St Kilda President Andrew Bassat tees off on the AFL draft system, specifically father/son and the Northern Academies

Remove this Banner Ad

So the Saints Pres insists that the draft & F/S system is flawed and that is part of the reason why they are always disadvantaged. He also admits they have made a lot of errors that have contributed to their shiteness.

Nek minnut ............... they go out and sign this perennial non-performer to an 8-year deal supposedly at around $1mil per season.

They have out-StKildered themselves yet again !!

Squeal all you like Saint Blunda, you will always be an irrelevance if you keep making stupid decisions like that !!
ok lets break this down

so he signed a 2 year extension on top of his remaining 2 years, with a "trigger" for an extension after that
Hawks are Paying Battle 1.1m next year, I know who I'd rather pay.

besides, who else are we paying?

decision-making advice from Carlton, that's not something anyone is going to accept

ok lets break this down

so he signed a 2 year extension on top of his remaining 2 years, with a "trigger" for an extension after that
Hawks are Paying Battle 1.1m next year, I know who I'd rather pay.

besides, who else are we paying?

decision-making advice from Carlton, that's not something anyone is going to accept

"St Kilda gun forward Max King has locked in his long-term future at the club by signing a new eight-year deal until 2032.

Already contracted until the end of 2026 — when he was due to become a free agent — the 24-year old has added another six years to his contract."

Why the hell was there such an urgent need to offer him another six years on top of the two he was already contracted for ???

Maybe the Saints should be focussing on the output of the player first & foremost.

"St Kilda gun forward Max King has locked in his long-term future at the club by signing a new eight-year deal until 2032.

Already contracted until the end of 2026 — when he was due to become a free agent — the 24-year old has added another six years to his contract."

Why the hell was there such an urgent need to offer him another six years on top of the two he was already contracted for ???

Maybe the Saints should be focussing on the output of the player first & foremost.

Maybe they understand to get a gun key forward moving through the Tassie establishment will be a nightmare.

it's funny as hell watching everyone lose their minds over little old insignificant St Kilda
Bassat is absolutely spot on

The competition expects us to sit down, shut up, take what we are given and say thank you for it

triggered a **** about a club that won 1 premiership in 151 years

No, the competition is just going to keep watching your mob self-implode as they have over the many decades.
you say that like Carlton hasn't just spent the last 20 years being worse than we have

Remove this Banner Ad

St Kilda President Andrew Bassat tees off on the AFL draft system, specifically father/son and the Northern Academies

Remove this Banner Ad

Back