St.Kilda/Victoria Police rape cover up?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The biggest issue here is how bent the Victorian coppers are. I don't like Milne one little bit but it may have been better for him if it did get to court. If he's as innocent as he says he is then that would be his chance to prove it once and for all.

Unlucky for the Saints if this starts up again

WTF? Yeah it would be such a shame for the Saints if what looks like a dodgy investigation of an alleged rape was investigated properly???

Be a shame for Milne and Montagna if they are innocent that they aren't cleared properly after accusations like this.

With the policeman interviewed you don't just "retire" at his age.... The system pushes you out if you disagree with the "team"
Don't care about the St Kilda players, I care about the women involved and how they have been treated. How are they? does anyone care?
All AFL players need to take responsibility when women, who will want to be with you, not for you but your status need to think with there head not below.
Grow up boys all teams....
Peace

Could it be that eventually the cops guilt had overcome him. I mean rightly or wrongly in regards to the St Kilda high school incident, could it have been the tipping point, particularly if he found out who was involved. This could of been the straw that broke camels back. The cop finally came out to break the silence of unjust he could not bear no longer.

This thread is shrinking!

Fair point smoky. Regardless of whether the boys are innocent, then a proper investigation would be what's needed. If it was glossed over the first time and the handling warrants investigation then wouldn't you want it?

Smoke...Fire?

Please stay on the topic.

Milne's charges were dropped, he is therefore innocent. Yet people brand him a rapist? Can't you see the difference? If not, I can't help you. You are a lost cause.

Former Sen-Det Scott Gladman says tapes of interviews with the two Saints were stolen from his desk and the alleged victim's statement was leaked to the club during the six-week probe.

Higher ranked officers and the then-Director of Public Prosecutions, Paul Coughlan QC, declined to prosecute Milne, saying there was no chance of a conviction.

There is a huge difference between someone being tried for a crime, then being proclaimed innocent and the inability for a case to proceed due to tampering of evidence and the ensuing lack of chance of conviction.

Is he innocent in his own mind and God's eyes? Time may tell...

Damn I hope the guys are guilty and the investigation was "corupt" because if Milne and Montagna are innocent as the investigation was found then there lives have just hit another low!

Lets be serious here as AFL fans (putting what you think of Milny aside)channel 9 better have got this right and the police interviewed aren't just trying to get there 15 minutes of fame because if there just stirring up the past just to make themselves the big headline when the guys were found innocent then they need to be made accountable.

Surely if St.Kilda helped cover this up they will be suspended from the league? Atleast next year there wouldn't be any byes :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so, what i take from this is that the police officer is saying that milne is guilty, otherwise why would he bring this up???

When another cop comes out and tells the same story, I might start to believe there was a giant cover up of an alleged rape by two then not very big stars of football. Until then, this looks like some guy trying to get paid.

Surely you can apply that logic and times it by two. Surely the network has enough money not just to pay two cops but several people.

Then again StKilda probably has enough money to pay the victims and keep their mouth shut.

Well well well. So this cop is saying Milne is guilty of rape?

Well, he is saying the case was handled in a dishonest corrupt way by the Police, and he may be hinting that higher ups at STK were involved. If the victim didn't have a case against Milne, you wouldn't think those certain people would go to the trouble of covering up and hiding documents etc. So he may be alluding to that.

This of course IF this cop is elling the truth about said documents and tapes going missing.

if Milne and Montagna are innocent as the investigation was found then there lives have just hit another low!

This, but don't feel like you will get much support on here.

Curious if some of the posters have a 'what if he is innocent' thought run through their mind before they post some of this stuff, even if just a fleeting tiny thought?

this guy was an adviser on the set of "underbelly" so in the pay of nine. allegedly

St Kilda covering up something is ludicrous... especially concerning something as serious as rape.

Its not like a freakin traffic ticket... its rape! I don't believe for a second that the Saints administration and staff would ever protect someone from that kind of allegation just to make it 'go away'. Nor would any other team, even football teams have morals.

I think the story, and probably others to come, is suggesting the police were responsible IF anything was covered up.

Former Sen-Det Scott Gladman says tapes of interviews with the two Saints were stolen from his desk and the alleged victim's statement was leaked to the club during the six-week probe.

He actually said they went missing from his desk for a few hours .... that said I hope he can prove this allegation and back up his claims because if he can't then what is to say he isn't lying his arse off???

There is a huge difference between someone being tried for a crime, then being proclaimed innocent and the inability for a case to proceed due to tampering of evidence and the ensuing lack of chance of conviction.

Sorry what evidence was tampered with???

And can you please explain in what way they were tampered with show evidence to back up these claims???

Cheers :thumbsu:

St.Kilda fans you may not like it but just about every time when there is smoke there is fire. You are considered guilty before proven innocent in the public's eye.

If that was/is the way evidence is handled in the Victorian Police System then this story is a lot bigger than an alleged rape. This puts the entire system in question. How many people in jail are right now ringing their lawyers saying "OH NOES MY FILES WAS TAMPERED WITH! HALP ME!"

But will other cops come out and back this guy up or is this conspiracy that big?

As for the Saints, it would seem all of the alleged corruption was on the police side of things. We didn't cover up anything.

Sorry what evidence was tampered with???

And can you please explain in what way they were tampered with show evidence to back up these claims???

Cheers :thumbsu:

He said he could not leave the brief of evidence in his desk at night because he couldn’t be sure it was safe.

“I couldn’t guarantee the integrity of the security of the office. I couldn’t understand how something like that could become so big, and allowed to become so ouot of control.”

Sen-Det Gladman said he found part of the transcripts of the player police interviews on his office photocopier.

He also discovered recordings of their interviews had gone missing from his desk for up to seven hours.

He said he also learned that someone had shown people at St Kilda the woman’s statement.

I think this should cover it for you mate. Didn't you get a complementary photocopied witness statement with your membership renewal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back