Roast Stop Gunstoning Curtin, morons

Remove this Banner Ad

Was Rowe flying the flag for us? Was he getting stuck into Nicks at all?
Rowe wasn't saying much, really only agreed with the caller that the treatment of Curtin is apalling.
Of course G. Cornes was backing up Nicks saying he explained why but did then say its probably not a good enough reason. Cornes said he'd be very disappointed if Curtin was not playing a full game this week. Yep disappointed is probably the nicest word you could say, thanks Cornes.

What did he say?
He said that the club needs to make hard calls NOW, not next year. Drove the point home that they are covering each others backsides now and historically, and hes fed up basically. G. Cornes disagreed and said they would be doing stuff behind the scenes, but more than likely they arent.

He said that the club needs to make hard calls NOW, not next year. Drove the point home that they are covering each others backsides now and historically, and hes fed up basically. G. Cornes disagreed and said they would be doing stuff behind the scenes, but more than likely they arent.
Sounds like I'd better get out my Cornes For Columbia placard out again.

Even if we hung on and won the game on the back of this awesome MOMENTUM that Nicks didn't want to mess with, who cares?

15th... 14th... either way we're well off the pace and need to develop and fast track more talented players. That surely needs to be the priority rather than a few face-saving late season wins.

We lack leadership within the football department and at board level. The club should be absolutely clear on what it is trying to achieve and where it wants to go. Instead we collectively focus on the coming Saturday. We are literally taking things one week at a time.

Even if we hung on and won the game on the back of this awesome MOMENTUM that Nicks didn't want to mess with, who cares?

15th... 14th... either way we're well off the pace and need to develop and fast track more talented players. That surely needs to be the priority rather than a few face-saving late season wins.

We lack leadership within the football department and at board level. The club should be absolutely clear on what it is trying to achieve and where it wants to go. Instead we collectively focus on the coming Saturday. We are literally taking things one week at a time.
yep….no clear road ahead…it’s honestly numbing watching this club atm

yep….no clear road ahead…it’s honestly numbing watching this club atm
The most concerning issue for me is there is no light at the end of thr tunnel.

We need major changes at AFC as we are going nowhere with the current AFC board, management & coaching group.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haven’t bothered with our last two games doubt I’ll watch another one this year, so uninspired

I must admit I have lost interest. Pretend honourable losses only go so far before you realise Nicks is only interested in doing the same thing repetitively and expecting a different result. Im at the stage where Im not even sure he wants success. I think he is merely avoiding failure.

For context, I live in Portugual, in 2023 i watched as many games as possible. This year I havent even bothered getting up at 8 to watch a game. If they are winning I may switch on.

The most concerning issue for me is there is no light at the end of thr tunnel.

We need major changes at AFC as we are going nowhere with the current AFC board, management & coaching group.

I think there is a glimmer. Rankine, Rachele, Dowling, Soligo, Taylor, Thilthorpe, Bond, Worrell, Michalanney, Nank all have me very excited for the future. That's a very solid base of youth.

But yeah, we need the right coaching group asap so these guys don't stagnate.

I think there is a glimmer. Rankine, Rachele, Dowling, Soligo, Taylor, Thilthorpe, Bond, Worrell, Michalanney, Nank all have me very excited for the future. That's a very solid base of youth.

But yeah, we need the right coaching group asap so these guys don't stagnate.
It’s a nice group, but it’s lacking A grade midfield prospects and a ruck.

This is what is most frustrating for me. We are 15th on the ladder and have no chance to make finals. What have we got to lose by playing Curtin for an entire game. Nicks is still acting as though we are in the finals race and is coaching like every game is a must win. It would have been logical to give Curtin a block of 4-5 games to finish the year after he showed some good form in the SANFL, but Nicks is stuffing him around every week and only giving him limited minutes. If he thinks he is not ready, then let him play out the season in the SANFL in the midfield and he can play full games each week. What he is doing with him now is the worst possible outcome for Curtin and his development.

The whole club is desperate for a win, they need to ease the pressure off themselves and want to sell hope to members renewing

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Stop Gunstoning Curtin, morons

Remove this Banner Ad

Back