St.Kilda takes spotlight off Blues

Remove this Banner Ad

Waitingfor17

Draftee
Dec 7, 2008
Carlton
Is it just me or is it after our last two impressive wins over the Cats and the Power, we havn't recieved the media beat-up that we usually have got during the year.

- The win over Geelong: Very impressive win by all accounts but the Saints win over the Hawks took all the media attention which is rightfully so.

- The win over the Power: We didn't just beat them but pumped them on their own turf but again the heartstopper between the Saints and Bombers had the media with bigger boners then a forty year old virgin.

What it means for our team:

- Less pressure on our players, especially the younger players as they may not have learn't how to deal with pressures such as the media but will have to soon as Carlton on front and back pages sells papers.

- Doesn't let our players get ahead of themselves and think they are better then what they are. I have herd a few interviews from players after the game with the media daring them to say we can make top 4, but the players not buying into it and saying the right thing.

Thankyou St.Kilda

GO Blues

Do we really deserve the attention? We've only won 6 out of 7 games, and sitting at a lowly 5th position, with the most talented list and midfield in the AFL. Hardly anything to celebrate. The media should be devoting all their attention to the Pies and Saints and talking them up as much as possible over the next 4 weeks or so. :)

Happy with this.

The premature fab 4 shit bothered me.

Content to fly under the radar and hopefully rattle a few cages come September.

I can assure you we will be tipped as serious flag contenders next year from some quarters though.

Great OP! :thumbsu:
I'm more than happy for Collingwood & St.Kilda to have all of the spotlight on them. Will help our players not get ahead of themselves, and keep them focused on the job at hand - beating Melbourne at Docklands on Saturday afternoon!

+ 1 :thumbsu:

Excellent to have the spotlight on someone else.
For a while there the print media was saturated with articles on our boys, especially earlier on in the year.

Our boys will remain focussed on the job at hand.
Win the next 2 games and who knows what can happen in the finals.

I remember in 1999 we finished fifth after the home & away season & we all know what happened that year.

I am still hoping that we can finish 4th as at the beginning of the year I was happy that we just make the 8 ...... but not now :D

Is it just me or is it after our last two impressive wins over the Cats and the Power, we havn't recieved the media beat-up that we usually have got during the year.

- The win over Geelong: Very impressive win by all accounts but the Saints win over the Hawks took all the media attention which is rightfully so.

- The win over the Power: We didn't just beat them but pumped them on their own turf but again the heartstopper between the Saints and Bombers had the media with bigger boners then a forty year old virgin.

What it means for our team:

- Less pressure on our players, especially the younger players as they may not have learn't how to deal with pressures such as the media but will have to soon as Carlton on front and back pages sells papers.

- Doesn't let our players get ahead of themselves and think they are better then what they are. I have herd a few interviews from players after the game with the media daring them to say we can make top 4, but the players not buying into it and saying the right thing.

Thankyou St.Kilda

GO Blues

+10
amazing how much difference some stupid pointless journalists can make to a football club
never thought id say it, but thanks st kilda

this is a good thing! we don't deal well with good write ups and hype. talk it down, a win is a win and we'll be there in september, let them write about it then!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That wasn't the only thing that was bumped off the front page by the Saints loss.

The whole media seem to have let "through to the keeper" Nick Maxwell complaining about the Tigers going the knuckle.

Hello? WTF? Nick "I'm a sniper of 19y.o." Maxwell sooking about a push and shove? I suppose he still thinks he got McGinnity side on. Didn't help that his appeal was upheld.

The coathanger on Murphy last year........

I could take that comment from many player.....but not Nick.

Isn't it funny that no-one tipped us, yet when we smased Port the media acted like "well of course.....what else would we expect?"

Knobs.:eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

St.Kilda takes spotlight off Blues

Remove this Banner Ad

Back