Southern Football League - Division 3 talk only!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone care to have a go at the team of the year so far. Ill put up a few players but positions will be difficult:

Cantebury : Pearce, Connaughton, Jenkins (probably hasnt played enough games yet)

Sth Yarra : Neville, Keating, Jewell

Dandy : Kemp, Joyce, Chambers

Skye : Otoole, Watts, Rowley

Mt Waverly : Wilkin, Kirkup, Cafiso

Cerberus : King, Cers (left to early maybe)

Doveton : Ramsdale, Humphries, Davo, Scratcha

Sandown : Love

Its a start boys and Ive probably missed quite a few and Ill get ribbed but it would be a hard task to pick the side. Anyone else care to have a go.
I would've thought slamma johnstone would be a monty from skye. In the best most weeks slammmmming it down rowleys throat and throwing his weight around.

I would've thought slamma johnstone would be a monty from skye. In the best most weeks slammmmming it down rowleys throat and throwing his weight around.

Good point my fat little friend. Didnt want to put to many Skye boys in there. Thought you may have got photographed at the snow this weekend as the baby Yeti.

Good point my fat little friend. Didnt want to put to many Skye boys in there. Thought you may have got photographed at the snow this weekend as the baby Yeti.
No yeti's sighted sof. Pretty expensive weekend. Probably could've saved money by skiing on your huge slope of a nose. Seriously though, slaaaaaaammmmm would have to be in. plays a number of positions and is very tough and polished.

Campbell Johnstone gee wizz what a great player . Hes Nifty Nevilles's flavour of the week , go as far as sayin hes favourite player in the SFL Div 3 ..

Jamie Walker would be firming up for league best & fairest , if the tote boards were up at the moment , he would be looking at great value around the $8- ...

Anyone care to have a go at the team of the year so far. Ill put up a few players but positions will be difficult:

Cantebury : Pearce, Connaughton, Jenkins (probably hasnt played enough games yet)

Its a start boys and Ive probably missed quite a few and Ill get ribbed but it would be a hard task to pick the side. Anyone else care to have a go.
Which full forward would be picked in the team of the year at the moment. Rowley Averaging 5.23 and Ramma averaging 5.25. Both hard to stop on their day!

Which full forward would be picked in the team of the year at the moment. Rowley Averaging 5.23 and Ramma averaging 5.25. Both hard to stop on their day!

at least ramsdale kciks goals against quality sides.....if rowley kicks more than 3 this week i will stand corrected

at least ramsdale kciks goals against quality sides.....if rowley kicks more than 3 this week i will stand corrected

i'll tell you where the difference is

Rowley handballs and kicks to him to his teammates. Ramsdale yells and screams as to why they dont kick to him.
If you actually paid any real attention to c grade benchman you would know Rowley has already kicked 6 against Mount, Canterbury and South this year. Maybe he will kick 10 maybe he will kick 0. He has never won a league goal kicking title but has been a part of successful teams. And noone at Skye including Rowley gives a stuff except for the win. For a guy who plays on one leg, plays for nothing and enjoys having a beer what more could you ask for. can the same be said for the other

Campbell Johnstone gee wizz what a great player . Hes Nifty Nevilles's flavour of the week , go as far as sayin hes favourite player in the SFL Div 3 ..

Jamie Walker would be firming up for league best & fairest , if the tote boards were up at the moment , he would be looking at great value around the $8- ...[/quote]Watch out for Rogers as he has racked up possession after possession could be a smokey.

Jamie Walker would be firming up for league best & fairest , if the tote boards were up at the moment , he would be looking at great value around the $8- ...[/quote]Watch out for Rogers as he has racked up possession after possession could be a smokey.

Yeah I would have to agree with you there greengold.

Matt Rogers would be a definate smokey with his Judd-like clearances (circa 2004/2005) and pin-point disposal.

It's hard to see who could come close to him.

OLE!!

Possible match -up's for the weekend ,

Matt Rogers V's Jamie Walker

big call lads , from what i have seen of this jamie walker this year , and expecially coming off a Best on Ground he may just have him.

sure to be a close game

i'll tell you where the difference is

Rowley handballs and kicks to him to his teammates. Ramsdale yells and screams as to why they dont kick to him.
If you actually paid any real attention to c grade benchman you would know Rowley has already kicked 6 against Mount, Canterbury and South this year. Maybe he will kick 10 maybe he will kick 0. He has never won a league goal kicking title but has been a part of successful teams. And noone at Skye including Rowley gives a stuff except for the win. For a guy who plays on one leg, plays for nothing and enjoys having a beer what more could you ask for. can the same be said for the other

I was only commenting on how both are having great seasons. But to answer your quirey, he is a great club man. 1 of the last to leave on thursday nights, and when he rotates work on arvo shift, comes down for an hour on his break. Loves to stick around at the club and I like you said about Rowley, loves a drink with his team mates. Anyone who has talked to him after the game would find out he is a great bloke off the ground. Sticks around at opposition rooms also. :thumbsu::thumbsu:
Also has had ultimate success at other clubs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jewell from south yarra couldnt get a kick in a street fight

cerberus two's another forfit, club in real trouble apparently only 25 blokes to choose from. Could be another club to bite the dust, which would force the league to have two divisions. Could make things interesting for next year.

You might be forgetting the most skillful forward in the comp. Baker from Canterbury. Ramsdale is a fat lazy, rubbish footballer. Rowley simply kicks goals against poor opposition.

ladder is heating up boys.

MW will secure a finals spot this week with a win over sandown, with top 2 depending on their last 3 games against yarras,cant and dovey

yarras will secure top 2 stop with dandy this week and sandown in the last round

skye will secure finals spot with consecutive wins over cerberus and dandy, with possibility of top 2 depending on last 2 games against yarras/cant.

the big battle is for 4th, doveton play cant this week, if cant win, they go 8 pts clear and dovey will have to rely on cant losing to both MW and skye in the final rounds.....if dovey win, they still sit 5th on percentage, but with cerberus and dandy to come in the following weeks you would think they may take up the 4th....everything on the line for dovey this week!

the qeustion i have, all finals contenders except yarra are finishing up with 2 very tough matches, and all needing to go real hard to try and get top 2....do you think this could have an impact on things like injuries leading in to finals, yarra may have an advantage being the only team with an easy final run?

cerberus two's another forfit, club in real trouble apparently only 25 blokes to choose from. Could be another club to bite the dust, which would force the league to have two divisions. Could make things interesting for next year.

Hey SMUU, did cerberus give you guys any notification before hand that they were only showing up with 25 players, or did they just rock up on the day.

Also noticed that you guys didn't receive the 4 points for the forfeit, which leaves you outside the 4. Could be very tight if you don't get the 4 points owed to you because of the fofeit.

full side or not from MW , any one that watched the game would of seen the bombers played with more heart , with mount only having one good term the 3/4 ...

Hey SMUU, did cerberus give you guys any notification before hand that they were only showing up with 25 players, or did they just rock up on the day.

Also noticed that you guys didn't receive the 4 points for the forfeit, which leaves you outside the 4. Could be very tight if you don't get the 4 points owed to you because of the fofeit.
We put in a call to Cerberus on tuesday and got a reply on wednesday. 4 points should be allocated putting us third but there is a bit of a queerie on the method of percentage allocation as that could be a real factor come the final rounds.

You might be forgetting the most skillful forward in the comp. Baker from Canterbury. Ramsdale is a fat lazy, rubbish footballer. Rowley simply kicks goals against poor opposition.

I agree with ultimate warrior. Baker is by far and away the best and most effective forward I've seen this year. Elusive, gutsy and clever. Those other players in Ramsdale and Rowley carry far too much weight and can't see them making a difference when it matters in a few weeks.

Can't wait to see Canterbury and Doveton go at it this week. Canterbury by 40 after being tight early. :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back