Stephen Dank takes it to another level

Remove this Banner Ad

Dank is the classic case of saying he did something and he'll come out and say "No I didn't!". Say he didn't do something and he'll say "Yes I did!". Oppositional and defiant for the sake of being oppositional and defiant - and the 'right' party, in his eyes. Essendon doesn't have the records. "Yes they do! I saw them!". Dank has the records. "No I don't! I did nuffin wrong!". Imply that he's a tinpot not-very-good-doping-whitecoat and he'll jolly well come out in the media and prove everyone wrong. "I DID give Bock drugs! I DID!". A reverse psyschologist's wet dream.
Or playing the crazy to invalidate any further cases against him and get himself out of paying costs (mental incapacity)

And what of bock himself stating he injected himself with something, something given by a random (Robinson) and (probably) without club doctor involved?
Yeah. ASADA has said that all the version of events don't match up with any of the witnesses. so how can you give somebody a SCN if there is not enough evidence?

I think 'infant Chihuahua' is underselling it a bit.
Off-topic.....

Some time I the mid-70's a friend of my mum's spent something like $900 on a pedigree MINIATURE Chihuahua. This thing was tiny. She adored it.........

......... and their cat ate it.

She was so upset. How mum kept a straight face I'll never know.....

Off-topic.....

Some time I the mid-70's a friend of my mum's spent something like $900 on a pedigree MINIATURE Chihuahua. This thing was tiny. She adored it.........

A cat of mine killed a (small) fox in our backyard years ago. True story.

So I can believe it.

Yeah. ASADA has said that all the version of events don't match up with any of the witnesses. so how can you give somebody a SCN if there is not enough evidence?
Isn't it auto violation by self injection of something not given by club doctor - onus on player who is dumb/ honest enough to admit to injection then is to show it was legitimate. If bock denied injections I'd agree hard to serve him a SCN.

Isn't it auto violation by self injection of something not given by club doctor - onus on player who is dumb/ honest enough to admit to injection then is to show it was legitimate. If bock denied injections I'd agree hard to serve him a SCN.
No, not an auto violation for self injecting

110.jpg
I'm in a conspiracy mood now.

Working on the principle that Dank is sort of dumb but not totally insane yet - plus his past revelations and their timing - his latest stunt is definitely a warning bullet fired in the air. Gotta be Robinson he's aiming at surely? I'd like it to be Hird for the narrative drama, but I can't make that idea work very well.

Oh and the unfair dismissal thing - that sounds a bit like "Hello AFL - where's my 1.2 million payout?"

Or he has now lost it and is officially insane. I haven't ruled out that totally.
Nah.

I'm going with this one...

Off-topic.....

I can picture the cat, who is the $900 upstart taking all my attention. I'll fix this!

Wonder if he sat down with his lawyer who he has not paid and they have gone through his life to see where they can pull some money from.
He should sit down with Alavi, and a 3D printer, and try to work out the chemical combinations to produce counterfeit. That may be his best shot of getting back in the black.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm in a conspiracy mood now.

Working on the principle that Dank is sort of dumb but not totally insane yet - plus his past revelations and their timing - his latest stunt is definitely a warning bullet fired in the air. Gotta be Robinson he's aiming at surely? I'd like it to be Hird for the narrative drama, but I can't make that idea work very well.

Oh and the unfair dismissal thing - that sounds a bit like "Hello AFL - where's my 1.2 million payout?"

Or he has now lost it and is officially insane. I haven't ruled out that totally.

In my view a warning shot for someone - just not sure whom.

The Weap? - can't see it myself. They were after all partners in crime so to speak. If one goes down so do they both.

Robinson said he was there when Dank gave Bock the banned drug, and Bock said he received it from Dank and injected it.

Granted, the Essendon case was stronger as they knew where the gear came from and confirmed that it was TB4 - but surely the confessions are more than enough for a possible anti-doping violation to have occurred?
Jobe confessed to AOD use too and nothing happened.

Just nowhere near enough evidence/strands in the cable to prosecute.

It's not that hard to see why they went with Dank though.

Dank wrote a paper on lactaway and its use in recovery...James read it, and instantly perceived Dank to be knowledgable.

James then meets up with Dank and although he has no idea if the concoctions he is dreaming up are legit, or what his work history would suggest, his already pre-formed perception is that Dank knows what he's talking about and his way around the code.

Put simply, Dank was selling the dream, and James and the EFC's dream was to "get big quick".

It was a match made in heaven.

80% of what we say is through our body language

Have a look at dank ....he's as dodgy as they come ...sorry a decent intelligent person could see through him

Jobe confessed to AOD use too and nothing happened.

Just nowhere near enough evidence/strands in the cable to prosecute.
On this point you are mistaken. ADADA said they were not prosecuted because pursuing athletes for their possible use of AOD-9604 prior to WADA’s statement would be unsuccessful and unfair because athletes and support personnel could not have known it was a prohibited substance. WADA specifically said it was banned only in April 2013 (under section S0 of the code).

Whether this is a sufficient reason and what the full story is, is another matter entirely.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...table-disappoints-players-20140618-zsdqk.html

Reckon Dank is fishing for some hush money.
Reverse Bingo.

This plays right into the hands of the Essendon drug squad. They love smear stories about other clubs/players. Chip and Robbo are running with it and calling ASADA hypocritical. Hird (through his mouthpiece) said similar.

I'm sure lawyers wouldn't keep representing this guy if they didn't know he had access to the coin. Like an anonymous benefactor the same as Hird does.

Remove this Banner Ad

Stephen Dank takes it to another level

Remove this Banner Ad

Back