Stephen Dank takes it to another level

Remove this Banner Ad

I think you may have linked it to DapperJongs movie thread that got moved to Bay13??? Or I might have imagined that bit. I'm voting for Dan Ackroyd as a cameo playing Kevin Sheedy. I can actually picture him doing the part justice
I think it was WAY earlier than DJ. (Think 2013).

Dank is the classic case of saying he did something and he'll come out and say "No I didn't!". Say he didn't do something and he'll say "Yes I did!". Oppositional and defiant for the sake of being oppositional and defiant - and the 'right' party, in his eyes. Essendon doesn't have the records. "Yes they do! I saw them!". Dank has the records. "No I don't! I did nuffin wrong!". Imply that he's a tinpot not-very-good-doping-whitecoat and he'll jolly well come out in the media and prove everyone wrong. "I DID give Bock drugs! I DID!". A reverse psyschologist's wet dream.

It's why him and Sam Newman have a great kinship.

Oppositional and defiant.

I like it.

I think it was WAY earlier than DJ. (Think 2013).
It was, but I have a vague sort of notion you linked your original post in Dappers thread. Mind you I can't find the Goddard movie thread now so that's probably not useful info

It was, but I have a vague sort of notion you linked your original post in Dappers thread. Mind you I can't find the Goddard movie thread now so that's probably not useful info
Nah, all I do is say "I did this early on in the piece but it got moved to the Bay, can't find it.... blah blah." Do you know how to search back to 2013?

Nah, all I do is say "I did this early on in the piece but it got moved to the Bay, can't find it.... blah blah." Do you know how to search back to 2013?
Yes. You do that thing where you fly around the world really fast a bunch of times, but I've never fully understood the science behind the principle. And I'm too scared to go to the Bay to do a spot of searching because every time I go there someone says piss off flog. In fact, it takes less than 5 seconds on the bay for three different posters to call me a flog. Which is probably why I post this dribble everywhere else. Someone said I was an idiot on the main board today but they didn't call me a flog so it was pretty much a positive experience

Dank is funny

He's providing us with more comedy that Cheech n' Chong ever did

Sorry to be judgemental but just have a look at a photo of this bloke .......is this bloke you'd trust whacking needles into you're arm

There is zero chance of any court in this country ruling in his favour

Gold Coast must be thanking there lucky stars they fired him .......because right now they would be the Essendon had they kept him ...

I saw some pics of him a few years ago and dead set I reckon he was inject inning himself with whatever jungle juice he could to make himself look younger

I work with some dodgy people every day as an drug counsellor (bikie gang members and so on) and dead set I take one look at dank and listen to a few things he says and I wouldn't trust him as far as I could chuck him

I'm astounded how many people he hoodwinked ...unbelievable

Yes. You do that thing where you fly around the world really fast a bunch of times, but I've never fully understood the science behind the principle. And I'm too scared to go to the Bay to do a spot of searching because every time I go there someone says piss off flog. In fact, it takes less than 5 seconds on the bay for three different posters to call me a flog. Which is probably why I post this dribble everywhere else. Someone said I was an idiot on the main board today but they didn't call me a flog so it was pretty much a positive experience
Basically, the faster you move in space the slower you move in time. The reverse is true too. If you sit around on a sofa all your life time then death comes early. That last bit is not really true necessarily. Once one reaches the speed of light, one no longer ages. One ceases to move in time. What never dies dissipates suffers entropy? Light. Ageless and eternal. And Dr Edelsten.

Dank is funny

Sorry to be judgemental but just have a look at a photo of this bloke .......is this bloke you'd trust whacking needles into you're arm

Gold Coast must be thanking there lucky stars they fired him .......because right now they would be the Essendon had they kept him ...

I saw some pics of him a few years ago and dead set I reckon he was inject inning himself with whatever jungle juice he could to make himself look younger

I work with some dodgy people every day as an drug counsellor (bikie gang members and so on) and dead set I take one look at dank and listen to a few things he says and I wouldn't trust him as far as I could chuck him

....give the calibre and competence of sports administration I've encountered over a thirty six year involvement, nothing surprises me. Nuffies, the lot of them.

...as long as Rebecca Gibney plays Tanya Hird, I'm in!

Robert Carlisle for James..... Please....
tumblr_lvx060svip1r1pg53o1_5001.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm in a conspiracy mood now.

Working on the principle that Dank is sort of dumb but not totally insane yet - plus his past revelations and their timing - his latest stunt is definitely a warning bullet fired in the air. Gotta be Robinson he's aiming at surely? I'd like it to be Hird for the narrative drama, but I can't make that idea work very well.

Oh and the unfair dismissal thing - that sounds a bit like "Hello AFL - where's my 1.2 million payout?"

Or he has now lost it and is officially insane. I haven't ruled out that totally.
I've gone passed trying to work the guy out.

Let's just enjoy him while he is still with us.

Interesting article from Caro indeed.

Is Dank a stain looking to remain relevant? For sure.

Does the Bock thing change what Essendon did? Nope.

But I find it amazing that she would choose not to address or gloss over the fact that ASADA didn't want to touch the Bock case despite, on the face of it, there being little different in the case (circumstantial evidence, testimony, etc.) from the Essendon one. Because it seems on face value they only changed their mind yesterday because it would be ridiculous not to, in light of the strands in the cable approach that ultimately told for the Essendon players.

I have absolutely no time for Dank whatsoever, but surely to not address that at all in such an article is akin to neglecting the elephant in the room.

At this point the Elephant in the room is about the size of an infant Chihuahua. Which some people are trying very hard to make us look at through a telescope to make it big.

At this time we have one "strand in the cable". An unofficial statement made by one Stephen Dank to a journalist, and an ongoing refusal to be interviewed in a useful sense. I can't work Dank out. But he certainly thinks he's a rooly clever dude, and clearly enjoys dropping wildly constructed surprise bombs.

Pretty piss weak strand, you'd think. And zilch, zip, nada to support it.

I'm going with he is thinking I am ******

I have a 2+ legal bill I can't pay.

My Bondi clinic (my last business) has just gone into liquidation and is in the process of closing down.

My sporting pay checks have dried up.

Who can I hurt and blame.
Wonder if he sat down with his lawyer who he has not paid and they have gone through his life to see where they can pull some money from.

At this point the Elephant in the room is about the size of an infant Chihuahua. Which some people are trying very hard to make us look at through a telescope to make it big.

At this time we have one "strand in the cable". An unofficial statement made by one Stephen Dank to a journalist, and an ongoing refusal to be interviewed in a useful sense. I can't work Dank out. But he certainly thinks he's a rooly clever dude, and clearly enjoys dropping wildly constructed surprise bombs.

Pretty piss weak strand, you'd think. And zilch, zip, nada to support it.
Well, you also have the Robinson link.

ASADA's own investigators seemingly thought the case against him was very strong too, did they not?

I dunno, I think 'infant Chihuahua' is underselling it a bit.

Dank is funny

It's not that hard to see why they went with Dank though.

Dank wrote a paper on lactaway and its use in recovery...James read it, and instantly perceived Dank to be knowledgable.

James then meets up with Dank and although he has no idea if the concoctions he is dreaming up are legit, or what his work history would suggest, his already pre-formed perception is that Dank knows what he's talking about and his way around the code.

Put simply, Dank was selling the dream, and James and the EFC's dream was to "get big quick".

It was a match made in heaven.

Well, you also have the Robinson link.

ASADA's own investigators seemingly thought the case against him was very strong too, did they not?

I dunno, I think 'infant Chihuahua' is underselling it a bit.
ASADA has released a statement saying that investigators provided no report of such?

Under our legislation, ASADA cannot provide details about the investigation of an individual, which includes the specifics of any evidence in an individual’s case. However, ASADA would like to correct the record on the following statements:

“The Australian can reveal ASADA’s investigators, in the same confidential report that recommended charges against Bock in October 2013…”

The role of the report was to investigate potential anti-doping rule violations. No recommendations were made. The evidence in the report was considered by the CEO. ASADA does not use its funding to pursue cases it does not think it can win.

“The strength of ASADA’s case against Bock is its reliance on direct witness accounts. There is no dispute among the witnesses over what Bock was given and whether he took it.”

This is factually incorrect. There are numerous inconsistencies in the witness evidence gathered by ASADA in relation to the Gold Coast matter, and these inconsistencies were unable to be resolved by corroborating evidence.

https://www.asada.gov.au/news/media-correction-gold-coast-investigation

ASADA has released a statement saying that investigators provided no report of such?

Under our legislation, ASADA cannot provide details about the investigation of an individual, which includes the specifics of any evidence in an individual’s case. However, ASADA would like to correct the record on the following statements:

“The Australian can reveal ASADA’s investigators, in the same confidential report that recommended charges against Bock in October 2013…”

The role of the report was to investigate potential anti-doping rule violations. No recommendations were made. The evidence in the report was considered by the CEO. ASADA does not use its funding to pursue cases it does not think it can win.

“The strength of ASADA’s case against Bock is its reliance on direct witness accounts. There is no dispute among the witnesses over what Bock was given and whether he took it.”

This is factually incorrect. There are numerous inconsistencies in the witness evidence gathered by ASADA in relation to the Gold Coast matter, and these inconsistencies were unable to be resolved by corroborating evidence.

https://www.asada.gov.au/news/media-correction-gold-coast-investigation
Ben is not going to be bullied.

Yeah but you can't just give Bock a SCN just because Robinson said he told Brock to inject it. You would need a lot more evidence then that.

I think ASADA planned this (McDevitt playing with Dank) and as you said, Dank firing warning shots.
And what of bock himself stating he injected himself with something, something given by a random (Robinson) and (probably) without club doctor involved?

Remove this Banner Ad

Stephen Dank takes it to another level

Remove this Banner Ad

Back