Roast Stop Gunstoning Curtin, morons

Remove this Banner Ad

diabolical use of Curtin, yet again.
According to SEN, spent the first 10 mins of the 4th QTR on the bench after being subbed on in the 3rd.

Nicks I dont think likes tall running players. Which is astonishing considering, Curtin looked great when he came on. Some good tackles, looked good around the ball.

During the 4th quarter I had a gut feel Nicks had him sitting on the bench deliberately.

I would love to see the media demand answers on this. Curtin has played 5 quarters of football over 3 games. Nicks really has something against him as a player I think.

Coaches have a philosophy around the types of players they want in their teams. I dont think Nicks has any idea on how to play him nor the confidence to even give him a go. Curtin I believe goes against everything Nicks believes as a coach. Unless he is a ready made star in a running position he has no interest in having a tall play there. He merely sees talls as deep defense and forward.Its the only explanation for his mistreatment. Nicks is an arrogant fool as a coach who refuses to budge. We have more than enough evidence to know Nicks is turd at selection and our results show it. He is such a conservative coach he wont waver from what he knows.

Nicks I dont think likes tall running players. Which is astonishing considering, Curtin looked great when he came on. Some good tackles, looked good around the ball.

During the 4th quarter I had a gut feel Nicks had him sitting on the bench deliberately.

I would love to see the media demand answers on this. Curtin has played 5 quarters of football over 3 games. Nicks really has something against him as a player I think.

Coaches have a philosophy around the types of players they want in their teams. I dont think Nicks has any idea on how to play him nor the confidence to even give him a go. Curtin I believe goes against everything Nicks believes as a coach. Unless he is a ready made star in a running position he has no interest in having a tall play there. He merely sees talls as deep defense and forward.Its the only explanation for his mistreatment. Nicks is an arrogant fool as a coach who refuses to budge. We have more than enough evidence to know Nicks is turd at selection and our results show it. He is such a conservative coach he wont waver from what he knows.

He didn't have his ability. Jealous prick.

We have an elite talent that's at serious risk of leaving because Nicks doesn't rate him.

What will it be higher ups? Piss Nicks off or let elite talent walk?

Sadly, we all know the answer due to sheer stubbornness.

I remember a while back looking at the number of SANFL games played by experienced players under Nicks and the number was very very low.

He's played a lot of kids round 1 because list management in the off season got rid of enough players that Nicks had no choice but to fill some roles with inexperienced players

Is that right though for the last few years. Feels like we have been tight for lost spots and only delisted the minimum and we’re players - outside of Rowe - that weren’t playing?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We have an elite talent that's at serious risk of leaving because Nicks doesn't rate him.

What will it be higher ups? Piss Nicks off or let elite talent walk?

Sadly, we all know the answer due to sheer stubbornness.

Is he at serious risk of leaving? I haven’t seen that anywhere, or is that your feeling because he isn’t playing as often as you feel he should?

Many of the top 20 - particularly Curtin down - have hardly played this year, Wilson being the big exception

Is he at serious risk of leaving? I haven’t seen that anywhere, or is that your feeling because he isn’t playing as often as you feel he should?

Many of the top 20 - particularly Curtin down - have hardly played this year, Wilson being the big exception

Curtin was 8, so you're comparing games played for pick 8 to the picks down to 20.

Interesting, most people would go top 10 picks and games they've played.

And maybe 11-20 but you've gone 8-20.

Seems very selective.

We seem to be very unlucky our top picks never seem to be AFL ready.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Curtin was 8, so you're comparing games played for pick 8 to the picks down to 20.

Interesting, most people would go top 10 picks and games they've played.

And maybe 11-20 but you've gone 8-20.

Seems very selective.

We seem to be very unlucky our top picks never seem to be AFL ready.

Not trying to be - literally looking at the next 12-13 picks after Curtin, most have hardly played. Obviously the majority of the top 7 were midfielders with Duursma the exception (11)
Go all the way to top 30 and only a few have played more than 6

Just saying it’s not extraordinary or big outlier as to what he has played - would be good to see him get a few full games to finish the year though

O

Not trying to be - literally looking at the next 12-13 picks after Curtin, most have hardly played. Obviously the majority of the top 7 were midfielders with Duursma the exception (11)
Go all the way to top 30 and only a few have played more than 6

Just saying it’s not extraordinary or big outlier as to what he has played - would be good to see him get a few full games to finish the year though

O

You can dress this in mayo all you like, but it’s a disgrace that a player with Curtin’s talent and versatility hasn’t played more.

The draft picks taken behind him all went to teams higher on the ladder than us. It’s a hell of a lot harder for a kid to break into Sydney’s team than us. We’ve been mediocre.

And people trotting out the injury excuses make it even worse. We’ve had injuries and suspensions and still can’t provide opportunity for Curtin. McHenry, Jones and Murphy have all played far more footy at AFL level than Curtin, all have limited ceilings.

We’ve given Smith enough games to hit a trigger despite terrible form. And didn’t drop Keane after he got a bath from Amartey. We played Borlase as a forward.

We clearly don’t rate the kid, for whatever reason. His treatment is disgraceful.

Can someone please clarify;

Was Curtin subbed in at 3/4 or earlier?

Reason being the AFL website has his tog at 25% and I thought he only had the one qtr and during that he even spent time on the bench due to our genius Doctor Evil.

Therefore if it was only 1 qtr and including time on bench it can’t be 25%. Did he come on earlier?

Can someone please clarify;

Was Curtin subbed in at 3/4 or earlier?

Reason being the AFL website has his tog at 25% and I thought he only had the one qtr and during that he even spent time on the bench due to our genius Doctor Evil.

Therefore if it was only 1 qtr and including time on bench it can’t be 25%. Did he come on earlier?
Yes he was subbed into the game with about 6 minutes left in the 3rd from memory?

Burns has spoken today about Curtin, unfortunately I can’t post it, maybe someone else can.

Talks about taking their time on him, want him to finish the year with confidence but also to work on his weaknesses, first off why say the latter in the public domain?

Then says we recruited him as a defender who also played some midfield. If this is true why recruit a defender with pick 6?

Then goes on to say he’s going to play midfield from now on. So why the **** didn’t we just develop him as a mid from round one?

These w***ers seriously are making it up as they go along.

Burns has spoken today about Curtin, unfortunately I can’t post it, maybe someone else can.

Talks about taking their time on him, want him to finish the year with confidence but also to work on his weaknesses, first off why say the latter in the public domain?

Then says we recruited him as a defender who also played some midfield. If this is true why recruit a defender with pick 6?

Then goes on to say he’s going to play midfield from now on. So why the **** didn’t we just develop him as a mid from round one?

These w***ers seriously are making it up as they go along.
I'm sick of the trial and error. What does it say about our coaching? We pay these people for their expertise and their first instincts are always wrong. Can they ever just get something right from the start?

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Stop Gunstoning Curtin, morons

Remove this Banner Ad

Back