Southern Football League 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take it as read the Hislop boys and cousin BJ will be in red and white this year and I'm not talking Mordialloc! With some more from the MPNFL , B. Hope and others the Vampires will test a few sides and will be no pushover. Numbers at training have been excellent so far!

B Hislop only played 2 seasons at the Vampires, he's not exactly a Brighton boy. His brother and cousin have a few friends down at the Caths and Brendan plays cricket with and against a lot of those guys. The brothers and a couple of cousins played down there in the bush last year and I heard they were keen to stick together.

I know the Vamps are trying, but how close they are is another thing. Brother and cousin are also extremely handy footballers.

Close and got the cigar! All 3 are in the Vampires colours this year!

Rumour has it that Alan Henry is going to Black Rock after an aborted attempt at Bundoora. Div 3 graveyard for old Vampires and washed up has beens.

Smart money is on Cheltenham for this years Div 1 premiership. at 8 to 1 this represents very good value. City to bubble with infighting

Who have Chelt recruited for 2007 season?
A lot will depend on the Sandy connection but they weren't far off last year but had a shocker in the finals. Solidarity, great admin and coaching staff sets them in good stead for 2007. A year on and they will reap the rewards. Good recruiting under the radar so it seems.

Madman in reference to Div 1 why do you think Tooronga wont finish last? Who have they picked up from last year that will cause them to be better? There is a massive difference in grades from Div 2 to Div 1 and them and Heatherton will struggle unless they recruit. Heatherton are doing this by getting a few ex Moorabbin Kangas boyes eg: Teniselli and Tootoo etc. Tooronga on the otherhand ???
Ive heard Highett may have lost a few thats why I put them down a bit but Phil Smith will be available for a full season.
Id like to see why you may have put East Brighton last as well. It was only 2 seasons ago they won the flag in Div 1 and their top 6-10 players is as good as anyones. Consider these players on their list: Hope, Einsiedel, Bowman, Jamiesons x 2, Adams, Cevik, Wyld, Matheson. If they pick up some players and improve their depth they will defiantly be my 'smoky' for the year. I can't see them coming last!!!
Mordialloc will also improve with the addition of a few possible recruits....
Division 1 will most defiantly be even with quite a few sides pushing for a spot in the 4.

Throw in a couple of Hislops and a Harvey, a Dean Davis, Nick Dunton and where are you on wooden spoon level?

i think your right there mate. they played poorly against balwyn but could still have hit the front in the last quarter. on that day, they had 2 of their best players (chf, chb) missing due to playing at sandy the next day. i know that both clayton and st pauls blew a big sigh of relief when balwyn won. on this year, if what i am hearing is correct, (i will need to confirm it) they have recruited very, very well and kept all but one of their senior squad. all the talk is St Kilda city and by how far in 2007 but as you said the "smart money" is on the lads from weatherall rd.

Can any1 confirm that anthony symes is heading to play for chelt this year i have heard from a good source that he is atleast training with them

One thing that needs to be said is the unscrupulous poaching of players from clubs that may have a "connection" with a former club is despicable and unnecessary. Fair enough if a player is not being looked after and gets a better offer but when a guy wins the B & F and is getting well paid the last thing any club needs is some ringhole throwing cash at a bloke that rejected them already on the basis that they feel there is a chance of pinching him. There has already been a leakage so look elsewhere and stop rocking the boat. Burying ones head in the sand and saying there has been no official approach is utter weakness. Perhaps one should get electronic communication to get the message through whilst we're running around.

Can any1 confirm that anthony symes is heading to play for chelt this year i have heard from a good source that he is atleast training with them

not sure but apparantly he trained with them last year too, i think his cousin plays there as well?? what type of player is he??

One thing that needs to be said is the unscrupulous poaching of players from clubs that may have a "connection" with a former club is despicable and unnecessary. Fair enough if a player is not being looked after and gets a better offer but when a guy wins the B & F and is getting well paid the last thing any club needs is some ringhole throwing cash at a bloke that rejected them already on the basis that they feel there is a chance of pinching him. There has already been a leakage so look elsewhere and stop rocking the boat. Burying ones head in the sand and saying there has been no official approach is utter weakness. Perhaps one should get electronic communication to get the message through whilst we're running around.

what/who is that in reference Mr Insider??

Why wouldnt i tell him mr assumption is that only word you know cause your scared of facts you dirty cobrascum,ill tell 24 he aint nothing to worry about,he is an ugly freak i'm letting the football world no what sort useless good for nothing mongrel he is and how the cobras suffer cause of him.Its advantage for opposition teams to know who he is and by the way my grandma could've coached that 2's flag last year especially when you drop all your 1's players back smartass.That all what you blokes will be doing year again.

Scared of facts? What facts have you got? Come on... out with it then!! Bet ya got nothing!!! That's what's annoying. You come on here trying to spread false info about a club, when in fact you know nothing. Your laughing stock and not only myself, but when others read your posts... all they do is laugh. Your making yourself look like an idiot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My reserves coach, Mick Rossborough has requested that I post on his behalf a message to all those who log onto this forum, that while he appreciates that the forum is a good tool for discussing general football issues, teams, player movements and abilities, he will not tolerate personal attacks on himself nor his family and he is seeking legal advice concerning previous comments made.
Personally, I am strongly against certain individuals on this forum, while hiding behind an alias, posting incorrect information regarding the Sandown Cobras football club in an attempt to put the club, players and coaching staff down.
This will only make us stronger and more determined to be a better team in 2007.

Mick Allen

Well its a good way to ruin a good thing

This stuff towards Sandown Cobras is totally unecessary, hopefully all the crap can be wiped out and we can just stick to talking about football matters, it would be a shame for this thread to be wiped out before the actual footy season starts!!

I have no doubts all this negative comments towards Sandown will make them a stronger more determined unit!!

1 thing I will say though, is that I am of the belief that there is no such thing as negative press!!

I dont think anyone really takes anything that is read on the forum serious???

My reserves coach, Mick Rossborough has requested that I post on his behalf a message to all those who log onto this forum, that while he appreciates that the forum is a good tool for discussing general football issues, teams, player movements and abilities, he will not tolerate personal attacks on himself nor his family and he is seeking legal advice concerning previous comments made.
Personally, I am strongly against certain individuals on this forum, while hiding behind an alias, posting incorrect information regarding the Sandown Cobras football club in an attempt to put the club, players and coaching staff down.
This will only make us stronger and more determined to be a better team in 2007.

Mick Allen

Unfortunately, everything that has been said about (Rossorough), I apologise for spelling his name incorrectly, is true. Therefore no legal action will be able to take place. He has been swearing at games, he has hit players, abused umpires (as we all do, but he is more vocal), and yes, he has won a flag, but how much did it mean when half the senior players were playing. Surely the kid across the street could have coached that team to a flag. Snakeyes (Tiller) should not be playing in that team.

I agree that nothing should be said about his family, but having a crack about the man himself is fair game. Mick Allen, why do you need to respond on his behalf? Surely he could do it himself? Why can't he respond?

Maybe this will stop all the crap about the cobras?

Unfortunately, everything that has been said about (Rossorough), I apologise for spelling his name incorrectly, is true. Therefore no legal action will be able to take place. He has been swearing at games, he has hit players, abused umpires (as we all do, but he is more vocal), and yes, he has won a flag, but how much did it mean when half the senior players were playing. Surely the kid across the street could have coached that team to a flag. Snakeyes (Tiller) should not be playing in that team.

I agree that nothing should be said about his family, but having a crack about the man himself is fair game. Mick Allen, why do you need to respond on his behalf? Surely he could do it himself? Why can't he respond?

Maybe this will stop all the crap about the cobras?

How many times do I have to explain to you lot that I am not Tiller.

Whats it got to with you madmouth worry about your own club,the cobras can look after themself.

Master-bater, might be a more accurate name.
I've read up to date and said nothing about Sandown.....up until now.
I'm amused at the flack they seem to be copping from Dandenong, especially the suggestions that they'll fold.
Dandenong.......was Dandenong West until a little while ago, when facing implosion, you took the name and colours of an historical club that had folded.....to stave off your own club from folding.
As for how strong and powerful you are now......I can't say I've heard about the EFL knocking on the door!
You're nothing more than a bunch of strugglers, so pull your heads in.
Sandown did well last year in the reserves.....Is this the problem?
They've got something to hang up on the club rooms in their colours, and Dandenong don't?
You ask who would play under such a man......a premiership team maybe?

Master-bater, might be a more accurate name.
I've read up to date and said nothing about Sandown.....up until now.
I'm amused at the flack they seem to be copping from Dandenong, especially the suggestions that they'll fold.
Dandenong.......was Dandenong West until a little while ago, when facing implosion, you took the name and colours of an historical club that had folded.....to stave off your own club from folding.
As for how strong and powerful you are now......I can't say I've heard about the EFL knocking on the door!
You're nothing more than a bunch of strugglers, so pull your heads in.
Sandown did well last year in the reserves.....Is this the problem?
They've got something to hang up on the club rooms in their colours, and Dandenong don't?
You ask who would play under such a man......a premiership team maybe?
I dont play for Dandenong where did you get that from,i think you got me mixed up with someonelse.

I dont play for Dandenong where did you get that from,i think you got me mixed up with someonelse.

I think that you'll find, if you read my post, I never mentioned that you played for Dandenong. Your association with Dandenong is that you keep prancing around the Dandenong blokes with you bum sticking out like a bike rack awaiting one of them to park in you.

A quick question (Different Topic).
Who is burning the pre-season track up at your club?
We have had several at Mount i wont name them,numbers have been good what about other clubs in all divs,numbers starting to pick up now we are heading into late Jan/early Feb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back