Strangest match-ups u have ever seen

Remove this Banner Ad

Matthew Scarlett v. Ben Holland... Scarlett at full- forward in 2006.

Just to touch on Chris Tarrant playing in defence, may I say that I was calling for that move to be made a long time ago, it was path I always felt Collingwood should have taken with Chris in his final couple of seasons at the club, when his form as a forward was waning. Mind you I never thought him capable of plying his trade deep in defense as a full- back, but certainly out at centre- half- back in the vein of a Chad Corned circa 2004 or Scott Lucas circa 2003. His marking ability, speed and athleticism could have made him a very valuable "sweeper" type for the Pies.

It's time to face up to the fact that Chris Tarrant had one anomaly season where he played well and got AA, but he's just an average player at the end of the day who looks way better than he actually is

It's time to face up to the fact that Chris Tarrant had one anomaly season where he played well and got AA, but he's just an average player at the end of the day who looks way better than he actually is

He is a confidence player, when his confidence is up he can play well but his naturally poor kicking style doesn't help him in the confidence stakes.

Lets hope his brother doesn't have the same baggage.

My personal favorite :

Jamie Shanahan on Darren Jarman - cost the saints a flag!

Also Fletcher for the bombers has played on phil matera and medhurst (ie the small forward)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fevola on Fraser Gehrig.
Too quick for me.

Also Robert Harvey on Jim Stynes in 1997. 15th v 16th with both coach's jobs on the line. Saints won, Balme got sacked and Alves won coach of the year. (Awarded before the GF)

Gehrig kicked 5 on Fevola in a quarter whilst also having one touched off the boot and another mark taken off him in the goalsquare for an infringement elsewhere. Fair to say it didn't work.

One that did was Robert Harvey tagging Jim Stynes going back a few years ago.

Campbell Brown on Riewoldt is another one, Hawks fans laud Brown for his ability to play on taller players, his ability in that regard would seem limited to the times the ball is not around.

There have been some strange ones that have worked over the years however......

Nathan Buckley on Carey and Gavin Brown on Gary Ablett Snr come to mind....

And about Tarrant, he played a game at CHB in the early part of either 2000 or 2001 and played very well.. can't understand why they never played him there again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strangest match-ups u have ever seen

Remove this Banner Ad

Back