Stadium Redevelopments

Remove this Banner Ad

Is that the highest point? It's not too bad for that end but in front of the Kop (is that the furthest end?), it's near on pointless. Take it from someone that has watched games at ANZ stadium here, the players just become ants at a certain point.

Is that the highest point? It's not too bad for that end but in front of the Kop (is that the furthest end?), it's near on pointless. Take it from someone that has watched games at ANZ stadium here, the players just become ants at a certain point.

Main stand is significantly steeper than the Kop end so those at the very top won't be much worse off than those at the back of the Kop.

Highest point of the upper tier, top of the stairs closest to the Anfield road end (see photo below, marked by the green x). The photo was taken to show the section of roof removed above the Anfield Road end so that spectators in that top corner of the new stand would have unobstructed views of that end of the pitch. Not sure what you mean by the view from the Kop end of the new stand? Spectators will have exactly the same view but in reverse at the other end of the stand as it is the same height the whole way across?

Capture.PNG

It's a huge stand (at 21,000 seats it will be the 2nd biggest single stand in the country after the 25,500 seat Alex Ferguson Stand at Old Trafford) so I don't think anyone's expecting to be able to see the beads of sweat rolling down Sturridge's face from up there! Unfortunately you can't have everyone sitting within 10 metres of the pitch with a stand that size and the reality is that if you want to be closer to the action then like all stadiums, you'll have to pay more for your ticket. However, from the photos I've seen it doesn't look like it'll be too bad from the top. I've been to ANZ Stadium too and from memory it's more of a shallow bowl design similar to the Emirates Stadium, and is not really comparable to a stand like this.

If you're looking at Australian stadiums then your closest point of reference would be the Eastern stand at the Adelaide Oval, but even then looking at the plans for the 2 this stand is going to be far steeper. I guess we'll have to wait a month to see what the fans think when they take their seats for our first home game! I'm very interested to hear the reviews of the atmosphere for our first big home game, a 20% increase in overall capacity is presumably going to have a pretty big impact on the noise levels - particularly so given like a lot of new stadiums they've engineered the shape of the roof on the new stand to reflect and project the sound from that upper tier down onto the pitch.

Last edited:
Highest point of the upper tier, top of the stairs closest to the Anfield road end (see photo below, marked by the green x). The photo was taken to show the section of roof removed above the Anfield Road end so that spectators in that top corner of the new stand would have unobstructed views of that end of the pitch. Not sure what you mean by the view from the Kop end of the new stand? Spectators will have exactly the same view but in reverse at the other end of the stand as it is the same height the whole way across?

View attachment 271979
The section of roof removed might just be the very first steps in upgrading that Anfield Road end. That is phase two, still no idea if we to continue with Phase Two which I hope we do. So in the end, that whole roof section will come down as we re-do the Anfield Road end and push capacity up to 60k ish...

5-july-2016.jpg

Huge stadium in a packed urban area...
parking and transportation links will be a challenge .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol at our new ground compared to Liverpools. Ours will be one of the top stadiums in Europe. Magnificent effort by the club. Didn't get it as a freebie either like some other clubs

Lol at our new ground compared to Liverpools. Ours will be one of the top stadiums in Europe. Magnificent effort by the club. Didn't get it as a freebie either like some other clubs
Will lol if the Spanners lose their first game at the Olympic stadium, which I think is a EL qualifier.

Yeah you guys get that brand new souless stadium while we are forced to play at one of Europes true football cathedrals. Woe is us.

Not for want of trying. In fact the only reason you're building at White Hart Lane is because you got your pants pulled down by West Ham over the Olympic Stadium.

Yeah you guys get that brand new souless stadium while we are forced to play at one of Europes true football cathedrals. Woe is us.

Anfield is a shithole to be fair. Hopefully the new stand improves it.

And you'll be building on the pitch with one arm tied behind your back for the next decade while you try to pay the debt incurred from the building you're doing off it (assuming you can actually fill it week in week out, maybe longer if you can't). Good luck with that!

Personally I'm thrilled with the decision to keep Anfield and retain the culture & tradition the club and its supporters have built over 124 years at the ground, while also significantly expanding & modernizing the parts of the stadium and surrounding areas which need it most, without having to mortgage our short term future and chances of on field success to pay for it.

That Spurs stadium looks good - unless you live in one of those buildings next to it. Might get a bit loud/bright on match nights.

The West Ham one is reminding me of the Emirates a little bit.

Financially this will be great for West Ham, but as a spectator I've never been a fan of the generic shallow bowl design, particularly those with running tracks - similar to having a football pitch set up in the middle of a cricket/footy oval as we often see here in Australia. There's too much distance between the fans and the action even in the 'pitch side' seats. Does anyone know if the club plans to excavate down so you have seats all the way to the pitch as City have done at the Etihad? Or would that make the stadium too big?

Financially this will be great for West Ham, but as a spectator I've never been a fan of the generic shallow bowl design, particularly those with running tracks - similar to having a football pitch set up in the middle of a cricket/footy oval as we often see here in Australia. There's too much distance between the fans and the action even in the 'pitch side' seats. Does anyone know if the club plans to excavate down so you have seats all the way to the pitch as City have done at the Etihad? Or would that make the stadium too big?
Totally agree. I don't think it makes for as good a viewing spectacle as what the Boleyn ground would have been for instance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Stadium Redevelopments

Remove this Banner Ad

Back