Spring Racing

Remove this Banner Ad

surely wouldn't run it if not right. Its a colt yeah? They'd be protecting its record for breeding purposes rasher than flogging like its Weekend Hussler

stud value goes through the roof if he wins this, he's not yet a Group 1 winner remember, who's to say RE runs this well again next prep?

Cant blame him for having throw at the stumps here.

Rich Enuff $1.50 place TAB sportsbet

Is that money for old rope or perhaps for jam?
not worried about Rich Enuff at 1200 meters, 12-1400 his best distance range. I am more worried about him down the straight in this race given that he almost got beaten by LLTC last time they went down there. He is way better around turns where he can accelerate away. Having said that i doubt he can miss the place.

not worried about Rich Enuff at 1200 meters, 12-1400 his best distance range. I am more worried about him down the straight in this race given that he almost got beaten by LLTC last time they went down there. He is way better around turns where he can accelerate away. Having said that i doubt he can miss the place.

Disagree, he was dynamic down the straight last time, LLTC is good 3yo, he has form around Brazen Beau through the winter and had no luck in the Gunieas, look at the space back to 3rd in that race, straight is no issue for him particularly given he is drawn to stalk them down the outside again.

There is plenty of money to be made on horses that are written off because of speculation about being past their best or over the top when they are the best horses in the race a la Catkins and Rich Enuff. They generally get out to good odds because the "experts" talk themselves into thinking it cant win. Catkins could easily get out to 9s/10s and if so i am prepared to bet because if it is right it wins. IF not then oh well, next race. (i say that because i have a philosophy that i dont mind if i lose on a few races as long as the right winner gets me in front, not the usual punters philosophy of trying to make a profit on every race they bet on)

Disagree, he was dynamic down the straight last time, LLTC is good 3yo, he has form around Brazen Beau through the winter and had no luck in the Gunieas, look at the space back to 3rd in that race, straight is no issue for him particularly given he is drawn to stalk them down the outside again.
He is my top pick MM but i wont back him, this race has much more depth than his last straight run and he is ripe for something running over him. if he gets out to 6s though i might have something on him, i will qualify that by saying i am a win punter only

Warming to Solicit on an e/w basis. Excuses for its last run 2.8L behind Trust In A Gust (wide barrier, pulled up lame). She likes Flemington, goes really well for the jock, and has had a freshen up since her last run. Comes out of a nice barrier (5) and should get a nice sit on the outside of Sweet Idea. Currently $10w and $3.30p. How do others see her chances.

Azkadellia, lay of the day for mine. No luck last time out, a given, but bookies have put her up similar odds to last time. This time out up against the males not to mention a field with so much more depth and talent than Sea Spray and co.

Take your $2.80 -$3 and shove it up your arse, no thanks.

Last edited:
Azkadellia, lay of the day for mine. No luck last time out, a given, but bookies have put her up similar odds to last time. This time out up against the males not to mention a field with some much more depth and talent than Sea Spray and co.

not sure, was a super impressive finish from what Payne did to her

Maybe you're right but I cant ignore it

not sure, was a super impressive finish from what Payne did to her

Maybe you're right but I cant ignore it

Not saying she can't win (i was on last start as well), but thats just a ridiculous price based on what I've mentioned.

Gross unders, $5 - $6 is a more realistic price IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not saying she can't win (i was on last start as well), but thats just a ridiculous price based on what I've mentioned.

Gross unders, $5 - $6 is a more realistic price IMO.

Exactly - one whats she's done so far is HUGE unders. Entirley being priced on potential.

Azkadellia, lay of the day for mine. No luck last time out, a given, but bookies have put her up similar odds to last time. This time out up against the males not to mention a field with so much more depth and talent than Sea Spray and co.

Should have bolted in last start. Hit the line strongly after being held up.

Think the extra 200 will suit, also drops 6.5kg. No value and prob unders at 3's but will be on.

Should have bolted in last start. Hit the line strongly after being held up.

Think the extra 200 will suit, also drops 6.5kg. No value and prob unders at 3's but will be on.

Me too, more confident than anything else on the day including Deep Field going the other way...just give her running room and she will brain them.

He's Your Man for me, really like the $6 on offer as well at 365, think he has come of age this prep. He has been set for this race but any runner backing up from a CP run has been a pretty good formula over the years so can't knock any of them.

Agree - McKinnon in recent times is usually won by a progressive horse or a horse that finished close up in the Cox Plate. I'll be backing the progressive horse I'm Your Man.

What's everyone's thoughts in Wandjina in the Carbine?

Thought he's run in the Cox Plate was pretty good up against the best WFA horses in the country, only beaten 3.5 lengths and came home hard in the Guineas from the back of the field in the run before that. Obviously has to carry an extra 5.5kg than last week but is also dropping back from 2040m to 1600m. Not sure why he is listed at $10.

Won't run a place - Either Gai or the owner Dr Bateman is trying to kill the horse.

Also in the boat that Star Fashion has too much to find. Think it will need the likes of Catkins and Sweet Idea to run well below their best.

I actually like Diamond Drille at double figure odds. Good run behind Sweet idea before its condition gave out in the last 100m. Solicit will roll forward and set a solid speed.Diamond Drille from barrier 3, should be 3 or 4 pairs back, and get the last crack at them. I have no problem with Sweet idea getting a mile against the mares - Found the line in the Coolmore over 1500m in a solidly run race and would have won in one more stride. The question is Sweet idea good enough ?

I really like scissor kick and lets make a deal at mid teen odds.

SK isnt far off STW, in fact its beaten it only 2 starts ago from memory. Then got turned around on its last run but SK got a shocking run and still found the line whilst STW maybe jumped marginally off but ended up getting a dream run.

If RE is slightly off i think SK can knock it off with a good run.

Disagree with you here, which is a rare occurrence.

You'll be lucky to get $2.50 on the day for good reason.

Wins by 3 lengths.

Disagree with you here, which is a rare occurrence.

You'll be lucky to get $2.50 on the day for good reason.

Wins by 3 lengths.

Seriously don't get the love - has raced nothing so far hasn't it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back