St Kilda President Andrew Bassat tees off on the AFL draft system, specifically father/son and the Northern Academies

Remove this Banner Ad

you have serious issues if u don't think its an advantage over "interstate teams" its also you're home venue for all finals unless there's multiple games already at the mcg
lets have the grand final in Queensland every year we will play it at Carrara if its Brisbane playing and Gabba if its Gold Coast, sounds fair

or you just deal with your lot which is the grand final is at the mcg and get on with it and not cry about it

also you raised salary cap concessions Brisbane got 2 decades ago, ill tell u what they also got in 2004, a home prelim at the mcg with a day less break
I didn't raise shit about the salary cap might want to recheck that

but back to it:
the GF at the MCG is it?

our lot is to suck it up and its a home state final, yet GWS play finals at a different venue to Sydney and GCS won't be playing finals at the GABBA, but we should just suck it up, love hows there are "conditions" on where we have to play our finals games, tell me what other clubs beside the 3 marvel teams do these "conditions" apply to

if you play the pies at the MCG then you have travel and not home game advantage
if you play Port in Port, you have travel and not HGA
if you play saints @ MCG you have travel, but it's basically a neutral venue with how little we play there
if we play you @ the GABBA we have travel and no HGA

yell me who has the least advantage of those scenarios?

Last edited:
I think you've just realised how ridiculous you sound. So now you've pivoted to try and talk about the historic issues of the club.

So you now see why it's perfectly normal for a st kilda president to be vocal about the issues they're facing AND you accept other clubs are facing these issues as well.
Exactly.

"Begging bowl"! Fmd

I didn't raise shit about the salary cap might want to recheck that

but back to it:
the GF at the MCG is it?

our lot is to suck it up and its a home state final, yet GWS play finals at a different venue to Sydney and GCS won't be playing finals at the GABBA, but we should just suck it up, love hows there are "conditions" on where we have to play our finals games, tell me what other clubs beside the 3 marvel teams do these "conditions" apply to

if you play the pies at the MCG then you have travel and not home game advantage
if you play Port in Port, you have travel and not HGA
if you play saints @ MCG you have travel, but it's basically a neutral venue with how little we play there
if we play you @ the GABBA we have travel and no HGA

yell me who has the least advantage of those scenarios?
its not neutral saying Brisbane vs st Kilda grand final @ mcg is neutral is ****ing absurd and im no longer going to engage with anyone with that logic

I seem to recall your former president often whining.

Eddie has made an artform of it and he's still whining on Footy Classified even though he's no longer the Collingwood president.

Exactly.

"Begging bowl"! Fmd

He makes it sound like Bassat was begging for a priority pick, we just got the FA compensation pick that we deserved for Battle.

Eddie has made an artform of it and he's still whining on Footy Classified even though he's no longer the Collingwood president.

He makes it sound like Bassat was begging for a priority pick, we just got the FA compensation pick that we deserved for Battle.
im not sure deserved is the right word for pick 8

im not sure deserved is the right word for pick 8

Battle is more deserving of Pick 8 than Ben McKay was deserving of Pick 3, Battle is a much better player than he is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what salary cap concessions if you were talking about the ones we received more than 2 decades ago which is really relevant to today, it was for interstate players at a % of the list
Isn't it relevant?

Can I ask how many games ashcroft played and when they were played?

Now please remind me... when did st kilda ever have salary cap concessions thrown at them to retain players? Remind me again how many father sons we have had?

How many many games short was Anderson from being a father son? When did we delist him? Was that around the time Brisbane inherited a bunch of talent with cap concessions?

ahh the grand final is in Melbourne every year for the next 50 years
Rofl that's like claiming you have am advantage at metricpn stadium

Fair dinkum. Do interstate supporters think all Melbourne clubs are the same and one entity.

it already its fair price the discount is marginal when clubs don't bother calling them out at 1, daicos went at 4, Ashcroft 2
20% discount is marginal but can't see that a game at a venue we play at as much as you is neutral........ riiight......

Rofl that's like claiming you have am advantage at metricpn stadium

Fair dinkum. Do interstate supporters think all Melbourne clubs are the same and one entity.
yes, yes it seems they do

20% discount is marginal but can't see that a game at a venue we play at as much as you is neutral........ riiight......
its 20% FOR EVERYONE omg I must be explaining shit to the dumbest people of all time, there's no reason that st Kilda don't go on a run and have the next 10 fathers sons that are all superstars, and having the grand final in Melbourne is a clear advantage as opposed to "interstate clubs"

It’s just a classic St Kilda woe is me story. Bungled your list over a decade via your own choices and upset that you get none of the structural advantages the other VFL clubs did and trying to make some noise with the ultimate goal being forcing the AFLs hand to give you band 1 compo for battle.

Mission accomplished. I don’t know why we are still talking about this issue. We won’t hear from Fred Bassat again until the Saints get their begging bowl put again.
You've posted in here the most (by a fair margin too) and yet you're somehow still missing the point. The lady doth protest too much methinks?

Have you still not bothered to watch the speech yet and therefore arguing something you don't understand? Or are you having a go at others' comprehension skills when maybe yours aren't up to scratch? Either way, it's getting pretty embarrassing now.

its 20% FOR EVERYONE omg I must be explaining shit to the dumbest people of all time, there's no reason that st Kilda don't go on a run and have the next 10 fathers sons that are all superstars, and having the grand final in Melbourne is a clear advantage as opposed to "interstate clubs"
They won't because st kilda had a history of not retaining talent.

you still haven't explained how the MCG is a clear advantage to St Kilda.

You've posted in here the most (by a fair margin too) and yet you're somehow still missing the point. The lady doth protest too much methinks?

Have you still not bothered to watch the speech yet and therefore arguing something you don't understand? Or are you having a go at others' comprehension skills when maybe yours aren't up to scratch? Either way, it's getting pretty embarrassing now.
He's cooked himself. Never seen someone so prepared to look so foolish in front of others.

it already its fair price the discount is marginal when clubs don't bother calling them out at 1, daicos went at 4, Ashcroft 2
Ashcroft, like the other one this year, would have been taken at 1 if the AFL didn’t load up a cash incentive for the first pick. Another endeavour by the AFL to obscure the farce.

Everyone should be paying a premium to skip the queue.

you still haven't explained how the MCG is a clear advantage to St Kilda.
ahh you don't have to travel, its literally a few kms down the road, its your HOME ground in finals or whenever it suits your financial agenda, go and ask Fagan the massive difference it is for interstate teams to play in grand finals logistically vs Melbourne teams

The intellect here of some Lions and Hawks fans as they respectively gear up to get Ashcroft at pick 1 with peanuts, and continue the long tradition of stealing Saints talent. Classism at its best. C2F72CE4-84A1-4E71-9D5A-2D8CC44EAFD2.JPG

Remove this Banner Ad

St Kilda President Andrew Bassat tees off on the AFL draft system, specifically father/son and the Northern Academies

Remove this Banner Ad

Back