St Kilda - miles off the pace

Remove this Banner Ad

too early to call. remember geelong at the conclusion of round 5 last year? were written off too.

Yeah but even prior to round 5 last year even we didn't lose like that. It was a train wreck. 6 goals in 3/4 of football with supposedly the best forward line in footy is not a good sign.

It's only round three and they've just lost the one game, so too early to write them off yet - remember us last year? All the same, a 75-point turnaround after that fairly lacklustre win over Carlton must have some alarm bells ringing.

I think when it comes down to it, the game plan does not suit them. They were doing something right in the first quarter - why not continue with that?

They have no depth. Absolutely NOTHING coming through, and they are still relying on a 36 YO and a number of average players.

It'll be party time if we get these jokers in the Finals.

Everyone seemed to think that the height of Riewoldt, Kozi and Gehrig would tear us apart. Riewoldt is a star, undoubted gun. Gehrig isn't the player he once was, Lake is more then a match for him. Kozi is a good player, but thats it. It amazes me that people think he is some star. Our forward line while not as big, is more dangerous then St Kildas. In the past they have beaten us as they have been better at winning the contested ball, tonight that wasn't the case

I couldn't agree with you more on Kozi, it amazes me too. He's a border line good player and that's about it. The most inconsistent footballer going around.I thought he was about to have a cry last night when Lake was giving him a few nudges while he was trying to have a drink.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone else get a bit bored of seeing these kinds of threads appearing 30 seconds after a team loses?

St. Kilda were ordinary tonight. But it's one result.

If Robert Walls or Mike Sheahan engaged in this kind of knee-jerk BS, the BigFooty mob would be ropeable.

But it seems to be acceptable for people on BigFooty to do the same thing.

It would be nice if people were able to express more considered views on football, rather than just seizing on whatever happened 5 seconds ago and formulating a view based entirely on that.

LOL c'mon its both BF and a troll post what do you expect on the internet:p

p.s. we played complete shite and deserved to lose:thumbsdown:

Grant Thomas sitting on sen coping it like a man as the Doggies ____ their leg on that underachieving Geelong circa early 90's pretenders. Actually massive apology to the Cats of that era the Saints can't even get into a gf. Pathetic gutless pea hearted capitulating cowards. Only contenders with the Cats? Total BS not in the same ball park. No heart the Cats would have smashed the Doggies by 80 points the gutless Sainters got a point turnaround. Sad smashed up little Sainters scar tissue gonna be on this one.
lol did Bally give your missus a bit or something? You seem quite upset.

They'll get better. But they really should've held onto that massive lead they had in the 1st quarter. Doggies just too good tonight.

Im surprised they didnt flood, i think they tried to play attacking footy for once, and not just flood, they want to be just like the Swans, but they failed miserably!

Does anyone else get a bit bored of seeing these kinds of threads appearing 30 seconds after a team loses?

St. Kilda were ordinary tonight. But it's one result.

If Robert Walls or Mike Sheahan engaged in this kind of knee-jerk BS, the BigFooty mob would be ropeable.

But it seems to be acceptable for people on BigFooty to do the same thing.

It would be nice if people were able to express more considered views on football, rather than just seizing on whatever happened 5 seconds ago and formulating a view based entirely on that.

i disagree. there was something really wrong about that loss. it was appalling. to me it seemed worse than melbourne being flogged by 100 points and never being in it.

the saint were all over footscray. they were utterly flogging them and looked untouchable. and then they just fold. meekly.

how does that happen ? is lyon a shit coach ? is that it ?

that wasn't your regulation loss. it was 10 times worse than that. somethings wrong there.

Reminded me a bit of the Geelong/WCe game in 2006. Obviously not as big a comeback or in such a short time, but the same thing effectivily happened; we were thrashing Eagles everywhere, and then we just stopped. That game was so much worst then the loss to Collingwood earlier that year, because it signified more then anything that something was wrong at the club, and that something needed to go.

Reminded me a bit of the Geelong/WCe game in 2006. Obviously not as big a comeback or in such a short time, but the same thing effectivily happened; we were thrashing Eagles everywhere, and then we just stopped. That game was so much worst then the loss to Collingwood earlier that year, because it signified more then anything that something was wrong at the club, and that something needed to go.

It reminded me of St.Kilda v Crows Friday night at the Dome, would've been 2005 or 06. Saints built about a five goal lead at quarter time only for the Crows to come back and win the game, Saints didn't kick too many goal after qtr time.

i disagree. there was something really wrong about that loss. it was appalling. to me it seemed worse than melbourne being flogged by 100 points and never being in it.

the saint were all over footscray. they were utterly flogging them and looked untouchable. and then they just fold. meekly.

that wasn't your regulation loss. it was 10 times worse than that. somethings wrong there.

The 'Dam' gates got stuck!

Hey Dicknose why would you give a rats arse if the Saints win or lose ? I would not give a damn if the earth opened and swallowed the entire Collingwood team as they ran out onto the MCG !!!! (you can only hope)

Why is everyone on here so obsessed with the Saints ?

You can all f*&k off and leave us alone we hate you all anyway

Hey Dicknose why would you give a rats arse if the Saints win or lose ? I would not give a damn if the earth opened and swallowed the entire Collingwood team as they ran out onto the MCG !!!! (you can only hope)

Why is everyone on here so obsessed with the Saints ?

You can all f*&k off and leave us alone we hate you all anyway

Are you trying to get a yellow card?

Remove this Banner Ad

St Kilda - miles off the pace

Remove this Banner Ad

Back