Southern Football League - Division 3 talk only!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

On current form you expect Yarra to trounce Mt Wavly in the clash of the day,Graheck kicked a lazy 12 last week and Kirkup hasn't kicked a decent bag for a while.

Smith will beat Wilkin and turn giving Yarra first use of the ball,Mounts small brigade of Price,Smith and Barnybe will be no match for Elborough,Jewell and Neville.

Yarra to got the top while Mount tumble down to third in turn possibly fifnshing off there year.

One thing for sure the LIONS will will win.

On current form you expect Yarra to trounce Mt Wavly in the clash of the day,Graheck kicked a lazy 12 last week and Kirkup hasn't kicked a decent bag for a while.

Smith will beat Wilkin and turn giving Yarra first use of the ball,Mounts small brigade of Price,Smith and Barnybe will be no match for Elborough,Jewell and Neville.

Yarra to got the top while Mount tumble down to third in turn possibly fifnshing off there year.

One thing for sure the LIONS will will win.
i think it will be close game. i will be there watching. still my money is on the canters for flag.

DJ, i assume your comment was tongue in cheek. Just in case it wasn't. Smith gave him a bath? WRONG!

Smith gave him an absolute bath... too bad he couldn't provide a contest to stop Wilkin taking a big grab in the goalsquare to kick the match winning goal!!

You would be joking right? Wilkin didn't lose a ruck contest all day.

here we go again, bag the umps.........:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

yarra v mt for top spot this week... yarra win pretty much guarantee them a top 2 spot, MW lose and will struggle to finish top 2??? i reckon they will strugle, they have a pumped up yarra who want top spot this week, then they have pumped up cant who need to win to stay in 4, then they will have a pmuped up dovey who will be tryign to win to make the finals.......

then on top of those 3 hard encounters, if anything is left in theyoung side, they will most likely be up against either dovey or cant in that first up elimination final, which makes it FOUR real tough encouters in a row, will struggle!

going on all that, i like skye at the moment, easy one this week, a win against yarra or cant in the last 2 will seal a top 2 spot, week off then play yarra in a qualifier.........cthebombersflyup, $1.01 i rekon

That Is All

I have had to laugh at the amount of people that have written off Mount this year. Sure, we had a patch where we lost a couple in a row, yet we were still on top of the ladder. No side can be up 100% of the the time. Even a side that goes through undefeated will have patches where they play less than acceptable football. The true measure of a good side is how well they respond to adversity and criticism. Judging by the gritty wins by both our senior and reserve sides on the weekend, I'd say we may be doing okay. I'm not going to blow any trumpets saying we have both flags sown up, because only a fool would be that pretentious. Anything can happen come September (as we know fully well), but writing a side off when they are still on top can be very foolish!
That being said, there is still a mountain of work to do for a lot of teams, ourselves included, in the last 2 weeks to either tighten a grip on a finals berth, or soar from the clouds to claim one. It will be interesting to see how the final 6 weeks of the season pan out.

Some news i heard was that perhaps for the first time for the year canterbury may be at full strength. My early prediction with canterbury finally fielding its full strength side in round 17, two wins to seal a finals berth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some news i heard was that perhaps for the first time for the year canterbury may be at full strength. My early prediction with canterbury finally fielding its full strength side in round 17, two wins to seal a finals berth.
getting close to it not quite though, always an injury or two or an unavailability here and there. Will be an interesting end to both grades this year extremly tight.

I have had to laugh at the amount of people that have written off Mount this year. Sure, we had a patch where we lost a couple in a row, yet we were still on top of the ladder. No side can be up 100% of the the time. Even a side that goes through undefeated will have patches where they play less than acceptable football. The true measure of a good side is how well they respond to adversity and criticism. Judging by the gritty wins by both our senior and reserve sides on the weekend, I'd say we may be doing okay. I'm not going to blow any trumpets saying we have both flags sown up, because only a fool would be that pretentious. Anything can happen come September (as we know fully well), but writing a side off when they are still on top can be very foolish!
That being said, there is still a mountain of work to do for a lot of teams, ourselves included, in the last 2 weeks to either tighten a grip on a finals berth, or soar from the clouds to claim one. It will be interesting to see how the final 6 weeks of the season pan out.
What a heap of horse dung,pat you self on the back Wolfy as the seniors and ressies have achieved a big duck egg.

some news i herd just this morning from a source well within the sfl admin.......at least 1, posibly 2 of the sides currently in the 4 may be ineligible to play come september.....THAT is all.

where habe you been enemy???just pop your head in once a month?

you saw it hear first....the benchman officially apologises to both rowley and mt waverley!

some news i herd just this morning from a source well within the sfl admin.......at least 1, posibly 2 of the sides currently in the 4 may be ineligible to play come september.....THAT is all.

where habe you been enemy???just pop your head in once a month?

you saw it hear first....the benchman officially apologises to both rowley and mt waverley!
on what grounds? which sides?

i didnt get team names,

one might be disciplinary/behavioural reasons,which with tribunal hearings of late you would expect to be doveton

the other would most certainly be financial reasons,which could be anyones guess,mine would be sth yarra given they just came back in??? pity none of thm are aloud to comment

Gotta be joking.. It's all smoke and mirrors!!
When it comes down to it even if they were ineligible the SFL would not stick to their guns and do something about it... there would be some 'technical' point where an exception can be made..

Not sure I believe the talk anway but even if its true, it won't be anything to worry about!

So your saying that the "said sides" could qaulify by finshighinf 1st to 4th, and not allowed to play finals???

Dont you think this matter will be soughted out in the next 2 weeks if it was that big of a deal??

I'll say it now, Benchy you are a knumbskull to make this prediction

I'll apologize if i'm wrong, somehow though i dont think i will be!!!

So your saying that the "said sides" could qaulify by finshighinf 1st to 4th, and not allowed to play finals???

Dont you think this matter will be soughted out in the next 2 weeks if it was that big of a deal??

I'll say it now, Benchy you are a knumbskull to make this prediction

I'll apologize if i'm wrong, somehow though i dont think i will be!!!

wasnt a "prediction" whiskers,straight from the horses gob,just letting people know what i herd.....i agree with teh kobra man,even if some teams remain "ineligible" for finals,you would reckon the sfl would just let em play

wasnt a "prediction" whiskers,straight from the horses gob,just letting people know what i herd.....i agree with teh kobra man,even if some teams remain "ineligible" for finals,you would reckon the sfl would just let em play

Wouldn't be Sth Yarra league loves them and their own employees too much.
Don't think it would be Mount unless they are penalising teams for having a concrete oval, and a very average club umpire.
Really don't think the Bombers have done anything wrong, apart from upsetting the odd umpire a bit.
And Canterbury could only be in trouble for eating at Sofias. Does Jenks go the buffet???
As for Duffton.... Well don't really know, maybe Blac could fill us in. Has anyone from the league had their vehicle left on bricks at Power Rd lately???

That was comical genius. Seriously though, mt must look for another ground next year. any other reasonable metropolitan competition in melbourne would not allow senior football to played on that each week. Makes canterbury look like lords.

That was comical genius. Seriously though, mt must look for another ground next year. any other reasonable metropolitan competition in melbourne would not allow senior football to played on that each week. Makes canterbury look like lords.
Canterbury getting resurfaced on the first of october, so hopefuly will be a better standard next year. Mount need to do something or else i am taking my beach cricket set and surfboard there next year!!!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back