Stadium Redevelopments

Remove this Banner Ad

It's really cool how they're building it from an architectural point of view. To build a third tier on top of the current one without impeding the view and with a giant roof in the way is incredibly smart

Gonna be one of the biggest stands in Europe when finished, looks absolutely massive.

Hoping to get to one last game later this year before I go home to check it out. For the most part it'll make zero difference to the atmosphere but an extra 9,000 on a big Premier League game or European Night in a season or two's time will be epic, especially once they end up doing the Annie End (which is in dire need of work).

What part were you in jd2010??

xqr8PZp.jpg

c87c07f530b2a316d96296d22e535b8e.jpg

sliding_pitch_2.0.jpg

giphy.gif

6nH5DLe.jpg

Love the last photo to show how much higher it is in comparison.

I see. Is it this season you're playing elsewhere? And remind me where that is again, wembley?
This season UCL at Wembley as one corner is being demolished and I think we won't meet UEFA requirements then next season all games in all competitions at Wembley with an option for another season if it goes over the scheduled open date.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doctor Gero can you give me the full run down on whats happening with the Spurs stadium situation?

To my knowledge and im probably totally wrong. You will play at WHL this season but with one corner of the ground being worked on so it will be a smaller limited capacity except for CL which are played at Wembley?

Is that right? I thought you were completely demolishing WHL and building a new big stadium... i should really google this shit.

Doctor Gero can you give me the full run down on whats happening with the Spurs stadium situation?

To my knowledge and im probably totally wrong. You will play at WHL this season but with one corner of the ground being worked on so it will be a smaller limited capacity except for CL which are played at Wembley?

Is that right? I thought you were completely demolishing WHL and building a new big stadium... i should really google this shit.
Will be demolished at the end of this season and in the meantime the corner that is bottom right as the broadcast goes will be gone to allow foundation work to be done, meaning that our run at the ground fittingly ends with rivals Arsenal followed by the most successful PL club Manchester United.

Not official, merely a mock up but this gives an idea of what will happen between now and next season starting.

In the lead up to 2017-18 season, WHL will be destroyed and the last quarter of the foundations and stands will be built. Including the retractable astroturf for the NFL. 2018-19 barring no delays we shall move into a 61,000 all seater which will have the largest "kop" stand in England as well.

So..

2016/17 - CL at Wembley
2017/18 - All home games at Wembley in all comps.
2018/19 - Move into New WHL which will likely operate under a stadium naming rights sponsor as well as increased revenue from ticket sales, corporate money and a 10yr 20 game NFL deal.

True, as well as allowing us to celebrate winning the league at WHL on two occasions. Definitely owe you one.
Nah the NLD at the shithole is too early next season. I guess we'll have to settle for league title at home over our nearest and dearest :)

Been to both stadiums, can say objectively that the Emirates is on the same level as Allianz. Labelling it a shithole is embarrassing on your behalf.
So one of two ways you're comparable to a European giant. wear red and have a nice stadium :rainbow:

Yeah, and have a long-term financial plan in place to match their on-field feats. One thing we have on them is the ability to finish above our rivals :tearsofjoy:
But not win a European trophy. Let me borrow that laugh :tearsofjoy:

Will be demolished at the end of this season and in the meantime the corner that is bottom right as the broadcast goes will be gone to allow foundation work to be done, meaning that our run at the ground fittingly ends with rivals Arsenal followed by the most successful PL club Manchester United.

Not official, merely a mock up but this gives an idea of what will happen between now and next season starting.

In the lead up to 2017-18 season, WHL will be destroyed and the last quarter of the foundations and stands will be built. Including the retractable astroturf for the NFL. 2018-19 barring no delays we shall move into a 61,000 all seater which will have the largest "kop" stand in England as well.

So..

2016/17 - CL at Wembley
2017/18 - All home games at Wembley in all comps.
2018/19 - Move into New WHL which will likely operate under a stadium naming rights sponsor as well as increased revenue from ticket sales, corporate money and a 10yr 20 game NFL deal.

Impressive. No idea how that retractable astro turf thing will work. I see you're trying to out do our Kop. Lolz.

But not win a European trophy. Let me borrow that laugh :tearsofjoy:
I said 'one thing'

Anyway, I'm mostly inquisitive to see how West Ham set out the new stadium in terms of pitch - seating distance. Atmosphere has the ability to be Emiratesised given the olympic structure. Only so much can be done to tackle the issue at Stadio Olimpico in Rome:

2057155_full-lnd.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Stadium Redevelopments

Remove this Banner Ad

Back