List Mgmt. State of the list

Remove this Banner Ad

And that was when and how have they gone since?

So there is no other team in the comp that currently has had the level of players under 25 that they’ve lost but you then attribute this to the drafting team, 8 players, 8. How do you not get that?
So we should have thrown our hands in the air and tanked when that happened ?

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

No, we should acknowledge why are in the position we are and not have some obsession over our drafting because we didn’t draft Burton
Make up your mind you are saying the draft picks we lost made it inpossible to build a list and draft well

We could have tanked a few years to get some serious picks

Which one is it

Make up your mind you are saying the draft picks we lost made it inpossible to build a list and draft well

We could have tanked a few years to get some serious picks

Which one is it

What are you on about? I have nothing to make my mind up about.

We are short 8 players, that’s a fact and the reality, that’s nothing to do with our drafting

What we should have done about it again has nothing to do with our drafting, that’s a club decision.

I’ve already said the years when we weren’t making the finals we should have finished as low as we could like West Coast.

For me I am most annoyed at Cameron leaving.

Brisbane snuck in and upped his pay.

Yes we got Fog out of it. But Cameron is the hard edge we lack.

I have no issue with Gov going. He is a pure cameo player.

Lever wanted more cash. Danger wanted the Melbourne media/football.politics life. We cant compete with either of these.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

We could've countered Cameron's offer with more money.

I can't help but think both Gov and Lever were salvagable if we didn't hardball them.

I think all were in the relm of keepable.

We probable would've had enough cash for all 3 if we didn't blow it on Gibbs. Or at the very least let one of Lynch or Jenkins go.

Brodie Smith is one I would look at moving on.

Never reached the heights of 2014 despite seeming to convince everyone he has.

May get a late 1st for him.

Before we do that can we try him in another position? Just play him on the wing and keep him there.

Before we do that can we try him in another position? Just play him on the wing and keep him there.
I reckon this would be the last chance to get some decent currency for him.

He’s comfortable, getting his 18-20 every game and not really impacting

Change prob be good for him too, get out of the comfort zone

I reckon this would be the last chance to get some decent currency for him.

He’s comfortable, getting his 18-20 every game and not really impacting

Change prob be good for him too, get out of the comfort zone
But we are in round 4, if we play him as a wingman and he guns it we won’t need to trade him.

I'd consider moving on one of Laird or Smith depending on their form later in the season. I'd be leaning towards Laird actually. He's struggled in a more contested role and has worse disposal than Smith.

We have plenty of half backs in the SANFL ready to step up. Hopefully Sholl or Hamill can slot in there

I'd consider moving on one of Laird or Smith depending on their form later in the season. I'd be leaning towards Laird actually. He's struggled in a more contested role and has worse disposal than Smith.

We have plenty of half backs in the SANFL ready to step up. Hopefully Sholl or Hamill can slot in there
It must be exciting as a youngster to see opportunities on the horizon.

I just hope they are.

Yeah either or - both have value, Laird probably more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate we have the best drafting man in the business

You know nothing

Please explain why you think he is one of best in business and give us reason.
Why do you think
Galucci --- Poholke
Fogerty -- McPherson.
Mighty midjets = Jones -- McHenry and giving up pick 19
Please give us why you think they have shown they are going to be top players that supports you thoughts that we have top recruiter.

Please explain why you think he is one of best in business and give us reason.
Why do you think
Galucci --- Poholke
Fogerty -- McPherson.
Mighty midjets = Jones -- McHenry and giving up pick 19
Please give us why you think they have shown they are going to be top players that supports you thoughts that we have top recruiter.
Elite Crow will tell you why i love hamish

I love your thoughts though

Last edited:
Did anyone here Neil Kerley on the radio on Saturday? He called the whole club soft from president down.

I agree and think we need a complete clean out of all dead wood. We are now f****d, most of our players have lost a lot of value and will continue to until the end of the year.

We need to work our who to keep and who to get rid of. I’d trade almost all including Sloane and Talia. It sounds crazy but if they want a crack at a flag, it’s not here unfortunately.

We should only keep any player under 25 that shows and uses his talent. If not we need to get rid of them and get as many 1st and 2nd rounders as possible and do a complete rebuild.
I’ve had enough of this piss weak performance every week and no firm words about how to fix it. It’s better to fall down the ladder and develop the next generation of players then play the same shit players and go know here

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Halfway through said Granny I thought we were going to win the game.
I was waiting for them to “click”
- thought “soon .... they’ll get it together soon ....”

Didn’t happen

Think we played our Granny against Cats

Did anyone here Neil Kerley on the radio on Saturday? He called the whole club soft from president down.

I agree and think we need a complete clean out of all dead wood. We are now f****d, most of our players have lost a lot of value and will continue to until the end of the year.

We need to work our who to keep and who to get rid of. I’d trade almost all including Sloane and Talia. It sounds crazy but if they want a crack at a flag, it’s not here unfortunately.

We should only keep any player under 25 that shows and uses his talent. If not we need to get rid of them and get as many 1st and 2nd rounders as possible and do a complete rebuild.
I’ve had enough of this piss weak performance every week and no firm words about how to fix it. It’s better to fall down the ladder and develop the next generation of players then play the same shit players and go know here

If you lose talent like that you need to replace it, quality Midfielders are the key, can we build the team around the crouchs a gun KPF is a key is Fog that, really need a quality ruckmen to replace sauce, no questioning how good he performed in 2017 but he has hit his expiry date with eddie

If you lose talent like that you need to replace it, quality Midfielders are the key, can we build the team around the crouchs a gun KPF is a key is Fog that, really need a quality ruckmen to replace sauce, no questioning how good he performed in 2017 but he has hit his expiry date with eddie

U r right but we need to rebuild as we have a lot of poor players. Talia would be worth something an will Sloane, also they may want to win a flag before they end their careers.
We have a good 8 to 10 spots to replace in the first team. We either work to a flag or stay in limbo. I’d rather fall down the ladder and get quality in the a Kelly or Mackay doing nothing all day.

My mate Marty reckons we’ve got a great list and there are no issues with it.

In reality, our list is short of 2 first rounders, 2 seconds and Tippett compensation which should have been a first.

That’s 5 players quality picks that would be 24-25 and in their prime.

Throw in losing Lever, Cameron and Gov in recent years. All of these players would be in our best 22.

Yes we have been compensated with decent picks but they take time.

This is going to hinder us for years to come.

As Tex and co move on we haven’t got ready to go replacements because they haven’t played or are still young, again I refer back to our lost picks and players, these guys should be filling these spots, not a 19 year old Fog, he should be played as part of his development sure but he’s not going to reproduce Tex’s best form for a few years yet.

The kids we have mostly can’t get a look in especially up forward as Lynch, Tex, Jenkins and Betts occupy 4 spots and despite declining aren’t going anywhere in a hurry. That’s 4 spots tied up.

We also prefer to recreate roles for senior players like Douglas and to get Mackay to 250 games.

Ogilvie has done a great job with what he’s had to work with, turning late picks into players and players that have left we’ve improved their value at the trade.

But Trigg, Reid and our off -field management by not retaining players have ****** our club. We needed to have taken our chance in 2017, but the players and coaches ****** it in the GF.

Anyway, not sure what the point of this thread is but I needed a rant.
Besides the crouches,sloany,milera,brown and maybe a couple of others the list is either over the hill soft lazy braindead or got no talent. not real good.

U r right but we need to rebuild as we have a lot of poor players. Talia would be worth something an will Sloane, also they may want to win a flag before they end their careers.
We have a good 8 to 10 spots to replace in the first team. We either work to a flag or stay in limbo. I’d rather fall down the ladder and get quality in the a Kelly or Mackay doing nothing all day.

Yes talia would be a great trade option, the sooner the better while he is still worth something. He was one of the roos best on the weekend, stood up at crucial times.

Laird may well be open to a move too. Pretty sure his GF, lives in Melbourne. Not sure what his contract status is.

Think we need to tinker with the makeup of our best-22 quite badly. The game has changed. 6-6-6 has changed things. The kick in rule has changed the way zones and presses work and how the ball is rebounded. The game has become less of rolling-maul of contests around the ground thanks to these new rules. We are still playing like its 2018, but worse than we were in 2018. The game is more about dare and creative ball movement now. It doesn't matter so much if you are a bit down in clearances if you use the ones you win better. Dumb players and those that think to slow to rebound/switch the ball are getting exposed. Those that do not try hard enough to get the uncontested/overlap run are being exposed.

The way I see it, with the players we have got, when back from injuries in a few weeks, our best-22 should look like this:

Betts Jenkins Stengle
Gooch Tex Sloane

Milera Jacobs Seedsman
Crouch Crouch Gibbs

Smith Keath Kelly
Brown Talia Laird

Bench: Lynch, Milera, Atkins, Greenwood

Nextup (based on injuries/form): Jones, OBrien

Our list was never about the best individual talent - we were good in 2016/2017 because the mix we had complimented each other very well. That's what we need to find again. We have no reason to finish low on the ladder this year. Even if we blood a number of kids - they need to play in a winning team or you end up like Melbourne & Carlton where they know how to be competitive, but not how to win.

We need to try some of these guys performing in the SANFL as well. We kind of know what we are going to get with players like Hartigan, Otten, CEY, Douglas. Some players like Poholke are still devoloping in the SANFL, but it would not hurt to trial Scholl, McHenry, Himmelberg, Davis, McAdam as they perform at the lower level. We are going to have to make some calls about these players and players like Wilson, Hunter etc come end of year - might as well see if they have what it takes and the next level.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. State of the list

Remove this Banner Ad

Back