Southern Football League (Tas) Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

It won’t last long. Players that don’t want to be there will eventually get their clearance to another club.

I can recall all the Hobart players signing their contracts in August/September 2022 and been promised that Gilmour and his crew would be coaching 2023, but now that these circumstances occurred. Surely it’s null/void because the coaches signature is invalid, therefore the contract isn’t officially signed.
Why is a coach signing contracts? Never heard of it.

It won’t last long. Players that don’t want to be there will eventually get their clearance to another club.

I can recall all the Hobart players signing their contracts in August/September 2022 and been promised that Gilmour and his crew would be coaching 2023, but now that these circumstances occurred. Surely it’s null/void because the coaches signature is invalid, therefore the contract isn’t officially signed.
Yerp in the end AFLTAS would rather people play then not. Make it hard for players they aren’t going to go back they will just sit out a year.

What about the disgraceful form from AFL Tas/SFL Bullying other clubs and players in regards to the Hobart FC potentially losing all its players.
I have never seen this happen in the past when clubs like Claremont went through the same thing, you can’t keep players at a club they don’t want to play for.
What I don’t get is that the Hobart Senior coach stood down due to personal reasons and now all the players are leaving, What’s that got to do with the senior coach standing down? if the players wanted to stay at the Hobart FC then they would stay no matter who was coaching. Maybe the board are the problem and that’s why the players want to get out of there.
It's not really without precedent though.
In fact, I recall when Hobart dropped back to the SFL after the 2013 TSL season following AFL Tasmania's attempted forced merger of Hobart and North Hobart, the club were actively banned from recruiting any player within the SFL or its member clubs for a period of 12 months.
South Launceston in dropping back to the NTFA were not placed under the same restrictions.
Given that the clubs in the TSL had only two sides at the time, most of the young playing group wanted to continue playing at state league level and Hobart only had two or three players remaining and no way of actively recruiting, it was only through hard work from the then board, past players and coaches that Hobart were able to put two sides out on the ground that year.
Remembering also that the TSL axed the Reserves competition a couple of years previously which saw a whole group players being forced to move on to other clubs.
We saw the results of that.
I'm not really sure that it's in the best interests of the SFL competition to have another Hobart or a Claremont or Triabunna or Channel.
I'm also not sure if it's in it's best interests to have another year like 2014 where the top sides were roughly 30-35 goals better than the lower sides.
Cygnet, Huonville and Hobart all had club record defeats in the same season and interest in the SFL was minimal.

Perhaps but you'd have to go to court to get it ruled as such. A lot of effort just to change teams.

You would think if Hobart took it that far then they risk an even bigger player exodus and damage to their reputation from an ever-shrinking player pool in Southern Tas.

You would think if Hobart took it that far then they risk an even bigger player exodus and damage to their reputation from an ever-shrinking player pool in Southern Tas.
The player would request the transfer. The SFL/Hobart would deny it for the reason in the letter. Then the player would be the one that would have to take it to court.

The player would request the transfer. The SFL/Hobart would deny it for the reason in the letter. Then the player would be the one that would have to take it to court.
Yerp that’s how it works.

Meanwhile the player tells all his mates ( some who still play there) and those players then resent the Hobart Football Club. Other players from other clubs hear what’s going on and then tell themselves oh I’m never going there if that’s what they do.
The club never wins in this scenario. Oh and then if it gets really close to June 1st the mental health of the player comes up and he gets transferred.

It’s really sad but how do Hobart get up for the 23 season now?

Apparently around 7 on the track Monday and even that was being generous from all reports.

How does the contract work if they only have twos or if the my don’t even field a side
I get what they are trying to do as an act of desperation but if 3 signed with uni last week and numerous others all gone elsewhere before this.

Was Gilmour the straw

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s really sad but how do Hobart get up for the 23 season now?

Apparently around 7 on the track Monday and even that was being generous from all reports.

How does the contract work if they only have twos or if the my don’t even field a side
I get what they are trying to do as an act of desperation but if 3 signed with uni last week and numerous others all gone elsewhere before this.

Was Gilmour the straw
They’ll field a seniors side, it’s just a matter of having a reserves side. Maybe they’ll fill it with masters as they are well stocked atm.

If it’s Hobart training at Montrose Bay High, they had a lot more than 7 there the other night. Mind you, I don’t know of the group I saw how many were juniors.

Any word on up the valley, I’m hearing NN are struggling for numbers atm ? Does anyone have any info on how they are tracking ?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If it’s Hobart training at Montrose Bay High, they had a lot more than 7 there the other night. Mind you, I don’t know of the group I saw how many were juniors.
I am very sure it was them, I'd seen on their page that they were going to be doing their intraclub there as well.

Any word on up the valley, I’m hearing NN are struggling for numbers atm ? Does anyone have any info on how they are tracking ?

I've not seen much posted about what they're doing, mostly just seen them posting about their women's side.

Spoke to a mate the other day and he said they have about 15 players on average at training, and said very strong chance of no reserves side, handful of their players have gone to Brighton & Bothwell

Spoke to a mate the other day and he said they have about 15 players on average at training, and said very strong chance of no reserves side, handful of their players have gone to Brighton & Bothwell
I had seen a few familiar faces popup at Bothwell.

There's not been a fixture added for the reserves just yet on the PlayHQ site, so could be something with that.

Who is everyone’s early tip for the flag?
I can't go past Lindisfarne, still look like a very strong team there.

With some of the signings I've seen Sorell make I am hoping for a big year, and finals for them would be good to see.

Sharks, Lions, Two Blues, Cygnet in any order. the last finals spot will be very interesting. I can see Claremont making a push for finals. And Brighton and Sorell in that chasing pack also. Long year for Hobart and Norfolk if they get up

Remove this Banner Ad

Southern Football League (Tas) Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back