List Mgmt. Steven Motlop nominates Port Adelaide, Geelong declines to match, COMPO IS PICK 19

Remove this Banner Ad

No - but the point is - alot of posters bag the club relentlessly - " they are never wrong " type of posters - and the club is allways at fault

Yet 2 weeks ago Essendon dropped Mitch Clark - Collingwood dropped Varcoe - and now Pt Adelaide drop Motlop - yet all these posters all you hear from them - is why did the club clear these blokes - what a mistake - more like what a load of craap

Who?

Not stats-wise, but in terms of influence? At the right times? He looks casual, but that's just his way:thumbsu:

Close to BOG was probably a little strong. Had 20 odd possessions, kicked the first 2 of the game and a big one in the last finishing a passage of play he started in the back pocket. A pretty handy game for the type of player he is.

it appears to me that outside players tend to critiqued harder than other positions. A lot of their stats are dependent upon teammates or gameplans using them. A serious question: How much leeway do they or wings have in going into a contest to find the ball? I always imagine that they are instructed by coaches to stay a outside of a pack to be available for a pass.

Consistency was his biggest issue. He was never consistentantly good that's for sure. One or 2 good games followed by an absolute stinker was the norm.
Never? He finished 2nd in the Carji in 2015 and was an AA nominee in 2013. Let’s not go overboard.

Never? He finished 2nd in the Carji in 2015 and was an AA nominee in 2013. Let’s not go overboard.

I agree in his earlier years and he doesnt get the credit he deserves for that but he was on the downslide by the time he left. Motlop for Kelly was a great trade (providin we get a good return for Kelly if he leaves this year).

End of first round pick that we subsequently packaged up with our 2018 second-rounder and sent off to GC to clinch the Ablett deal.

I was neither a massive Motlop devotee nor detractor during his time at the Cats. But at the time of his departure, I didn't think we would end up regretting the deal as it stood.

And there's been nothing in their respective contributions at their destination clubs since to change that assessment. Much like I seriously wonder whether dropping Steven to the SANFL is actually going to do much to markedly improve his output either.

Given he's into his eleventh season now, I don't imagine he's much for changing at this point in his career.

We got 19 for Motlop and traded that and our 2018 R2 for 24 and Ablett then we drafted Kelly at 24. So Motlop and about pick 33 for Kelly and Ablett.

I agree in his earlier years and he doesnt get the credit he deserves for that but he was on the downslide by the time he left. Motlop for Kelly was a great trade (providin we get a good return for Kelly if he leaves this year).
In 2013 he was simply outstanding and deserving of the Motlop vs Rioli tag. But, IMO, by the time he left, that was more a millstone around his neck than anything else.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why are people talking absolute shit that we could have took Oscar Allen? He made it very clear to recruiters that he preferred to stay in WA, only reason he lasted to that Pick in the first place..

Cause its fun to rewrite history.

look where it started lol.... especially when the making up of said shit makes the club look bad...

Go Catters

It's weird how people's opinions on players differ depending on whether they like the player or not. It's like if a player drops a simple chest mark, yet recovers and snaps a terrific goal. Defenders of the player will praise the goal - detractors would chastise him for dropping the simple mark in the first place.

Same with politics. Take Daniel Andrews. Drops a billion dollars to do nothing and everyone forgives him coz they like labour. Liberals return the country to surplus, get economy back on track but drop them because they like labour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Same with politics. Take Daniel Andrews. Drops a billion dollars to do nothing and everyone forgives him coz they like labour. Liberals return the country to surplus, get economy back on track but drop them because they like labour.
And, like footy, the situation is a bit more complicated than that.

And, like politics, the situation is a little bit more complicated than that.

The price of Gaz wasn't just p19, though p19 was involved.

In return for Gaz, we slid back in the draft from p19 to p24 (which became Tim Kelly), and slid back in the 2018 draft from p35 (Bailey Williams) into GC's fourth-rounder (virtually untraceable).

Consistency was his biggest issue. He was never consistentantly good that's for sure. One or 2 good games followed by an absolute stinker was the norm.
Bit like Kelly? Maybe 3-4 good ones , then nearly invisible

Utter bs.

Way to say a lot by saying very little. :thumbsu:

I’m talking about his last 2 years at the club. He put in some shocking efforts. Just looked completely disinterested at times. He had some good years earlier in his career.

The last two years where his disposals were right on his career averages (and well above in the 2017 finals series) and he also kicked sixty goals as well, those two "poor" years you mean.

Bit like Kelly? Maybe 3-4 good ones , then nearly invisible

Not sure if serious.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Steven Motlop nominates Port Adelaide, Geelong declines to match, COMPO IS PICK 19

Remove this Banner Ad

Back