Southern Football League (Tas) Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Spoke to a mate the other day and he said they have about 15 players on average at training, and said very strong chance of no reserves side, handful of their players have gone to Brighton & Bothwell
Heard similar. A lot of their reserves team went to Bothwell. Two or three from New Norfolk training with Lauderdale at the moment, others at Brighton. Hobart apparently had similar numbers on the track (15-20 I heard).
Possibility both New Norfolk and Hobart will have no reserves and weak senior sides.
If having Glenorchy, New Norfolk and Hobart all under threat of collapse doesn't send alarm bells through AFL Tas then we may as well pack up shop and stop wasting our time.

Predictions

🏆 Huonville Faves for me, haven’t lost anyone but look to have picked up as well.

Cygnet and Farne unknown how much they both have really lost.

Dodges - same again you would think

Sorell - Brighton - as above

Claremont - lost Williams but picked up phillips and Bearman, Howlett better than last year. But must have a salary cap exemption and points exemption that others don’t 🤔

NN - 🥄 I heard were banking on Glenorchy falling over for numbers and now are fighting. Will get up surely

Hobart - ☠️ won’t happen

Predictions

🏆 Huonville Faves for me, haven’t lost anyone but look to have picked up as well.

Claremont - lost Williams but picked up phillips and Bearman, Howlett better than last year. But must have a salary cap exemption and points exemption that others don’t 🤔

NN - 🥄 I heard were banking on Glenorchy falling over for numbers and now are fighting. Will get up surely

Hobart - ☠️ won’t happen
I'd love to see Brighton, Sorell and Dodges do well, would be good to see some different teams up and about. Being a Claremont supporter I am hoping that Claremont make a run for the finals. Really good bunch of people there, always so good to me when I am taking photos for the SFL.

Dodges and Sorell have both been good to me as well.

Keen to see how Brighton go with another season under Kennedy with the recruits and all, in some games they seemed to be looking good. But fell away, some experienced legs might help them push for finals.

Heard similar. A lot of their reserves team went to Bothwell. Two or three from New Norfolk training with Lauderdale at the moment, others at Brighton. Hobart apparently had similar numbers on the track (15-20 I heard).
Possibility both New Norfolk and Hobart will have no reserves and weak senior sides.
If having Glenorchy, New Norfolk and Hobart all under threat of collapse doesn't send alarm bells through AFL Tas then we may as well pack up shop and stop wasting our time.
You'd think that the alarm bells would've been ringing a lot sooner with a lot of the talent that up and left the state league, now they should be alarm sirens with these three clubs in the shit.

Predictions

Huonville Faves for me, haven’t lost anyone but look to have picked up as well.

Claremont - lost Williams but picked up phillips and Bearman, Howlett better than last year. But must have a salary cap exemption and points exemption that others don’t

Hobart - ☠️ won’t happen

Apparently Huxley from Hobart trained Tuesday night with Claremont as well

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I’d thought I’ll never see that in a millions years tbh

He’s usually a very loyal Hobart player
It's got me surprised as well, always talk to his mum at the TCA every time I'm up there seemed like he was pretty content with Hobart.

If Huxley is looking at other options then that’s dire straights
The bloke is Yellow and Black
Yeah I agree Huxley has been very loyal to the Hobart FC over the past 10 years.
Does anyone else think there must be more to it if Huxley doesn’t want to be a part of things at Hobart either? he was apart of Gilmours coaching crew Surely there’s internal issues at that club.

There’s numerous Hobart players that have turned up to multiple TSL clubs.

If they are going up a level to ‘test themselves’ will be even harder to stop them.

If Huxley is looking at other options then that’s dire straights
The bloke is Yellow and Black
Yeah definitely. Which is sad, got a lot of time for the blokes up there at Hobart as they've always been quite good helping me out with grabbing footy photos.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

“Out with old, in with the new”
This morning Russell handed over the media duties to David.
Now Russell considers himself a bit of a comedian at these media events and in true Russell style ended his media obligations with the following.
“To be President of the SFL you need to be tall and good looking”.
“Both of us have failed at that”
😂

334306012_425842113081361_785918438301499907_n.jpg

You'd think that the alarm bells would've been ringing a lot sooner with a lot of the talent that up and left the state league, now they should be alarm sirens with these three clubs in the s**t.
I was chatting with a fella that come into work today that was/ is a Hobart follower. Sounds like a terribly messy situation up there that could end up ending the club.
Let me tell ya, he's FILTHY over the whole thing!
Didn't hold back on his opinions on certain people that were involved in it all 😶
From what I gather there's a huge split in the club between certain factions, some siding with the ex coach and ex footy director and blaming the board for being uncle scrooge with money and refusing to spend on recruiting and being very difficult to deal with.
Others siding with the club and saying that the situation wouldn't have happened in the first place if a certain person had of kept it in his pants and another had been constantly undermining the club at every turn actively trying to get players to leave to go elsewhere.
Then you have another lot that don't know what to do given the uncertaintly around the whole team and coaching and don't wanna be subject to 250 and 300 point beltings week in week out and are slowly going elsewhere.
Probably a mix of all of it.
Daniels went to Sorell and Huxley was seen training with Claremont.
Apparently Springa Spaulding was about to or just had signed on to be involved in some capacity at the club and passed away from a heart attack days later.
They've been through some huge scrapes in the past, not sure this is one they'll get out of this time tho.

I was chatting with a fella that come into work today that was/ is a Hobart follower. Sounds like a terribly messy situation up there that could end up ending the club.
Didn't hold back on his opinions on certain people that were involved in it all 😶
From what I gather there's a huge split in the club between certain factions, some siding with the ex coach and ex footy director and blaming the board for being uncle scrooge with money and refusing to spend on recruiting and being very difficult to deal with.
Others siding with the club and saying that the situation wouldn't have happened in the first place if a certain person had of kept it in his pants and another had been constantly undermining the club at every turn actively trying to get players to leave to go elsewhere.
Then you have another lot that don't know what to do given the uncertaintly around the whole team and coaching and don't wanna be subject to 250 and 300 point beltings week in week out and are slowly going elsewhere.
Apparently Springa Spaulding was about to or just had signed on to be involved in some capacity at the club and passed away from a heart attack days later.
They've been through some huge scrapes in the past, not sure this is one they'll get out of this time tho.
Wow sounds bad.

Sounds rather messy up there then, seems to have been a few dramas up the TCA Ground over the years from what people have been saying what if any of it is true. But certainly doesn't sound good if all of that is true and all.

I did hear there was an extra marital affair up at tca. Apparently the person has now left his
Did hear the same regarding a certain someone keeping it in his pants. Apparently has left his wife.

So I have not seen any names apart from Laycock as being announced at the Eagles, but I've seen the following are committed for this season:

Joshua Clifford
Brock Triffett
Tyron Bailey
Ben Lovell
Josh Farrow
Jacob Wigg
Jordan Banks-Smith
Nathan Eiszele
Rohan Heron.

Mostly I've seen their SFLW team has been signing some players, but nothing else has been said.

AFLTas wouldn't know if alarm bells were ringing even if the clock was shoved up their collective rear end.

Tone deaf one might say. ;)

AFLTas wouldn't know if alarm bells were ringing even if the clock was shoved up their collective rear end.

Tone deaf one might say. ;)
Something tells me even then they'd probably be stuck in denial and think everything is okay and continue on to ignore the problem that is happening around them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Southern Football League (Tas) Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back