State of Origin State of Origin Series XIX - boncer34 Medallist... MWPP!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 3 - Votes New
VgusZxJ.png

Victoria Country 14.10.94 def by South Australia 15.8.98 - LINK

After two games on the road to kick off the series, it was finally time for the Counts to open their account on their own patch as they hosted SA at the Halls Gap Recreational Reserve in the very first fixture at ~checks notes~ Halls Gap. But it was the croweaters who would bounce back from their own disappointing loss to register their first win of the series and consign the Counts to a zip & three record with one to play.

Player​
Match​
Series​
3​
croweater 41 (VC)
2​
Ocha905 (VC)
1​

N6sQ7pt.png

Allies 15.13.103 def Western Australia 12.14.86 - LINK

The last time these two met in Series XVIII it was the Allies who prevailed over in Perth, and this time around it was an up and about WA seeking revenge away from home as they travelled for a top of the table clash at the SCG. But it was the reigning champs that would pull away on the back of a 6 goal third quarter to open up a handy buffer and cruise home to a comfortable 17 point victory and bragging rights.

MWPP the standout on the day once again as she made it three from three BOGs for WA despite the loss, and pulled away from the pack in the race for the boncer34 Medal.

Player​
Match​
Series​
MWPP (WA)
3​
GWS Goose (ALL)
2​
1​

Round 4 - Votes New
X05c2eO.png

Victoria Metro 10.5.65 def by South Australia 18.9.117 - LINK

After a last gasp win against the Counts in Rd 3, the croweaters returned to civilization and the MCG were they would tackle the plastic Vics with both sides desperate to keep their chances alive and remain in the hunt. But it was SA who would make the most of their opportunities, and with a ten goal to two second half securing them a 52 point victory which at times was like shooting fish in a barrel, which is not how South Australians typically utilise barrels, but I digress.

Player​
Match​
Series​
Brenton Davy (SA)
3​
myblueroan (VM)
2​
Bradesmaen (SA)
1​

DGUvf87.png

Victoria Country 22.11.143 def Allies 12.6.78 - LINK

And just as it looked like the Counts were down for the... well... count, they put on a performance for the ages to upstage the series leaders in display I'm sure John Terrill himself would have relished as they dazzled Fish Creek with a remarkable display of State of Origin Qooty to give their fans something to remember in what was ultimately a dismal series for the Counts. A seven goal to two first quarter set the tone, and from there we saw the Counts run riot over a hapless Allies outfit to secure a famous victory on their home patch by a whopping 65 points.

Player​
Match​
Series​
Ocha905 (VC)
3​
2​
croweater 41 (VC)
1​

Last edited:
Round 5 - Votes New
URy3dKn.png

South Australia 14.13.97 def by Allies 23.12.150 - LINK

And so it came down to the final round with both SA and Allies having everything to play for, still vying for their place in the decider. But it was the visitors who would draw first blood. Well, they ended up drawing enough blood for a full transfusion by game's end as the Allies banged on an incredible 23 goals to pump the croweaters at Adelaide Oval to the tune of 53 points and storm into the granny with a chance to go back to back and become #firsttofive in State of Origin Qooty.

Surely this must be some kind of record??

Player​
Match​
Series​
GWS Goose (ALL)
3​
Mrs Turbo (ALL)
2​
jackster83 (SA)
1​

56etJNL.png

Western Australia 27.18.180 def Victoria Metro 10.10.70 - LINK

Well at least it was, until the very next match that round as the impressive WA side feasted on an ordinary Vic Metro side and absolutely tore them to shreds, breaking a raft of records along the way. Including WA's highest score (180 points) and greatest ever winning margin (110 points) across no less than 19 seasons of Sweet FA Qooty as they thundered their way into the decider against the reigning champion Allies side, dismantling a hapless Vic Metro side consigned to a bottom of the table finish after a dismal Series XIX.

Player​
Match​
Series​
Tonga Bob (WA)
3​
CakeEater (WA)
2​
1​

'comfortable fashion' (coincidently also the name of the newest bespoke clothing boutique on the main drag in Kyabram)
One of THE greatest lines on this forum.

champagne comedy.gif

VgusZxJ.png

Victoria Country 14.10.94 def by South Australia 15.8.98 - LINK

After two games on the road to kick off the series, it was finally time for the Counts to open their account on their own patch as they hosted SA at the Halls Gap Recreational Reserve in the very first fixture at ~checks notes~ Halls Gap. But it was the croweaters who would bounce back from their own disappointing loss to register their first win of the series and consign the Counts to a zip & three record with one to play.

Player​
Match​
Series​
3​
croweater 41 (VC)
2​
Ocha905 (VC)
1​

N6sQ7pt.png

Allies 15.13.103 def Western Australia 12.14.86 - LINK

The last time these two met in Series XVIII it was the Allies who prevailed over in Perth, and this time around it was an up and about WA seeking revenge away from home as they travelled for a top of the table clash at the SCG. But it was the reigning champs that would pull away on the back of a 6 goal third quarter to open up a handy buffer and cruise home to a comfortable 17 point victory and bragging rights.

MWPP the standout on the day once again as she made it three from three BOGs for WA despite the loss, and pulled away from the pack in the race for the boncer34 Medal.

Player​
Match​
Series​
MWPP (WA)
3​
GWS Goose (ALL)
2​
1​

I hope Gil is MC'ing the event.

"And the boncer34 Medalist of State of Origin XIX is M................................................................................

W...............................................................................

P...............................................................................

................................................................................ But first a word from our sponsors Ralph Lauren"

I hope Gil is MC'ing the event.

"And the boncer34 Medalist of State of Origin XIX is M................................................................................

W...............................................................................

P...............................................................................

................................................................................ But first a word from our sponsors Ralph Lauren"
🤣

It's more of a Kennedy Parkeresque overnight approach I'm going for.

Grand Final - Votes New
ju5yrB0.png

Western Australia 10.6.66 def by Allies 13.7.85 - LINK

And so after a July of seesawing State of Origin Qooty, the two most dominant sides of the State of Origin competition separated themselves from the pack once again. With a superior percentage, the Series XVII champions WA would host the reigning champions the Allies at Perth Stadium with both sides coming in off winning form after huge wins in Round 5 as they sought to become the #firsttofive.

With both teams neck and neck tied on 3.0 apiece at quarter time, it was the Allies who pulled away in the second term and held that buffer from there and were never headed on a rainy day out West, as the Allies claimed back to back series wins and bragging rights as the first state amalgamation of states and territories to claim five series victories.

But all of that was superfluous to the boncer34 Medal outcome of course, as MWPP well and truly put it to bed almost a fortnight prior in Rd 3. :D

Player​
Match​
Series​
GWS Goose (ALL)
3​
MWPP (WA)
2​
Mrs Turbo (ALL)
1​

And so it is my great pleasure as State of Origin Czar and her proud WA co-captain that I congratulate her on a magnificently dominant series and an extremely deserving boncer34 Medal win!!

SurSJjI.png

Congratulations...

MWPP

Western Australia

Series XIX boncer34 Medallist!!

1721837250603.png

Final Leaderboard
Player​
Votes​
MWPP (WA)
11​
GWS Goose (ALL)
8​
Ocha905 (VC)
4​
Brenton Davy (SA)
3​
cats_09 (VC)
3​
JT_the_Man (VM)
3​
3​
Tonga Bob (WA)
3​

Last edited:
Thank you to TheInjuryFactory and the WA selection committee for having far more faith in me than I did in myself and playing me in the engine room in the first place . After two seasons in FP this was a brave /inspired coaching and selection move that played a key role in our success. The GF result still hurts a few days on but this is a Sweet silver lining.

Thank you to TheInjuryFactory and the WA selection committee for having far more faith in me than I did in myself and playing me in the engine room in the first place . After two seasons in FP this was a brave /inspired coaching and selection move that played a key role in our success. The GF result still hurts a few days on but this is a Sweet silver lining.
Morgan Freeman Applause GIF by The Academy Awards

Well deserved!

Top notch effort TheInjuryFactory :thumbsu:

Last edited:
ju5yrB0.png

Western Australia 10.6.66 def by Allies 13.7.85 - LINK

And so after a July of seesawing State of Origin Qooty, the two most dominant sides of the State of Origin competition separated themselves from the pack once again. With a superior percentage, the Series XVII champions WA would host the reigning champions the Allies at Perth Stadium with both sides coming in off winning form after huge wins in Round 5 as they sought to become the #firsttofive.

With both teams neck and neck tied on 3.0 apiece at quarter time, it was the Allies who pulled away in the second term and held that buffer from there and were never headed on a rainy day out West, as the Allies claimed back to back series wins and bragging rights as the first state amalgamation of states and territories to claim five series victories.

But all of that was superfluous to the boncer34 Medal outcome of course, as MWPP well and truly put it to bed almost a fortnight prior in Rd 3. :D

Player​
Match​
Series​
GWS Goose (ALL)
3​
MWPP (WA)
2​
Mrs Turbo (ALL)
1​

And so it is my great pleasure as State of Origin Czar and her proud WA co-captain that I congratulate her on a magnificently dominant series and an extremely deserving boncer34 Medal win!!

SurSJjI.png

Congratulations...

MWPP

Western Australia

Series XIX boncer34 Medallist!!

View attachment 2057926

Final Leaderboard
Player​
Votes​
MWPP (WA)
11​
GWS Goose (ALL)
8​
Ocha905 (VC)
4​
Brenton Davy (SA)
3​
cats_09 (VC)
3​
JT_the_Man (VM)
3​
3​
Tonga Bob (WA)
3​
Is there a medal for best on ground in the state of origin GF
There should be

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

State of Origin State of Origin Series XIX - boncer34 Medallist... MWPP!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back