Roast Stop Gunstoning Curtin, morons

Remove this Banner Ad

Nicks always feels like he is the smartest guy in the room.

Actual smart people are always looking to improve, challenge their knowledge and learn from those who might be better.
The smugness that radiates from that shiny scone actually makes me feel sick.

He thinks he's playing chess whilst everyone else is playing checkers, reality is he is participation award recipient.

He has in the past though. Thats whats so frustrating.

One of the positives of Nicks is that he got our young draftees into the side pretty quickly.

2020 - Nicks played McAsey the first 10 games. Schoenberg debuted rd 10 and played 8 consecutive games.
2021 - Berry played the first 5 games and 17 games in 2021. Rowe played the first 18 games and ended with 19 out of 22. Thilthorpe had his debut in week 6 and played 14 of the last 17 games.
2022 - Both Soligo and Rachele debuted RD 1 and played significant games.
2023 - Max debuts rd 1 and plays all season.

His first 4 years we had a rookie debutant in the first round. In 2024 we had to wait until round 13.

Its what makes the Curtin decision so baffling. I could understand if we were sitting top 6 right now and battling between top 4 and making the 8.

Round 1 is the key. There are players that were anointed top 26 during the preseason. Rarely do players not anointed work their way into the 23 whilst consigning someone else to the 2s.

Actual smart people are always looking to improve, challenge their knowledge and learn from those who might be better.

He thinks he's playing chess whilst everyone else is playing checkers, reality is he is participation award recipient.
I don’t know about that. He seemed genuinely vulnerable when things were really bad a couple of weeks ago. Maybe he knows he’s not as smart or crafty as the best coaches, but thinks he can somehow make up for it with grit or spirit or something.

Either way I agree, he’s done nothing to show he can compete tactically or strategically with even middling coaches.

I don’t know about that. He seemed genuinely vulnerable when things were really bad a couple of weeks ago. Maybe he knows he’s not as smart or crafty as the best coaches, but thinks he can somehow make up for it with grit or spirit or something.

Either way I agree, he’s done nothing to show he can compete tactically or strategically with even middling coaches.
When you are losing to Adam Yze, you should start to be concerned about your performance

One billion percent.

Remember when he thought he'd cracked the sub tactics? That preselecting when and who to sub off in order to get an "impact player" on the field was some sort of undiscovered gold?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Such a lack of self awareness

SANFL commentators just said he's at AO. He'd better be playing.
Indeed.

If he is non-playing emergency, then our selectors have gone beyond insanity.

Suspect he will be sub... when should be a tall.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Stop Gunstoning Curtin, morons

Remove this Banner Ad

Back