Southern Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

SFL Round 8
Fixture: Central Hawks v New Norfolk at Bothwell, Triabunna v Kingborough, Cygnet v Brighton, Lindisfarne v Dodges Ferry, Sorell v Huonville

Round 8 and other than the Hawks/New Norfolk game at Bothwell which should be a foregone conclusion, there are two matches that are of big interest. Starting at Port Park Cygnet who suffered a big defeat at the hands of Kingborough host Brighton who showed a little bit against Claremont before going under by 39 points. The Port at home should get the win against Brighton. And at the top end of the table, Lindisfarne host Dodges Ferry in a battle of the undefeated sides at ANZAC Park. Dodges look likely to start favourites against the Two Blues as the Sharks have been a lot more consistent during their winning streak. Other results should go to New Norfolk, Kingborough and Sorell.

Tips: New Norfolk by 200, Kingborough by 140, Cygnet by 20, Dodges by 55, Sorell by 35

Was wondering if anyone knew who Danny Priest played for. Seen him play for university blues in the vafa and looked to have a nice kick and good hands for his size

I think he may have played for Dodges Ferry in 2008. Not 100% sure though, recall a D.Priest playing for them, not certain if he's the guy in question. I recall him kicking 10 against the hapless Triabunna reserves the day Allan Haw kicked 20.7!

here is my best rep side even if some of these blokes are'nt selected in the shortlist.

b:j.bailey, b.curran, s.cornish
h.b:k.waller, t.bracken, n.barwick
c:n.doyle, n.foale, j.howe
h.f:r.belcher, m.thompson, j.rainbird
f:t.standen, a.burdon, b.carver
r:j.siggins, b.atkin, i.bennet
int:j.curran, n.clayton, j.britten, j.o'brien

thoughts? have i left any1 out??

thats a fair team you have picked there!! dont think there could be a better team put on paper.

Well hes obviously come a long way from reserves then. Nick Holland is all praise for the boy at the moment.

yeah he played at dodges last year, the year b4 that played at kingbrough played a cpl seniour games i think the rest in u19n its funny how he never got a look in at dodges but evry where els he plays hes ryt up there in the mix 4 the 1's!! he gets around a bit likes to tlk hmslf up too, i played u17 with him and in the 2's last year at dodges

dodges desperately need a key forward they got smashed on the we! and with simon lampkin and justin howe out for the year and mayb alan haw after injuring his neck wake bording. i carn't c them matching it with the two blues and new norfolk

thanks for that. i spoke to him at recovery session last nite and he seemed a bit quiet. never mentioned much about footy just that he was enjoying the year so far and so he should as hes leading the club goal kicking in what seems to be his first year of senior footy. well done id say

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Drunken revellers trash hotel
LINDA SMITH
June 16, 2009
DRUNKEN vandals believed to be linked to an SFL team have rampaged at a Midlands hotel.
Staff and guests were terrified after about a dozen rowdy men vandalised the Kentish Hotel at Oatlands early on Sunday morning.
The vandals, believed to be either players or supporters from SFL team Central Hawks, left a trail of destruction and a hefty damage bill.
It is believed the men -- aged in their late teens and early 20s -- entered the High St hotel about 2am after attending a function at the nearby football clubrooms.
Yesterday the Central Hawks said any players found to be involved in the incident would be sacked.
The pub was closed but two of the men had earlier booked accommodation in one of the hotel's upstairs rooms and used a key to get into the hotel with a group of men.
The men then went on what licensee Nadia Albertini and her partner Leighton Cornell called a "rampage".
Ms Albertini said the footballers yelled as they went up the hallway, frightening guests.
She said they tore screen doors, punched holes in walls and caused other damage.
"They were vomiting on the carpet, in the kitchen -- they pooed in my washing machine," Ms Albertini said.
"There was something smeared on the benches that was brown.
"They woke up all the guests, one man was in his 80s and he was absolutely scared stiff, they were banging on his door."
There was also a substance that looked like tomato sauce or blood smeared on the walls.
Ms Albertini said the pub closed at 10.30pm because the nearby football function was on and they did not want drunken people showing up at the hotel.
Police broke up the incident at the hotel and the men were moved on. Investigations are continuing but no charges have yet been laid.
Mr Cornell said he believed at least two of the men were Central Hawks players and said they should be banned from playing football.
"I will not be happy with anything less than these players being struck from the register," he said.
The hotel used to sponsor the club but cancelled the deal last year after players became rowdy and "verbally crass" when Premier David Bartlett and other politicians visited for a meeting.
Central Hawks president Nick Webb said the incident had been "blown out of proportion" but said any players involved would be struck off.
Mr Webb said the club had helped police with investigations and would discuss the issue at a meeting tonight.
"It's disappointing to us . . . if we find out it was someone involved with our footy club they'll be delisted," he said.
http://www.themercury.com.au/article/2009/06/16/79231_todays-news.html

I would comment, but the inaccuracy of most of it boggles the mind.

And yes expect several player sackings from what I hear

Well after this weeks matches it is the half way mark on the season, what to people think?? Odviously New Norfolk the team to beat, can Lindisfarne and Dodges Ferry hold 2nd and 3rd or could Central Hawks, Huonville or Kingborough get one of those positions. Or could Sorell and Claremont snatch a finals spot. Outside the top 3 teams, I think the spots between 4 and 8 are very close and come the end of the season percentage will be the difference. any thoughts?????

Lock in New Norfolk, Lindisfartne, Dodges Ferry 1-2-3.

Huonville-Kingborough 4-5.

Hawks-Claremont-Sorell fighting it out for the 6th and final spot.

Brighton, Cygnet, Triabunna can't get there you wouldn't think.

Got a funny feeling the "luck of the draw" gonna have a say in a few finishing spots.

Avoiding New Norfolk a second time - especially at Boyer could hand Dodges 2nd spot, whilst Claremont, obviously making up the numbers should they sneak into 6th, will not be helped by only one game v Triabunna.

New Norfolk's flag to lose at this stage, but didn't we say this at the same time last year about a certain team?

New Norfolk's flag to lose at this stage, but didn't we say this at the same time last year about a certain team?[/quote]

There's more chance of the sun falling out of the sky and hitting Barge in the head than New Norfolk losing the big one this year.

Lock in New Norfolk, Lindisfartne, Dodges Ferry 1-2-3.

Huonville-Kingborough 4-5.

Hawks-Claremont-Sorell fighting it out for the 6th and final spot.

Brighton, Cygnet, Triabunna can't get there you wouldn't think.

Got a funny feeling the "luck of the draw" gonna have a say in a few finishing spots.

Avoiding New Norfolk a second time - especially at Boyer could hand Dodges 2nd spot, whilst Claremont, obviously making up the numbers should they sneak into 6th, will not be helped by only one game v Triabunna.

New Norfolk's flag to lose at this stage, but didn't we say this at the same time last year about a certain team?

Pretty much agree there Barge (yes I know I'm agreeing with you...:eek:) Sorell's game against Claremont tommorrow takes on added importance and whoever loses there could be in difficulty. Kingborough have a prickly run over the next month (Lindisfarne, Dodges, New Norfolk and Huonville) but will be saved by a easier run home.

Thoughts for Tommorrow...

SFL Round 11

Claremont v Sorell, Kingborough v Lindisfarne, Huonville v Dodges Ferry, Brighton v Central Hawks, Cygnet v Triabunna, New Norfolk bye

At least this week New Norfolk can relax after their 10th win in a row, claiming the full set of wins in 2009 against their SFL opponents and scoring 1966 points in the process. At this pace a 4000 point season might not be impossible. Anyway the main game this week looks to be Kingborough and Lindisfarne with Lindisfarne still needing to perform well to at least keep their hold on second place. The Tigers have impressed this season to date however they might find their match against the Blues. Sorell head to Abbotsfield Park with their finals hopes hanging narrowly, and a loss to Claremont might end that hope while Dodges Ferry, Central Hawks and Cygnet will be winners in the other games.

Tips: Sorell by 20, Lindisfarne by 18, Dodges by 55, Cent Hawks by 120, Cygnet by 80

There's more chance of the sun falling out of the sky and hitting Barge in the head than New Norfolk losing the big one this year.

Agreed. They're that likely to win it that Barge Sportsbet has installed them at $0.95 favourite! :D

Please enquire for other prices....

What price can I get with you Sportstalk07 on Claremont today v Sorell?

SFL Round 11

Claremont v Sorell, Kingborough v Lindisfarne, Huonville v Dodges Ferry, Brighton v Central Hawks, Cygnet v Triabunna, New Norfolk bye

Tips: Sorell by 20, Lindisfarne by 18, Dodges by 55, Cent Hawks by 120, Cygnet by 80

You've been spending too much time up North, Sporty!

I'm hoping Claremont by about that margin, Lindisfarne by 7-10 goals, Dodges by 5 goals, Hawks will win but by nowhere near that much - Brighton a way better side at home than on the road (but which team isn't!) and Cygnet should win by something similar to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back