Southern Football League - Division 3 talk only!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone care to have a go at the team of the year so far. Ill put up a few players but positions will be difficult:

Cantebury : Pearce, Connaughton, Jenkins (probably hasnt played enough games yet)

Sth Yarra : Neville, Keating, Jewell

Dandy : Kemp, Joyce, Chambers

Skye : Otoole, Watts, Rowley

Mt Waverly : Wilkin, Kirkup, Cafiso

Cerberus : King, Cers (left to early maybe)

Doveton : Ramsdale, Humphries, Davo, Scratcha

Sandown : Love

Its a start boys and Ive probably missed quite a few and Ill get ribbed but it would be a hard task to pick the side. Anyone else care to have a go.

How about Baker or Walmsley from C'bury. What about the asians from Sandown? They are pretty nippy little players! ;)

I agree with ultimate warrior. Baker is by far and away the best and most effective forward I've seen this year. Elusive, gutsy and clever. Those other players in Ramsdale and Rowley carry far too much weight and can't see them making a difference when it matters in a few weeks.
:thumbsu:

Baker is definitely an excellent and freakish player, he has what some may call x factor ;). Definitely deserves a place somewhere in the forward line for the div 3 team of the year. I'm not sure you could say he is better than Ramsdale and/or Rowley, as he is a totally different type of forward, and they've kicked a heap of goals. Don't right off their big bodies in the next few weeks and/or finals either, as quite often this is when the big bodies can stand up and make a differece.

We put in a call to Cerberus on tuesday and got a reply on wednesday. 4 points should be allocated putting us third but there is a bit of a queerie on the method of percentage allocation as that could be a real factor come the final rounds.

It seems that the SFL has decided on the same score as last time they met theory.
:eek:

what a cracker of a game saturday between skye and mt waverly
jamie walker as posted was insperational as i declared
who's matt rogers ?

Matt Rogers was everywhere.
Racked up around 50+ possessions.
He was so quick around the ground it looked like he wasn't there.

It was a great duel!

But I must say the honours go to Rogers.

OLE!

I agree with ultimate warrior. Baker is by far and away the best and most effective forward I've seen this year. Elusive, gutsy and clever. Those other players in Ramsdale and Rowley carry far too much weight and can't see them making a difference when it matters in a few weeks.

Can't wait to see Canterbury and Doveton go at it this week. Canterbury by 40 after being tight early. :thumbsu:

Great judge you are Go Dovey.

Great judge you are Go Dovey.

Didn't get that one right, although Baker did kick 5 and was good for the Canterbury side. I did win a couple of hundred on the horses so I'm not a bad judge sometimes. My question is where to go from here for my flag favourites in Canterbury? :eek:

I have my concerns after the weekend and fear they don't have what it takes. Let's hope they can turn it all around. :thumbsu:

The umpiring standard is at an all time low. Something must be done. If they were at least consistant with their decisions. The mind boggles

I must say I tend to agree with you ultimate warrior. It was a disgrace on the weekend although I'm not suprised anymore and i don't think it would've changed the outcome of the result anyway. Doveton were hungrier to win it seemed which is good for them and terribly disappointing for my flag favs.

I was talking to a couple of the younger Canterbury players in passing before the game on the weekend and they didn't look very comfortable being in foreign territory surrounded by opposition supporters. Gotta stay cool get over that if you want to win these games. :cool:

The umpiring standard is at an all time low. Something must be done. If they were at least consistant with their decisions. The mind boggles

here we go again, bag the umps.........:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

yarra v mt for top spot this week... yarra win pretty much guarantee them a top 2 spot, MW lose and will struggle to finish top 2??? i reckon they will strugle, they have a pumped up yarra who want top spot this week, then they have pumped up cant who need to win to stay in 4, then they will have a pmuped up dovey who will be tryign to win to make the finals.......

then on top of those 3 hard encounters, if anything is left in theyoung side, they will most likely be up against either dovey or cant in that first up elimination final, which makes it FOUR real tough encouters in a row, will struggle!

going on all that, i like skye at the moment, easy one this week, a win against yarra or cant in the last 2 will seal a top 2 spot, week off then play yarra in a qualifier.........cthebombersflyup, $1.01 i rekon

Didn't get that one right, although Baker did kick 5 and was good for the Canterbury side. I did win a couple of hundred on the horses so I'm not a bad judge sometimes. My question is where to go from here for my flag favourites in Canterbury? :eek:

I have my concerns after the weekend and fear they don't have what it takes. Let's hope they can turn it all around. :thumbsu:

You may be better off posting your horse tips in the future, so we can all get on.
cheers.

yarra v mt for top spot this week... yarra win pretty much guarantee them a top 2 spot, MW lose and will struggle to finish top 2??? i reckon they will strugle, they have a pumped up yarra who want top spot this week, then they have pumped up cant who need to win to stay in 4, then they will have a pmuped up dovey who will be tryign to win to make the finals.......

then on top of those 3 hard encounters, if anything is left in theyoung side, they will most likely be up against either dovey or cant in that first up elimination final, which makes it FOUR real tough encouters in a row, will struggle!

going on all that, i like skye at the moment, easy one this week, a win against yarra or cant in the last 2 will seal a top 2 spot, week off then play yarra in a qualifier.........cthebombersflyup, $1.01 i rekon
Interesting to note that mount don't have anything to play for. Yarra top spot, Cant to stay in the 4, Dovey to make the 4, but mount have nothing.:confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just thought I'd voice my disgust at the Sandown player (no. 30) who spat blood over one of our players on the weekend. Absolutely revolting act and the player and club should be ashamed of themselves. It was also an appalling display from the umpire that refused to do anything about the incident.:thumbsdown::mad:

Interesting to note that mount don't have anything to play for. Yarra top spot, Cant to stay in the 4, Dovey to make the 4, but mount have nothing.:confused:

it dont belive they do.......if they (you?) win even 1 of your remaining 4 games for the year (1 final included) i will stand corrected

i believe i already owe apologies to whoever was sticking upfor rowely when i said he wuldnt kick 3 and he ended with 4, even though rumor has it 2 of them were in "junk" time, i do owe apoligies for that one

Just thought I'd voice my disgust at the Sandown player (no. 30) who spat blood over one of our players on the weekend. Absolutely revolting act and the player and club should be ashamed of themselves. It was also an appalling display from the umpire that refused to do anything about the incident.:thumbsdown::mad:

I have to agree not a human act spitting blood !!

PS How did he end up bleeding in the first place?

... i find it equally interesting that Mount is going to struggle against a pumped up Sth Yarra and an equally pumped up Canterbury, yet Skye should be able to take it up to these supposed pumped up sides.

what a super game i witnessed on sat, cant v dove, lead changed at least 5 times in the last quarter. baker, what can i say, a freak, no matter how out of possition he was, he would always look dangerous. that fat forward for dovey is a little girl, the way he carrys on on the field.. he should be playing netball. 18 for dove is a great player, few stand outs for cant, but not enough players stood up, if you look at thier side, its far better than any other in the comp, they just cant seem to click it all together.. don't think they'll make the 4 now, with the hard run home.

Would have to agree the way we smashed Mnt 2 weeks ago indicated to me there gone.

Mentally your correct Mount playing all those tough encounters will take it's toll on those young boys.

If mnt finish 3rd i think your right they will be out in straight sets.

It saves MOC from losing the big one again.

You have nothing because your side is nothing mount must get rid of that lame CHB and unskilled Captain what a *uckn joke they are and if they have to rely on that old fart Pricey to get a kick no chance.

You have nothing because your side is nothing mount must get rid of that lame CHB and unskilled Captain what a *uckn joke they are and if they have to rely on that old fart Pricey to get a kick no chance.

i notice his name wasn't listed in the teams on sfl website......perhaps they finaly dropped him, shall go check ressy teams now

from canterbury baker would have to be in there (third in league goal kicking) and Dinsdale at full back (most kicked against him was rowley kicked 2). Hidgecock from doveton also needs to be in there. The foward line should probably read Baker Rowley Kirkup

not sure who u r? but thankx 4 da complimant of saying dat i should be in the team aswell :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back