Southern Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damien Harrison
Bracknell Football Club

Yep, gone up there. Apparently he wanted to try and play in every league in Tasmania,

From memory, he has played

NTFL - Wynyard (Grew up there and played most of his footy there)
Statewide - Burnie Dockers
Premier League - Glenorchy
Regional League - Kermandie
Darwin - Myalla

And now Bracknell

How many more leagues are there left?

Yep, gone up there. Apparently he wanted to try and play in every league in Tasmania,

Darwin - Myalla

And now Bracknell

OHFA and the CHFA lol
really good footballer but would be gettin on in age now wouldnt he?
I did see him before christmas come out and have abit of a look around with us

Darwin - Myalla

And now Bracknell

playd with richmond in old scholars few years back

Good to see that the Statewide clubs get a page each in the Mercury, while the SFL gets a page for 11 clubs and 3 of them get a whole paragraph between them.

Nice to know the Merc is going to give equal support to both leagues yet again!!

Darwin - Myalla

And now Bracknell

Wasn't he at DOSA briefly as well?

Good to see that the Statewide clubs get a page each in the Mercury, while the SFL gets a page for 11 clubs and 3 of them get a whole paragraph between them.

Nice to know the Merc is going to give equal support to both leagues yet again!!
that was bloody sh t house y don't they take a leaf out of the advocate and the examiner book, they support local footy where as the merc couldn't give two hoots!!!

Makes it very hard for me to do my previews this season...:thumbsdown:
Advocate weren't much better with the NTFL today.

The Mercury is a statewide newspaper. Their focus was on the AFL and VFL before, and it will be the AFL and TSL now.

The Examiner and Advocate are regional newspapers whereas the Mercury isn't! The Mercury arent interested in grassroots footy and they will give it limited coverage.... just like the SFL premier league previously.

Mind you, the footy liftout in the Advocate was brilliant.

The Mercury is a statewide newspaper. Their focus was on the AFL and VFL before, and it will be the AFL and TSL now.

The Examiner and Advocate are regional newspapers whereas the Mercury isn't! The Mercury arent interested in grassroots footy and they will give it limited coverage.... just like the SFL premier league previously.

What day was that in, today's?

dodges ferry will go into its clash with kingbrough with from b:j.ling , g.stirling , j.pepper , h.b:t.cannan (v.c) , b.curran (c) , t.little, c:m.cusick ,k.waller , b.jackson, h.f: f. churchill , b.dolliver , j.curran , f:s.griffith , s.lampkin , s.bennets , r:j.siggins, j.bullok, c.mcloud, int:d.cusik, j.o'neal, h.waller, j.miniken-smith.

missing j.howe,n.griffths,d.griffth,j.young,z.waller,i.bennet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My thoughts on Round 1
New Norfolk v Huonville at Boyer (New Norfolk by 50).
Dodges Ferry v Kingborough at Shark Park (Dodges by 16)
Central Hawks v Claremont at Oatlands (Claremont by 22)
Sorell v Cygnet at Pembroke Park (Sorell by 6)
Brighton v Lindisfarne at Pontville, under lights (Lindisfarne by 33)
I think that New Norfolk will have too much around the ground for the Lions, the Sharks at home are always tough to crack, Claremont will have too much for the Hawks, Sorell and Cygnet will be close but the Eagles just and Lindisfarne under lights should have the answers for Brighton.

And for the season my top 6 are: New Norfolk, Lindisfarne, Dodges Ferry, Huonville, Kingborough, Sorell
Bottom 5: Claremont, Brighton, Triabunna, Central Hawks, Cygnet

My thoughts on Round 1
New Norfolk v Huonville at Boyer (New Norfolk by 50).
Dodges Ferry v Kingborough at Shark Park (Dodges by 16)
Central Hawks v Claremont at Oatlands (Claremont by 22)
Sorell v Cygnet at Pembroke Park (Sorell by 6)
Brighton v Lindisfarne at Pontville, under lights (Lindisfarne by 33)
I think that New Norfolk will have too much around the ground for the Lions, the Sharks at home are always tough to crack, Claremont will have too much for the Hawks, Sorell and Cygnet will be close but the Eagles just and Lindisfarne under lights should have the answers for Brighton.

And for the season my top 6 are: New Norfolk, Lindisfarne, Dodges Ferry, Huonville, Kingborough, Sorell
Bottom 5: Claremont, Brighton, Triabunna, Central Hawks, Cygnet

not bad i also didn't put in justin howe he is out 4 the season so u can not count him as a missing player 4 round 1, um here are my predictions mind i m of the unknown of the 3 premier leauge sides n.n picked up a swag brighton lost a lot and kingbrough i don't know so here goes

New Norfolk v Huonville at Boyer (New Norfolk by 61).
Dodges Ferry v Kingborough at Shark Park (Dodges by 7)
Central Hawks v Claremont at Oatlands (central by 16)
Sorell v Cygnet at Pembroke Park (cygnet by 6)
Brighton v Lindisfarne at Pontville, under lights (Lindisfarne by 70)
my top 6 are: New Norfolk, Dodges Ferry,Kingbrough,Lindisfarne,Hounville, Claremont Bottom 5: Central Hawks, Brighton,Cygnet ,Sorell, Triabunna

I think someone should give James Bresnehan an updated SFL roster.

Triabunna may be a bit disappointed to find that Kermandie actually aren't fielding a team this year (as per article on page 77)

Yet in the form quide on page 78, they acknowledge that Triabunna has the bye.

Big thumbs down to the Mercury for not having a clue about local football.

Gees that would be a long road trip to find out that the team you're playing isn't fielding a side - anyone know how far it is from Triabunna to Geeveston and return?

Couldnt agree more, what a farce........... to think that these guys on the sportsdesk didnt know this, If you dont know anything about football, please dont write about. What an insult to the SFL

Triabunna may be a bit disappointed to find that Kermandie actually aren't fielding a team this year (as per article on page 77)

Gees that would be a long road trip to find out that the team you're playing isn't fielding a side - anyone know how far it is from Triabunna to Geeveston and return?

LOL, you guys beat me to the punch:thumbsu:

I just finished reading the Mercury and was about to post the same comments as you made.
When I first read it, I thought to myself, jeez the person who wrote this must have been a work experience journalist, then read the writer's name.:(

Jeez for someone like Bresnehan who has been writing for as long as he has, this is a pretty pathetic effort eh? I can only guess that he had a copy of the old roster in front of him when he typed out that p!ss poor write up and didn't think too clearly. Wouldn't be surprised if a work experience student did write it and he just plonked his name on top of the article and took the credit without proof reading it. :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

I'd usually agree fully, but credit to thr Muckery who had a front page on the good start to community footy around the south. I've never seen that before. I hope they can continue to show that level of interest for the season, Some of us live in permanent hope!!!!!!!

Couldnt agree more, what a farce........... to think that these guys on the sportsdesk didnt know this, If you dont know anything about football, please dont write about. What an insult to the SFL[/quote]

I think the crop of guys at the Mercury are really good.

To say they don't know anything about football is just crazy talk.

I think the crop of guys at the Mercury are really good.

To say they don't know anything about football is just crazy talk.

Are you for serious Duff?????:confused::eek:

Haven't you been reading the above comments clearly???

What self respecting football writer would write down

"Triabunna travel down to play Kermandie at Geeveston" a week or two after it was published that Kermandie had folded, and prior to that there were a couple of articles of Kermandie pleading for players and a coach.

If the footy writers were "In the know" this would have been picked up pretty quick from the proof reading which I assume is done before the final print run.

Plus if you can be bothered reading back a lot of posts (probably in the old threads) you might come across one or more instances where someone has brought up the Mercury's incorrect naming of some footballer in a photo or poorly edited write up.

Sorry Duff, you have failed to convince me there. :(

oops

Are you for serious Duff?????:confused::eek:
Haven't you been reading the above comments clearly???
What self respecting football writer would write down
"Triabunna travel down to play Kermandie at Geeveston"

mmm. I am happy to eat my words on that one. I will do my homework a bit better in future. I wonder who will put their hand up for that total stuff up. Pretty funny really.

I was meaning though that their reporting on games they attend is usually pretty spot on.

But gee that is a monumental stuff up to say the least.

South Australia National Football League (SANFL) (Port Adelaide Magpies) to Triabunna Harwood, Mark

this is the bloke that played for port in the afl originaly from triabunna if so good on them very good pick up will be coach half way through the year

Tasmanian State League (TSL) (Glenorchy)to HuonvilleCrouch, Jake
is thiss former wil leitch medelest jesse crouch if so a j crouch played reserves for hounville on w/e got b.o.g but if this the wil leitch medal winner that a kick in th a ss for a player his qualitly to play ressies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back