Sports that should be Olympic events

Remove this Banner Ad

Kendo - something to inspire sci-fi and jedi knight fans at universities arounds the world.
[YOUTUBE]Q4SHWXQBVL4[/YOUTUBE]

You've got boxing, taekwondo, judo and wrestling ... so why not kickboxing?

I'd really like to see futsal in though. Wouldn't even need another venue for it, you can play it on the handball court as they're the same size.

20/Twenty would be great, Golf could work also.

The one event I'd love to see back is the race in armour (forget it's name:p). Wouldn't have to be armour, just a predetermined distance with some form of extra weight to be carried.

As is badminton, unfortunately.

I think Golf would suffer the same way that Soccer and Tennis do, in that the main players wouldn't really be all that interested (at least I wouldn't think so), so it could become a very B-grade event.

20/20 cricket would be pretty cool, if the ICC could work the already packed International schedule around the Olympics.
We'd still struggle even if we had Scott and Baddeley

I think it's fair to say dressage is by far the shittiest Olympic sport.

Far from it, dressage seems go straight over a lot of people heads on here, if there was more understanding of it, it would be more enjoyable, obviously its bore when you know shit all, too complicated for some (the lack of knowledge of dressage on here is very funny at times).
Dressage is more for the equestrian enthusiast and there are a lot of them so your comment does not really stack up. Anyway what has it got to do with this thread? Kinda in the wrong on.

Another one, duck duck goose :p or how about arm wrestling?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sports that should be in:
Squash (This sport would work, not like tennis)
Skateboarding (This should replace the BMX, much better sport)
Rugby 7's (It's a good sport)
Bowls (Attractive for the old people, I actually dont mind it)
Netball (If basketball is in it, netball should be in it)
Horce Racing (We love the Melbourne Cup, why not in the Olympics)

Sports that should be out:
Tennis (No one takes an interest in it, especially the players)
Table Tennis (Not enough competitive countries)
BMX (Didn't work)
Trampoline (Same as synchro)
Handball (It's not a worldwide sport)
Synchronised Swimming (It's not a sport)

Sports that are already out:
Badminton
Baseball/Softball (Shouldn't be though)

Sports that should be in:
Squash (This sport would work, not like tennis)
Skateboarding (This should replace the BMX, much better sport)
Rugby 7's (It's a good sport)
Bowls (Attractive for the old people, I actually dont mind it)
Netball (If basketball is in it, netball should be in it)
Horce Racing (We love the Melbourne Cup, why not in the Olympics)

Sports that should be out:
Tennis (No one takes an interest in it, especially the players)
Table Tennis (Not enough competitive countries)
BMX (Didn't work)
Trampoline (Same as synchro)
Handball (It's not a worldwide sport)
Synchronised Swimming (It's not a sport)

20/20 Cricket should be seriously considered.
If it's going to happen. Then the Champions Trophy or the 20/20 world cup should be scrapped.
So you'd have handball out because it's not worldwide sport, but would want netball and rugby 7's in with cricket under consideration too? :confused:

Handball is one of the highlights of the games for me and if the handball thread on this board is anything to go by then there are plenty of fans (if only for two weeks every four years).

Also, skateboarding, horse racing, netball and bowls aren't even recognised by the IOC anyway. I honestly can't see why squash isn't in the Olympics though!

Certainly not in its current form - ie. full match. Modify the rules, say 8 players for 30min halves (10/30). Watching football at the Olympics is like going to Michelin 3-star restaurant and ordering a steak 'n chips.

Golf - it'd have to be a teams event. Australia would be good at this :thumbsu:

Baseball/softball - pity to see it go. It's much more competitive than what cricket would be (except for softball). A few Asian and Central American countries would be pissed.

Western horse riding disciplines should definitely be included. The utilitarian part of horse riding.

Dragon boats.

Indoor cricket - it'd be like Euro handball and badminton. Lots of movement in a small area, would be great to watch. Entry costs would be small.
agree with that

I'm a revhead so Id want either Motogp or World Superbike :D

that wudnt work due to the location of the olympics some countries have absolutely no surf around them. im probably wrong but i wud say london would have barely any good surfing beaches.

thankfully england has a body of water around it, you can hold the surfing at bournemouth, or brighton...

i think golf could be an acceptable sport for The Commonwealth Games

the commonwealth games are quite farsical though :rolleyes:

maybe cricket should be given a try in the Commonwealth games (again!) before considering the olympics

Remove this Banner Ad

Sports that should be Olympic events

Remove this Banner Ad

Back