State of Origin State of Origin Series XIX - boncer34 Medallist... MWPP!!

Remove this Banner Ad

V0C3u0m.png

State of Origin - Series XIX
June 26th - July 21st

OvBXvtz.png

Mate vs Mate.

But mostly, just some w***ers on the internet.

Come and be one of them. šŸ¤—

Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to the series launch for the upcoming Series XIX of the Sweet FA State of Origin competition.

The Sweet FA's own State of Origin concept series has a proud & rich history stretching back all the way to Season 7 in 2007, when the all conquering combined Victorian side led by none other than current Vic Country skipper Pie 4 Life saluted in Series I over the Allies by a mere 5 points in what proved to be an instant classic.

Fast forward to today, and after the successful relaunch of the State of Origin concept after an extended hiatus with the Series XIV carnival in 2019 thanks largely to Kennedy Parker and a handful of dedicated & passionate Origin people, the concept has not just survived but thrived as the series now enjoys a strong and passionate following as we find ourselves here on the eve of Series XIX.

Round 1 kicks off this very Wednesday with the Series XVIII Grand Final rematch between the reigning champion Allies & runners up Vic Metro set to open proceedings with a bang. The series is set to run over the Sweet FA off season into late July as we spend the next four weeks celebrating this fantastic carnival. The State of Origin series is a brilliant opportunity to link up with players from your own home state, players you love to hate from opposition clubs, and you even get to go toe to toe against your own club mates in the real stuff.

Our leaders have been selected for the honour of leading their states (and whatever an 'Allies' is), and I am proud to formally announce the following skippers of their respective states tonight.

Please join me in congratulating the captains/vice captains for Series XIX. We will hear a little bit more from them in the build up as I spent some time with each of the captains for some Q&A ahead of the series launch, so keep your eyes peeled for those! šŸ‘

Captains:
Allies - damicky (c) Dingster (vc)
Vic Country - Pie 4 Life (c) FootyGuy13 (c)
Vic Metro - James Colorado (c) okeydoke7 (vc)

South Australia - philreich (c) por_please_ya (vc)
Western Australia - TheInjuryFactory (c) Tarkyn_24 (c)

In addition to the skippers, I'd also like to give a massive thanks right from the start to all of the volunteers making Series XIX possible. Firstly Wosh for your support with the lions share of all the logistics and our magnificent site banners promoting the series. The simmers & match posters - Dingster, Falconista (ladders and stats too!!) & FootyGuy13, and the volunteers on match OPs - big_icky, Gralin & tony thank you all for your support and future efforts for the series!! šŸ™

There's still time to sign up, so please head over to the expressions of interest thread and register yourself now!

vbi7fv0.png

Resources:

Fixtures

Team Threads

Last edited:

Pocket Profile: Pie 4 Life - Vic Country New
6WocsxZ.png

Pie 4 Life - Vic Country

Prior to the first bounce, we sat down with all the skippers as part of our Player Profiles piece for Series XIX to gain a unique insight into their outlook on the series ahead and their take on some of the most contentious State of Origin flashpoints.

First cab off the rank is fittingly the Series I victorious skipper Pie 4 Life, who returns to co-lead the Counts in Series XIX alongside his newly promoted counterpart, FootyGuy13.

Thanks for joining us P4L, let's get stuck in! :thumbsu:

Which player (current or historical) most embodies what it means to be a Count for you?

There are quite a few, but Mobbs is the backbone of the entire competition and a proud Count, while ClarkeM is another leader who has done enormous things for Vic Country over the years.

Who do you most want to belt this series?

Everyone. Especially Vic Metro, South Australia, Western Australia and the Allies.

If you donā€™t win Series XIX, who does?

The Allies seeing as they have more than half the states/territories of the country just to be competitive.

Why does Hate strongly dislike (you might say hate, even) State of Origin so much?

He must work for the AFL.

What is the weird State of Origin hill you are prepared to die on?

Obviously a Country one, as Vic Metro don't have hills, bloody city slickers.

Parma, Parmi or Parmo?

Firstly, what in God's name is a Parmo? Secondly, the only correct answer as a Victorian is Parma. Now this is a hill I'm willing to die on. While eating a Parma.

Chicken or Cheese Twisties?

The Chickenese version (I actually have zero ****s about this debate).

Does your state/territories have any impressive highways or expressways you wish to reference here?

The Princes Highway is pretty handy. We've the got the Hume and Calder among a stack of others, but I think of them fondly as it means we are getting away from the big smog and into the fresh air.

Best brand of flavoured milk?

Love a good Farmer's Union.

Thanks P4L, and best of luck to you and the Counts in Series XIX.

Get around the (co)skipper, Counts.

A Swallow ant555 AnUltimateRessie BallaratBulldog brahj Broken cats_09 cats2rise ClarkeM croweater 41 Elton Johns Wig Frothies Mcveigh GotTheGoodes haydo Headless Jabba73 Knifey Spoony manangatang Mobbs Ocha905 Pamcake1 Pickitt Robertio royboy2 SpecialBruce Supersuns TheGoatBaron Tigerturbulance tigland Wosh

Last edited:
Pocket Profile: damicky - Allies New
92Sj1M5.png

damicky - Allies

Prior to the first bounce, we sat down with all the skippers as part of our Player Profiles piece for Series XIX to gain a unique insight into their outlook on the series ahead and their take on some of the most contentious State of Origin flashpoints.

Next up we have Allies skipper damicky, leading the way for the reigning champs looking to defend their crown and go back to back for the first time in their history in Series XIX.

Thanks for joining us damicky, let's get stuck in! :thumbsu:

Which player (current or historical) most embodies what it means to be an Allies player for you?

In my short SOO Qareer, it would have to be Dingster... he loves the Allies more than his Hammer.

Vic Metro AGAIN.

If you donā€™t win Series XIX, who does?

The OOBs ... I can't beat them in big games :laughv1:

Why does Hate strongly dislike (you might say hate, even) State of Origin so much?

The Delons are not a State.

Keeping The Allies together as long as possible.

Parma, Parmi or Parmo?

Parma I refuse to answer this question because I will incriminate myself.

200.gif

Does your state/territories have any impressive highways or expressways you wish to reference here?

I am not in to road p0rn ... is that even a thing :think:

Nesquik is pretty good.

Cheers cheese, and best of luck to you and the Allies in Series XIX. Except this week. Hope you get pumped good and proper.

Get around the skipper, Allies.

akkaps Ant Bear BRAB Braklet crazywildhorse DemurePrincess Ed_Gein fitzroybowiedog GWS Goose Grand Uncle Horace Grav grumbleguts HARPSichord Hatchy1992 hotchilli I Dont Care Irish BlueBagger MayTheNorthBeWithU moginie Mrs Turbo NinjaSwan PMBangers ShaunDuggan SM Strigoi The Filth Wizard The Majestic thewizardmelon tony T2B_ U2tigers Yakker

Pocket Profile: Tarkyn_24 - WA New
fqwRdMt.png

Tarkyn_24 - Western Australia

WA's co-captain Tarkyn_24 joins us this time around, as he and I look to lead WA back to winner's circle after surrendering our crown in Series XVIII. Having already been the first state to claim four SoO titles, the opportunity beckons for a juggernaut WA side to be #firsttofive in Series XIX.

Thanks for joining us Tarks :) , let's get stuck in! :thumbsu:

Which player (current or historical) most embodies what it means to be a WA player for you?

Biggie and Ljp86 are the two originals (or near enough to) that have represented both their clubs and the state with aplomb the entire way through

South Australia. Specifically sausageroll

If we donā€™t win Series XIX, who does?

No one; Iā€™ll burn the place down

Heā€™s unenthusiastic about stats

Bluff Knoll

Parma, Parmi or Parmo?

Parmi or Parma both acceptable, never Parmo what the ****

Chicken

Highway to Hell (Canning Highway)

Brownes

Cheers Tarks, looking forward to leading this magnificent state alongside you once again in Series XIX.

Get around the skipper, WAXX. :cool:

Agent93 Barrybran BFew Biggie Blacky BLUEALLTHRU CakeEater Chipmunk CursingFijian DenieD Dinsdale DragoDelph Electronic_Renaissance Falconista Frederico_WA Freofalcon Greenery JoshWoodenSpoon krakouers Ljp86 Matera92 MWPP Nothing omgfridge Purple Jesus serial_thrilla Shueygod Tarkyn_24 Tonga Bob TY24 Van_Dyke

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But seriously, I was addicted to Masters Mocha and I was very happy to resume that addiction on my recent trip. Hands down the best flavoured milk I've had anywhere in Australia.

I had a Brownes Coffee Chill when I was back in WA recently and it's terrible
Spearmint?

You milk. Your man. It's always chocolate.

View attachment 2042636
They're bringing back Dirt Desserts.
But seriously, I was addicted to Masters Mocha and I was very happy to resume that addiction on my recent trip. Hands down the best flavoured milk I've had anywhere in Australia.
Nah I'm loud and proud in the Masters spearmint camp. Whenever I'm back I'm double fisting that stuff in the 1L cartons.

luke blue milk 2.gif

Masters Spearmint Milk is elite, the rest doesnā€™t cut the mustard relative to Brownes. I said what I said.
Enjoy your banishment to the badlandsā€¦. of FNQ

V0C3u0m.png

Series XIX MVP - boncer34 Medal
Tonight!!

OvBXvtz.png

Please join us tonight as we celebrate spectacular feats of individual brilliance culminating in the naming of the MVP for Series XIX with the boncer34 Medal count.

V0C3u0m.png

Series XIX MVP - boncer34 Medal
Tonight!!

OvBXvtz.png

Please join us tonight as we celebrate spectacular feats of individual brilliance culminating in the naming of the MVP for Series XIX with the boncer34 Medal count.
Do I get votes for Tonga Bob kicking 10 on me?

Round 1 - Votes New
VMgymJL.png

Allies 16.12.108 def Victoria Metro 16.11.107 - LINK

Kicking off Round 1 at the Gabba was the Series XVIII Grand Final rematch between the reigning champ Allies and the runner ups Vic Metro and we were treated to another instant classic with the Allies prevailing in a nail-biter by a solitary point.

I blame NaturalDisaster personally.

Player​
Match​
Series​
JT_the_Man (VM)
3​
okeydoke7 (VM)
2​
BRAB (ALL)
1​

IZnjhTy.png

Western Australia 18.4.112 def Victoria Country 12.11.83 -LINK

While over in the West, the sandgropers hosted the Counts who were seeking their first win against WA since way back in Series XIV as they looked to arrest a 4 game losing streak. But a rampant WA had other plans, as a 12 goal second half saw them come from behind to win by 29 points in 'comfortable fashion' (coincidently also the name of the newest bespoke clothing boutique on the main drag in Kyabram)

Player​
Match​
Series​
MWPP (WA)
3​
Freofalcon (WA)
2​
BLUEALLTHRU (WA)
1​

Round 2 - Votes New
J4riIbh.png

South Australia 15.11.101 def by Western Australia 19.5.119 - LINK

Into Round 2, and it was South Australia's first taste of action in Series XIX after copping the bye first up and they looked to make a return to the decider for the first time since their Series XVI victory over... you guessed it, WA. But it was the West Aussies who would take advantage of a wasteful SA to make it two wins from two starts as they travelled to Fruchoc country and came back with, well, the chocolates.

WA by 18 in a canter.

Player​
Match​
Series​
MWPP (WA)
3​
philreich (SA)
2​
BLUEALLTHRU (WA)
1​
2​

l7WzWHb.png

Victoria Metro 19.8.122 def Victoria Country 16.9.105 - LINK

While over in Melbourne, it was mate against mate as Vic Metro hosted their country brethren the Counts at the home of that other game, the MCG. In what proved to be a arm wrestle all day, it was the city slickers who would bounce back from the disappointment of their Grand Final rematch to win by 17 points and ignite their series while the Counts were left looking down the barrel (wait that's SA, damn a wasted quip) of an early exit.

Player​
Match​
Series​
cats_09 (VC)
3​
Muddiemoose (VM)
2​
Elmer_Judd (VM)
1​

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

State of Origin State of Origin Series XIX - boncer34 Medallist... MWPP!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back