Rumour Stars on the leash - Knights / Pav to Collingwood? Non monsiuer

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Stars on the loose - Knights / Pav to Collingwood?

In the context of that thread only.

I think Knights has the potential to be one of the premier HFFs in the competition, for sure, but they both play the role in very different ways.

I don't think I said he was as good as now, and if I did, I'll edit it, because I don't think that, but, I think he can be in the top 2-3 HFFs in the Comp, yes.

What would you think if we offered Medhurst?

Who have you guys got that isn't injury prone that you'd be willing to put on the table? Have you got any decent young mids on the way through that might struggle to get a lookin?

Nice to see some common sense though, the Richmond Board, a few of them think their third round draft pick is about right.

If your after mids, I think your looking for Ryan Cook. Averages 30+ in the VFL and has excellent endurance.

He also has an excellent moustache.

If your after mids, I think your looking for Ryan Cook. Averages 30+ in the VFL and has excellent endurance.

He also has an excellent moustache.

With Bock gone, and Knights possibly heading to Melbourne - they could almost afford Corrie if they do a bit of back-ending of contracts.

With Bock gone, and Knights possibly heading to Melbourne - they could almost afford Corrie if they do a bit of back-ending of contracts.

I think they may still struggle for cash, might have to do some Melbourne Storm action to afford Corrie.

We've got money, is Corrie actually any good?

Let me put it this way Shakin' Stevens, ever heard of Corrie's Paddock?

Essentially you clear out the forward 50 - that's the stalking ground of Corrie. If Corrie can make out your jumper number, you're too close and need to clear out of Corrie's Paddock - leave it to the professional.

We've got money, is Corrie actually any good?
He's a star, a champion in the making, who would have played every game but for one thing I won't mention to you.

Now run and tell your club that.:p

If it's mids that Adelaide are after would anyone take the hit of a Blair, J Thomas or a McCarthy to lure over a player that fits a need better?

I don't really have an opinion either way but it's an interesting thought.

If it's mids that Adelaide are after would anyone take the hit of a Blair, J Thomas or a McCarthy to lure over a player that fits a need better?

I would not Trade J Thomas as he had been here for 1 Season and looks very Promising

I would think Balir would have the most currency of those guys, but would probably be the most likely one I'd look to trade. He has been terrific this year but I think the others have more scope for improvement and AFL qualities.

JMac is loved by the coaches and looks to be a player in a very similar mould to Knights, albeit still young and not as polished.

Josh Thomas is a keeper. He'll play plenty of senior footy for us.

I'm glad some of you blokes aren't looking after our list.
Trade Jarryd Blair? Trade Josh Thomas?
Absolutely nuts. Both will be stars for this club. You don't give away class & both those guys have it in spades.
Luckily Mick & Derek Hine are running our show.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Quicky mentioned "trade" and "Josh Thomas" in the same sentence, Leigh Brown just got wind of this, and he is about to let loose.:)

McCarthy, Barham, Fraser, Medhurst, Goldsack, Wood, Rusling, those are about all of the names that may come up during trade week.

We aren't going to trade away a promising 1st year player, it's way too risky.

Quicky mentioned "trade" and "Josh Thomas" in the same sentence, Leigh Brown just got wind of this, and he is about to let loose.:)

McCarthy, Barham, Fraser, Medhurst, Goldsack, Wood, Rusling, those are about all of the names that may come up during trade week.

I would keep 1 of Fraser and Wood as we need Depth at the Ruck Postion and I doubt Rusling or Barham would have much Trade Value

Absolutely nuts. Both will be stars for this club. You don't give away class & both those guys have it in spades.

I was throwing up a hypothetical. If I meant to say we should trade any of those guys thats what I would have said. I was just putting forward some realistic trade possibilities for a player that would add a lot of immediate value to the list.

You aren't giving it away; you're using it to trade for somebody of quality and value to your team.

Interestingly, I've found your board to be one of the most reasonable and informed boards on BigFooty (not being a dick, but I didn't expect that); you know you aren't going to get a good player by trading your 3rd and 4th round picks with a crap player.

I'd like Knights but ultimately I don't think we have anything Adelaide would find acceptable that we'd be comfortable giving away. Our first round pick doesn't seem to be enough and they won't be interested in our cast offs, so very doubtful anything would get done if Knights really wants out.

The GC really makes trading tough this year, if it was any other year I reckon pick 16 would be enough.

Absolutely. The chances of all three working their way into our best 22 is pretty slim imo.

Absolutely. The chances of all three working their way into our best 22 is pretty slim imo.

Jarryd Blair & Josh Thomas are inside mids. Hard at the footy & tough in the contest.
They don't grow on trees. We don't need Knights & could not fit Pav in our cap anyway. I'm not saying Knights is no good because he is a fine player. But I'll back our young blokes any day. Hine knows what he is doing. JMac is not as good as the other 2 in my opinion.

Jarryd Blair & Josh Thomas are inside mids. Hard at the footy & tough in the contest.
They don't grow on trees. We don't need Knights & could not fit Pav in our cap anyway. I'm not saying Knights is no good because he is a fine player. But I'll back our young blokes any day. Hine knows what he is doing. JMac is not as good as the other 2 in my opinion.

They don't but you could argue that with Swan, Pendles, Ball, Wellingham and Beams we have plenty of quality there already and with McCarthy, Blair, Thomas and others coming through we have an abundance of depth too. Losing one of those guys would probably not hurt us too badly. If we could secure someone like Knights he'd improve our team immediately and give us a real quality, goalkicking, midifeld rotating, half forward flank. I disagree that we don't need this type of player. It would free up one of our midfielders that are currently playing forward to play midfield more often. It may require a pick in addition to one of those guys but I think it would be worth considering.

They don't grow on trees.
Actually I'd say guys who are tough and tenacious at contests are fairly common. It's a matter of finding ones who have more to offer than just the toughness. Blair has shown he can be handy at AFL level, but I personally don't see him being anything more than useful. Thomas is an unknown at AFL level. Right now, the club is going all out for a flag. Take either of Blair or Thomas off our list and we'll lose very little in a flag tilt. Throw in Knights and we'll get a pretty significant boost, because the guy is a seriously good footballer.

We've got significant depth in the inside midfielder department, I think we can afford to let one go.

We don't need Knights & could not fit Pav in our cap anyway. I'm not saying Knights is no good because he is a fine player. But I'll back our young blokes any day. Hine knows what he is doing. JMac is not as good as the other 2 in my opinion.
I actually think we lack a guy who can thump the ball 60 odd metres with penetration and accuracy in our attacking half. Knights can do this.

Actually I'd say guys who are tough and tenacious at contests are fairly common. It's a matter of finding ones who have more to offer than just the toughness. Blair has shown he can be handy at AFL level, but I personally don't see him being anything more than useful. Thomas is an unknown at AFL level. Right now, the club is going all out for a flag. Take either of Blair or Thomas off our list and we'll lose very little in a flag tilt. Throw in Knights and we'll get a pretty significant boost, because the guy is a seriously good footballer.

We've got significant depth in the inside midfielder department, I think we can afford to let one go.

I actually think we lack a guy who can thump the ball 60 odd metres with penetration and accuracy in our attacking half. Knights can do this.
Blair has been more than USEFUL at AFL level mate, in fact id say he is someone to get quite excited about, hes not a veteran hes played about 10 games! and will only get better, double his impact after 50 games and we have a guy as every bit as good as Sammy Mitchell who he plays very similar to.

He will prove this i can guarantee it, because really good players like blair still contribute in their average games and blair fits this bill.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Stars on the leash - Knights / Pav to Collingwood? Non monsiuer

Remove this Banner Ad

Back