Status
Not open for further replies.

IDIG

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 3, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Ive got Goddard at the moment but have had Fisher for the last couple of years with no complaints. The guy is awfully consistent and it occured to me that there might be enough room in my team for both.

Anyone else thinking/done this? Im thinking id almost prefer Fisher over Gilbee or Newman or whoever.

If you can afford both then go for it they both score well together. If you only end up going for one then I would go Goddard myself got the feeling he's in for a big year

I've got Dal Santo in my midfield but I'm thinking of going with Goddard instead.

I just thought Dal might go up more in value after a quiet-ish 2008. If he takes the kick-ins all year like he did the other night his stats will go through the roof.

But yeah - Goddard is the one I'd take. He's ripe to take his game to a new level. Fisher will maintain his consistent quality compared to Goddard who will increase his output, imo.

Ive got Goddard at the moment but have had Fisher for the last couple of years with no complaints. The guy is awfully consistent and it occured to me that there might be enough room in my team for both.

Anyone else thinking/done this? Im thinking id almost prefer Fisher over Gilbee or Newman or whoever.

I think both are critical in DT.

As for SC I will probably only go Goddard, but it would be perfectly feasible to take both if it doesn't take away from your team in other places.

I have Goddard locked in, but am tossing up between Fisher and Newman. I have had Fisher for the past two years and admit it is reassuring knowing you will never be dumped with a sub-60 score; however do agree with Falchoon when thinking that he has found his level. Newman has an upside in that he may respond to his recent appointment as captain and rise again, I am however mindful of his start to the 2008 season.

Any further insights on my situation?

The writing is on the wall with goddard. He recaptured his form very quickly after a knee injury, has a massive strong body, reasonably quick, will play 90% of game time, will be rotated throught the mid field a lot this year, has fantastic disposal, pushes forward for long goals, great in a contest.

This may be a big call in a team with Roo and Dal in it but i think BJ ends up being Stk's number one SC player by the end of 09'.

Ps: will be putting a few dollars on him for the brownlow, even tho he's not the umpires favourite. (as you can tell im very excited about him this season)

I also have fisher just so reliable! if you can get both otherwise Goddard

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have Fisher.

So consistent.

Goddard is a future target but would love to make Gilbee --> Goddard somehow....its just his carry over points worry me, as Brendon can be a bit hot headed at times.

Do you think if they both played 22 games Fisher would score more points than Goddard though?

I think people get carried away with consistency.

In these Player X vs Player Y threads, unless you're trying to just win your league, you need the player who will score the most points over the season.

You know that Goddard and Fishers accumulated score would probably be 100-200 apart.

Toss the coin....especially with Macguire (sp?) back (for how long :eek:) Fish gets to move through the middle. ;)

EDIT: 08 Scores.

Goddard 2066 (less 2 rounds)
Fisher 2229

adding Goddards avg, 103 he scores 2272

So, so tight.

Fishers worst score 63, best 140

Goddard worst score 64 best 154

Man its tight.

Best to have both probably. :D

EDIT II: Now I have both...thanks PAFC, my team didn't lose much, in fact I reckon its even stronger now.

You know that Goddard and Fishers accumulated score would probably be 100-200 apart.

History suggests that Goddard is a higher scorer than Fisher, and I reckon he has way more upside this season, so I say pick Goddard. His 2007 season before his injury was far beyond anything Fisher has ever really managed.

There's nothing wrong with Fisher as a pick, I just think there is more value around in backs.

Fisher is a great DT pick though :thumbsu:

Funny you say that.

I have Goddard in DT. LOL

Nah got em both in SC now. Fisher is worth every penny. Nice to stack your flashy players with someone who is uber consistent. :)

Gilbee was the sacrificial lamb in this exercise

Funny you say that.

I have Goddard in DT. LOL

Nah got em both in SC now. Fisher is worth every penny. Nice to stack your flashy players with someone who is uber consistent. :)

Gilbee was the sacrificial lamb in this exercise

Yea, I have them both in DT, for sure.

Oooh, Gilbee though? He is a lock for me.

Great value, his average got hampered by playing him in defensive roles :)confused:) last year but the second half he played more traditional Gilbee-style and reigned in the points.

One of the best SC backs for the past few years, especially when you take out those games he had a job on somebody, he is elite.

Gilbee got tagged last year. ala Heath Shaw. Gilbee, however, fared better than ol' Heater.

Cooney will still be tagged by the opposing teams best tagger yes but teams try and put a defensive forward ie stop Gilbee getting the loss ball and hurting us with his wonderful field kicking. Norf did it twice.....

Heres a little reminder....

58 in rnd 4 v Rich

56 in rnd 8 v Freo

59 in rnd 9 v Roos

58 in rnd 18 v Roos.

Only 2 100+ scores in the first 10 rnds.

Oh yes he is Elite but he is a target on opposition coaches minds. Stop Gilbees run from HB and you stop the rebound attacking game the Dogs have produced.

But shit, he is a gun and I wish you well with him.

Fisher is a player who is not targetted. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back