Review St Kilda v Collingwood Rd 3 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it just me or should Lonie have been paid a free kick for holding the man & blocking off the ball?

I never understood how you can drag a player to the ground by the jumper & it not be a free kick. If he was put in a headlock or pushed in the face, he'd be given a free kick for high contact, so why no free for holding off the ball?

I reckon what pissed him off was that Reid was doing the full "Baker" thing. Watch where his hands are going as they run towards the boundary. I'd bet there would have been a lot more of it if beforehand. Smart move by Lonie. Nothing bad enough for him to cop anything, nothing to ping Reid and Goldsack for, but enough of a bad look to create a bit of umpire attention round those involved.

Taken me 30hours to come here and post my thoughts.
》congrats on the win, should've been closer to 8 or 9 goals
》Richardson schooled Buckley in matchups and game style, used your far superior pace to play the whole ground, ran wide, ran fast and kept running to space
》 Hickey was huge
》 Jack Steven was insane in the gut running dept
》 Joey is s great seagull, left alone he simply moved at will deciding which direction to run the ball.
》 experienced defence versus a "new" defence, results were obvious for all to see
》 Riewoldt on a wing was impossible to stop
》 A forkilft couldn't move Josh Bruce...he's damm strong (re-sign him ASAP)
》Put Jake and Hugh in and your spine is set
》Some of your supporters, hope it wasnt anyone here (lower level gate 3 section M51,row K seated between 20-30 somewhere, yes it was me who abused the 3 of you for abusing your players and yes as offered on the day, would be only too happy to meet the 3 of you outside the ground - weak campaigners who abuse players based on past indiscretions not on the amazing game they played on the day really ******* shit me)

》 You guys are on the right track, time for a few on here to start embracing the hope and the future rather than continually living in the past.

Cheers
Toxic
Thanks for the kind words mate.

Treloar is a deadset gun!

my oldest got to see his 1st win as a saints supporter, was to damn hot to wear more than we had on, sun beating down on us all game.

IMG_9226_zpsdntwjflq.png

great stuff buddy!!!! who's his fav player?

The MCG was a factor in our domination imo.

We've good skilful players, speed and penetrating kicks and good one on one players, playing at the G is a lot better than Docklands.

I reckon we have been trying it out for a while but some how everyone seemed to actually be able to hit targets for a change, I don't know if it's the extra space at the G made it work but at least you could see what the game plan seemed to be and it was very well executed. Against the Dogs we seemed to spot up their players trying the same thing.

I thinks that's probably a reflection on their pressure, execution of defensive mechanisms and just individuals being brilliant at what they do (Wood, Morris, Jj). We used a similar ball movement pattern against the power, I just found it interesting that we didn't overuse in the corridor, and the diagonal kick inside 50 was often used much closer to the arc than what we could have done. It made the Collingwood defenders look like a rabble.

I thinks that's probably a reflection on their pressure, execution of defensive mechanisms and just individuals being brilliant at what they do (Wood, Morris, Jj). We used a similar ball movement pattern against the power, I just found it interesting that we didn't overuse in the corridor, and the diagonal kick inside 50 was often used much closer to the arc than what we could have done. It made the Collingwood defenders look like a rabble.
We played better this week but Collingwood was worse then the Dogs and the MCG is a bigger ground

Just watching the replay at the moment. A real stand out is McCartin for me, and one I didn't pick up on so much at the ground (his mark aside). The way he moves and his size, hard to believe he's still only 19-20. Looks like he could be the next Jonathon Brown to me. Really exciting.

I'm a little late to the party, but watched the game live and again yesterday. Everything has already been said, but I want to point out again how great it is to see Dunstan back to his best. For most of last year he looked a little out of place after his shoulder surgery, but he has definitely turned it around. It's only one game, but I saw the same speed, intensity, tackling and skills that he had when he was at his best, and that's exciting. The whole team stood up for the game. So many names to point out: Ross, Montagna, McCartin's first half, Billings, Savage, Sinclair, pretty much everyone on ground, there weren't any passengers. Everyone looked at their best, can't wait to watch the Hawks game next week to see if we can carry over the form from last week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watching the replay at the moment. A real stand out is McCartin for me, and one I didn't pick up on so much at the ground (his mark aside). The way he moves and his size, hard to believe he's still only 19-20. Looks like he could be the next Jonathon Brown to me. Really exciting.

He was moving around the ground beautifully wasn't he... it wasn't the first time this year either. It seems like it's just a matter of time before he has one of those games where a few things go right for him and he kicks a handful of goals and really makes the comp take notice.

Loved Paddy Mac's mark on Reid in the first quarter... Reid tries to outbody him, Paddy flicks his hips & puts Reid under the ball, Reid hits him across the head & Paddy still marks holding his ground while Reid is falling off balance.

This kid is ****ing strong.... Plugger v2.0

Loved Paddy Mac's mark on Reid in the first quarter... Reid tries to outbody him, Paddy flicks his hips & puts Reid under the ball, Reid hits him across the head & Paddy still marks holding his ground while Reid is falling off balance.

This kid is ******* strong.... Plugger v2.0

He is still a bit pudgy looking, not a cut guy but he's huge this year. I was worried he wouldn't bulk up enough, now he looks like he'll need to manage skin folds. I reckon he's one of those guys who will just have a game where he dominates and then he'll believe in himself. He's a ripper guy Paddy, you couldn't meet a better kid and even when he's a gun he seems like the type who will stay down to earth.

He is still a bit pudgy looking, not a cut guy but he's huge this year. I was worried he wouldn't bulk up enough, now he looks like he'll need to manage skin folds. I reckon he's one of those guys who will just have a game where he dominates and then he'll believe in himself. He's a ripper guy Paddy, you couldn't meet a better kid and even when he's a gun he seems like the type who will stay down to earth.
Agree, but i reckon he needs to work on his breakaway speed and leading.

This kid is ******* strong.... Plugger v2.0
Yep, really he could have had 4 scoring shots in the first half. He took that mark then unselfishly passed to Steven for our first goal.

Jonathan Brown on the couch is very impressed with big Paddy and thinks he'll definitely live up to the number 1 draft expectations.
But, but, Leigh Matthews... Dermott Brereton... stuff...

Remove this Banner Ad

Review St Kilda v Collingwood Rd 3 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back