Speculation follows Petterd to GC

Remove this Banner Ad

Really hope he does the right thing by the club that gave him his chance and saved his life. I called it earlier this season but I hope it doesn't happen

The kid is recoving from his injury visiting his parents on the Gold Coast and has decided to watch a football game. STOP THE PRESS. The Age should try and get more hard facts before putting out this rubbish.

I'm not overly concerned, it's a free country, he can go to the footy in his hometown if he likes.
Or as his manager seemed to be readily available for comment, it may just have been something he hatched to try and leverage a little more out of the next contract, force the club to the table.

Haha. I just saw on his Twitter he said he was comin back from the goldy n wondered why there wasn't a panic on this board. There was. Guys, he is from qld. He is allowed to go home while injured to visit his folks and eat a home-cooked meal! Might as well just save a template post to paste in every time a dees player books a plane ticket north. Let's not worry about it till it happens?

I wouldn't say this is a panic. I hope the general idea of this post is about the article digging for something. Is it a slow news day in Melbourne?

Of course GC will chase him, that is a definite and should be expected. They'd be stupid not to.

Will he go? Well i guess we'll find out in a few months.

I'm not convinced Petterd is leaving. But if he were to leave, I would put him into the same category as Dog McLean. We have been on our knees the last few years, and now with a little light at the end of the tunnel, anyone who decides they want to leave is a dog. Especially since our forwardline is the one area we need the most work still. Petterd will be a very good player in the future to come. The Dees have done all the hard work to get him where he is. Would be devastated if he leaves, and I feel it would leave a large hole in our F50 going forward. If he's using his trip to the GC match as leverage for his contract, then good on him, we should pay him what he wants anyway. But if it's something more sinister, then I'll be the first one on the fence abusing him when we play the GC next season!

I believe he has already signed with the GC, have heard a few things from a couple of people i would consider in the know.

I believe he has already signed with the GC, have heard a few things from a couple of people i would consider in the know.

Until confirmed, I'll think otherwise. But if it's proven true, Petterd will join Dog McLean as the most hated player in the league in my book. I know most teams will have players poached by GC and WS, but Petterd looks to have just found his feet in the AFL. Added to the fact that we are struggling to find goal kickers, this would be a major kick in the teeth for us as a young team. F*ck the AFL for introducing 2 new teams into the competition when we clearly do not need them or want them!

At the end of the article...

Gold Coast chairman John Witheriff said at the weekend the club had been frustrated that it could not yet announce players it had signed for next year. Petterd is not believed to be one of those players.

Slow news day in Melbourne, let's not get worried over some scraping of the barrel by The Age.

Um read his Twitter. He ain't going anywhere he wants to "be around the club". He is Melbourne.

yer viewing his last 2 tweets ..

Great day on the Gold Coast, ready to get back to Melb tho and start my rehab..Just wanna be around the club!! haha..ps.im on 998 followers!

Thanks for getting me to 1000 followers! You are all my homies.lol..Last day on the goldy then back to melb for the real stuff!.Cant wait!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When he was ruled out for the season, didn't he say he couldn't wait to pull on a dees jumper in 2011? I hope he stays, I think he can become a very dangerous marking forward if he isn't already.

if he does go, do we get anything in return? I'd hope we'd snatch a mclean deal rather than a chris johnson...

This is IMO different to the McLean situation.

Brock had already given the club a fair bit IMO and I don't think it was a case of 'I want to go to Carlton'. I believe Carlton enquired about his availability, Melbourne declared an acceptable price and then the deal was done. I don't really hold any grudges with Brock, in fact I hope he does well for Carlton.

If Petterd goes though I will hate him with a passion. The club doctors saved his life, we will be able to offer him a decent amount of money and we will be better than the GC for the next 10 years.

FWIW I don't think he'll go. I think he is just genuinely interested in how the GC fares, after all imagine if you suddenly had an AFL team in your home town?

If Petterd goes though I will hate him with a passion. The club doctors saved his life, we will be able to offer him a decent amount of money and we will be better than the GC for the next 10 years.

FWIW I don't think he'll go. I think he is just genuinely interested in how the GC fares, after all imagine if you suddenly had an AFL team in your home town?

6 of the best 17yr olds in the country, draft picks 1,2,3,5 plus more, up to 16 players from other clubs and GARY JNR all say "SUP" :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Pretty sure he's just a fan of the GC footy club which is fair enough, being a Gold Coast boy. I saw his facebook profile (massive fb stalker) and he is a fan of the Gold Coast Football Club facebook group. Don't think it's a massive problem to be honest.

Nothing is certain going into the future. But what will help us is our players currently learning each other. Ablett is going to do some things that the gc kids won't be skilled enough for. Like some passes from davey. It won't work seamlessly.

Would be shattered if we lost Ricky, worst possible time a player can leave a club.. after theyve been drafted +3 or so years of development... it just goes down the toilet

Would you hate him more than scott thompson?

Hate to say it, but I won't be too upset if he goes. As long as we get something back. He is a good player, but I don't think we will fall without him.

Would hate to see him go. He could be one of the success stories of the MFC, and we desperately need a forward target. He's been brilliant this year in front of goals.

I like Scott Thompson. My fav non Melbourne player. Followed by trav cloke. Both have sooooooooooooooooo much potential it's scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation follows Petterd to GC

Remove this Banner Ad

Back