State of umpiring

Remove this Banner Ad

Gas Mislead GIF by Christopher Pindling
In other news the little arrow beside the bowser image points to the side the fuel tank is on.

agree.

like most things it is not just one thing.

It is exceedingly hard to keep it straight what the rules are and lets face it some are f***ing ridiculous. Nominating ruckmen? 666 warnings? are they 10 years old out there?

the beauty of it is that it the rules being confusing and the umpires being incompetent are not mutually exclusive. Which is how you get the Leigh fishers of this world.

There is no coincidence that now Andrew and Laura (who both have no clue about AFL) and all of a sudden the game is Getting worse by the week

Now we cant talk about it, instead of both of them nuffies or the AFL being proactive and improving the game

Its actually immature, let's shut down any conversation and ignore the reality of the situation, I mean our umpiring is in its golden age.

My gosh this is going to get way worse hahaha

what's the problem?
It’s not a problem it’s just stupid.

The rule is no third player up.

It doesn’t need nomination.

Just let the adults who know the rules play the game and if they infringe penalise them.

It Is officiousness for the sake of it.

Andrew Dillon grab on 3LO this afternoon... We are in a golden era regarding the umpires. It has never been better.
I think he was talking about showers.

Again, highlights the haves and have nots in the AFL.

Compare the pair.

If it wasn't for some media disbelief at the unpaid Scott 50, no way Laura Kane comes out with an explanation, however unconvincing it was.

NMFC would have got donuts otherwise.

Because the "unfortunate events" affects one of the big 4, Essendon didn't even need to pick up the phone.

Brad Scott got a call and an apology from the Bighouse as quick as Menzie headed for that goal line.

Pathetic how obvious it is.
I said the exact same thing in a water cooler conversation yesterday. Brad gets a call and we get diddly squat. Double standards everywhere.

Corporate "leaders" are all the same. Personal KPIs based on profits will always override the common good.
Self interest.

It tries the hardest.

And taking people for a ride asking them to basically suspend belief.

**** me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back