Roast Stop Gunstoning Curtin, morons

Remove this Banner Ad

Talks about taking their time on him, want him to finish the year with confidence but also to work on his weaknesses, first off why say the latter in the public domain?

Glad Murphy doesn't have to work on his weaknesses, not enough hours in the day to sort out that campaigner

The thing is Burns said they want Curtin to finish the year with confidence and then play him for 4 minutes. They literally don’t know what the **** they are doing.

We got the blinkers on for a win as soon as it became a possibility. At that instance, development went out the window

It's very difficult to extract praise from him about certain players
This does my head in. A young bloke will play a ripper game and he'll get asked "Gee youngun played well?" And never actually replies with "He did. Great game from him." It's always "They all did. So did other player, and other player..."

Certain younger players would probably really thrive off their coach singling them out for praise in the press conference. But nah, can't have that. Can't let them get a big head.

How are we bottom 4, it's now coming up to round 21, and we haven't even had a look at our prized draft pick?

He's been treated like absolute shit. If there was a way to ruin a young kids confidence this is exactly what I'd do. He'd be better off just playing the whole year in the SANFL than all of this sub nonsense. At least it would save him the embarrassment of being publicly humiliated by his coach

The thing is Burns said they want Curtin to finish the year with confidence and then play him for 4 minutes. They literally don’t know what the **** they are doing.
Not only that, but publicly saying you didn’t want to bring the young lad on as he might turn the tide is about as confidence sapping as you can get.

Not only that, but publicly saying you didn’t want to bring the young lad on as he might turn the tide is about as confidence sapping as you can get.
Especially when we actually kind of needed someone to turn the tide. After TT's goal we were clinging on for dear life, it was one way traffic. It wasn't a matter of if Geelong would kick goals it was when. Some fresh legs might have been useful.

Yep he’s basically saying we expected to be losing badly and we’d bring him on, so what message is that to the whole team?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think another poster mentioned it but likely on the money, Nicks obviously doesnt rate Curtin but someone from above has told him he must be selected.

Nicks has probably gone F U this is my team and making sure Curtin has no ability to showcase his talents.
Then This may actually assist in getting Nicks fired. He doesn’t have the track record to to justify that , we are not gunning for finals and we already let him get away with Murphy’s ongoing selection. Might be the best thing to let the others working there see how blind he is to development in what is a lost season.

Has the media actually raised a whimper about this since the end of the gave. Or just more ‘building’ and honourable loss bs ?

Saying you didn’t want to sub him in because we had momentum is the most asinine thing ever. You’re not taking a time out you dimwit.

And how insulting / damaging to his confidence is that.

'I thought if we let him play he'd basically lose the game for us'.

Ps, we absolutely did not have the momentum, they dominated the last quarter after Thilthorpes goal, and we ****ing lost anyway.

Even if we do sack Nicks before he can destroy this list anymore, I fear the damage has already been done. Curtin would be crazy to stay after the way he has been treated.
I'd give the new coach a chance. Don't punish him because of nicks' garbage.

Fremantle are gonna land Bolton and West Coast will get Baker, so if he does go home there won't be that good a pick left to get him or it'll be future picks but we need current picks

Fremantle are gonna land Bolton and West Coast will get Baker, so if he does go home there won't be that good a pick left to get him or it'll be future picks but we need current picks
Bolton would be bloody handy in this Freo side.

Decent replacement for Schultz...

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Stop Gunstoning Curtin, morons

Remove this Banner Ad

Back