Play Nice Still no evidence against Melbourne re: tanking

Remove this Banner Ad

******* lol that you of all people would be making this kind of post suggesting the AFl can't proved Melbourne tanked. You being the one who was proud of his team tanking and all.

Gotta love his change of tone over the years. I remember that very poster ripping the Dogs and North every chance he got, trolling the hell out of the supporters and proudly endorsing the tank in a very arrogant tone. To see him now, distressed by this whole saga, is very amusing.

They are hanging their hats on the term "the Vault" and how the meeting was NEVER codenamed that., whatever it was called 57 people say it occured.

You've been pretty confused throughout this thread, but you're confusing 57 witness statements with 57 witnesses. We all know that some (most?) witnesses have been interviewed more than once. We also know that a number (many?) of those witnesses have denied that such meeting(s) ever took place.

Not hanging our hats on anything of the sort ... if you'd bothered to actually inform yourself, The Vault referred to one of our temporary sheds. The name was an in-house joke, derived from our sponsorship deal with Volvo, and a comment on the parlous state of our FD infrastructure down at Junction Oval. There was never any specific meeting to discuss tanking (confirmed numerous times in the media and by those involved). On the other hand, there were regular match and FD meetings with around a dozen in attendance, and held at Junction Oval in ... The Vault.

They are hanging their hats on the term "the Vault" and how the meeting was NEVER codenamed that., whatever it was called 57 people say it occured.

57 statements does not equal 57 people, it's been pointed out for you multiple times in this thread.

Conolly was interviewed on TV yesterday and he didnt look too happy I reckon he and Schwab will get the blame.

The Players Association is backing Bailey which makes for an interesting time for the AFL.

You've been pretty confused throughout this thread, but you're confusing 57 witness statements with 57 witnesses. We all know that some (most?) witnesses have been interviewed more than once. We also know that a number (many?) of those witnesses have denied that such meeting(s) ever took place.

Not hanging our hats on anything of the sort ... if you'd bothered to actually inform yourself, The Vault referred to one of our temporary sheds. The name was an in-house joke, derived from our sponsorship deal with Volvo, and a comment on the parlous state of our FD infrastructure down at Junction Oval. There was never any specific meeting to discuss tanking (confirmed numerous times in the media and by those involved). On the other hand, there were regular match and FD meetings with around a dozen in attendance, and held at Junction Oval in ... The Vault.

Read my post

Wow I want Melbourne to get screwed up just for the sole reason of watching @Demonhearts meltdown, GIVE IT A REST MATE! You have seriously been here this whole thread, we know where you stand just shut the **** up and leave already!

Actually I haven't, but why is it ok for people to repeat the same thing over and over again but I'm not allowed to do the same?

Could it be that you're a hypocrite?

The Age published an article after Caro's original allegations and after the results of the investigation were handed to the MFC for comment, saying that there were 57 witness statements and most of them contradicted Connolly's statement that no such meeting took place. .

Oh no, not this again.

How could there be 57 witnesses when the meeting only had about a dozen people attend?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What do you think was sent to Melbourne?

About 1000 pages of opinion, hearsay and speculation with some already known facts mixed in.

Saying "Everyone knows there is evidence." is not evidence. It's an opinion.
Opinion does not allow the AFL to lay charges.

I hope that helps you.

Of course there is evidence, the only thing in question is the quality of that evidence. As in, is it good enough for any charges laid to stick.

Oh no, not this again.

How could there be 57 witnesses when the meeting only had about a dozen people attend?

Who knows? I'm just reposting what has been reported in a newspaper, making that post a damn sight more credentialed than the speculative, un-referenced crud smeared all over the thread by you.

About 1000 pages of opinion, hearsay and speculation with some already known facts mixed in.

Saying "Everyone knows there is evidence." is not evidence. It's an opinion.
Opinion does not allow the AFL to lay charges.

I hope that helps you.

Opinion, hearsay and speculation is evidence. You can debate their evidentiary value (whether fully verifiable and genuine or baseless defamatory tripe), but it's certainly evidence.

It's very funny how you seem so certain as to the contents of the dossier sent to Melbourne, while dismissive of what others think may be in it.

Both you and I have little clue about it but it's most assuredly not entirely irrelevant crap. Why would the AFL send 1000 pages of nothing?

Opinion, hearsay and speculation is evidence. You can debate their evidentiary value (whether fully verifiable and genuine or baseless defamatory tripe), but it's certainly evidence.
I did not say it was not evidence. Read my post properly.
I wrote that stating "Everyone knows there is evidence." is not evidence.

It's very funny how you seem so certain as to the contents of the dossier sent to Melbourne, while dismissive of what others think may be in it.
I did not say what was certainly the contents of the dossier.
I gave my opinion, as does everyone else here. My opinion stands - the report contains opinion, hearsay and speculation with some already known facts mixed in.
Both you and I have little clue about it but it's most assuredly not entirely irrelevant crap. Why would the AFL send 1000 pages of nothing?
Why does the AFL do anything?

Interesting there have been no leaks about evidence gained through the search of the office and computers etc. you would think if there was something at least something minor would have been leaked. Kind of makes me think they will be relying on the witness statements and interviews. No wonder investigators pushed Bailey and co so hard to roll.

Of course there is evidence, the only thing in question is the quality of that evidence. As in, is it good enough for any charges laid to stick.

Who knows? I'm just reposting what has been reported in a newspaper, making that post a damn sight more credentialed than the speculative, un-referenced crud smeared all over the thread by you.

Which article states that 57 people said that? I have yet to see it

Interesting there have been no leaks about evidence gained through the search of the office and computers etc. you would think if there was something at least something minor would have been leaked. Kind of makes me think they will be relying on the witness statements and interviews. No wonder investigators pushed Bailey and co so hard to roll.

It has been a long time for documents to have been sitting around in filling cabinets or hard drives waiting to be found. I'd be pretty worried about the competence of those in charge if that sort of easy to destroy evidence had been left for the investigators.

LOL @ Troy McClure....

"Well, those are kinds of evidence!"

Simpsons fail. On a side note RIP Phil Hartman.

I did not say it was not evidence. Read my post properly.
I wrote that stating "Everyone knows there is evidence." is not evidence.

I did not say what was certainly the contents of the dossier.
I gave my opinion, as does everyone else here. My opinion stands - the report contains opinion, hearsay and speculation with some already known facts mixed in.

Why does the AFL do anything?

I don't even understand what you're trying to add to this. None of us know for certain what the AFL dossier contains, but your original post was a dig at Admiral Afterworld claiming that 'everyone knows there is evidence'. Which I agree with. Some Melbourne supporters think the AFL dossier has no evidence in it and I think that opinion is quite deluded. You can think the evidence is rubbish, sure, but I am 100% certain that there's evidence in there.

Are you having a semantic debate as to whether the statement that 'everybody knows there is evidence' is evidence? Help me out here.

It has been a long time for documents to have been sitting around in filling cabinets or hard drives waiting to be found. I'd be pretty worried about the competence of those in charge if that sort of easy to destroy evidence had been left for the investigators.

That article says 60 witness statements. i.e. Witnesses made more than one statement.
Not 60 witnesses that made statements. i.e. 60 individual witnesses.

I hope you're the prosecutor... we'd be home and hosed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Play Nice Still no evidence against Melbourne re: tanking

Remove this Banner Ad

Back