Cancelled
10k Posts
Apr 27, 2005
8th place
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Ham, Tony Pulis hat
With all the buzz about drafting KPP players, I dont understand why people overlook the sheer importance of the midfielders.

Look at Saints, on paper there forward line is the best and most talented in the comp. Gehrig Riewoldt Kosi, you wont find a better trio then that but tonight there getting pwned.

No matter how good your forward line is if you dont have the midfield it will all go to waste. Not saying this because our forward line blows im saying this because I think people continue to underestimate the importance of a strong midfield.

Their midfield is very good.

Except GT is a bloody idiot and plays idiots like Milne and Rivolt there who arent midfielders.

Ball, Dal Santo and Harvey would be up there with the best 3 midfielders of any other side.

• Banned
Harvey is playing of a half forward flank, Id say a midfield of Dal Santo Goddard Thompson Fiora Ball Blake is one of the worst in the 8.

What a simplistci, moronic post - cause our fwd line is getting smashed tonight it proves its the midfield (just happens to be wet toast strongest area ofcourse...) that makes it all happen?

FFS man take a look - were getting smashed up fwd cause the Dockers have flooded all night and we have a nimrod for a coach who loses the plot everytime a half decent side does that to us .......and we cant over come that and we wont this year IMO.

Embers said:
With all the buzz about drafting KPP players, I dont understand why people overlook the sheer importance of the midfielders.

Look at Saints, on paper there forward line is the best and most talented in the comp. Gehrig Riewoldt Kosi, you wont find a better trio then that but tonight there getting pwned.

No matter how good your forward line is if you dont have the midfield it will all go to waste. Not saying this because our forward line blows im saying this because I think people continue to underestimate the importance of a strong midfield.
A good collective midfield is of paramount importance, nothing more important. You can't win a game without it. But at the same time big, outstanding KPP are much harder to find and are like gold and they really top off a great midfield. The midield is the cake, the key forward is the icing. Nothing worse than getting it into the forward line and having nothing on the end of it. Costly last year for the WCE. Interestingly, if the Eagles had Jono Brown instead of Chris Judd do you think they would've won the flag? I think they would've. If flags were won purely off the midfield the WCE would win the next 5.

Rather than just having a super midfield only, I'd rather a good midfield with good key forwards.

sainter35 said:
What a simplistci, moronic post - cause our fwd line is getting smashed tonight it proves its the midfield (just happens to be wet toast strongest area ofcourse...) that makes it all happen?

FFS man take a look - were getting smashed up fwd cause the Dockers have flooded all night and we have a nimrod for a coach who loses the plot everytime a half decent side does that to us .......and we cant over come that and we wont this year IMO.

It is the midfield you idiot.
Saints aren't trying to get it in quick. They hold onto the ball too much when a flood is on and don't have the leg speed to move the ball quickly.

Jimthegreat said:
Interestingly, if the Eagles had Jono Brown instead of Chris Judd do you think they would've won the flag? I think they would've.
But our midfield is overkill though.

Jimthegreat said:
Rather than just having a super midfield only, I'd rather a good midfield with good key forwards.
But who are first and second on the ladder? And were last year as well.

sainter35 said:

Both teams flooded, had men behind the ball. Also when freo were coming out of defense it was a lot easier for them, they had a lot more space. The saints flooded more than the dockers, and i was hoping the saints would win.

two things can help the sainst...

A new coach and a ruckman...Kozi isnt top class ruckman..at 196cm he gets jumped all over by Cox, Sandilands and others

the sainst would do well to look at gadriner.....atleast he gives them a half decent ruckman at the stoppages which is where the sainst get smahsed againts the better sides

Remove this Banner Ad

St Kilda prove the midfield make the forward line work

Remove this Banner Ad

Back