with the social room also being the change room, but at least give the opposition a nice place to change. The best would clearly be Springvale and Mordialloc (that is why they get finals), not sure about Clayton though. Cerberus are the best for after game drinks as they always come back and are a terrific bunch of guys.

Clubs that need an upgrade are Heatherton (it's tough to change in a portable, and now they in the top grade will need to do something), both cobra teams, caterbury and southern need to do something as the change rooms and social clubs are very ordinary, although southern does have a great playing surface. It is tough for clubs to upgrade as it does cost a heap of money and most clubs are probably just happy to break even at the end of the year.

Also, I have heard that Kreskas trained well at Nth Ringwood last Thursday winning the 3km time trial and looking very sharp with the ball and Brown looked good at Dingley last night. 2 big losses if both sign.

Come on now you cannot talk about the worst changerooms without mentioning Heatherton. End of story.

On the upside it is a good place to have a beer afterwards, as is Murrumbeana, Caulfield and both Districts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back