Opinion Stringer theory. NO ESSENDON SUPPORTERS.

Is the Stringer situation beyond repair? Now in its correct thread, even if nobody asked for it.

• The club clearly want him out the door.

Votes: 102 34.7%
  • This was just a shot across Jakes bow as a means of motivating him. He's going nowhere.

Votes: 49 16.7%
  • The club is clearly a rabble. Sack Macca!

Votes: 16 5.4%
  • This is just the first play in massive trade that we are not yet privy to.

Votes: 19 6.5%
  • This is a game of blink and Jake and Conners just blinked.

Votes: 5 1.7%
  • Its time to move on a negotiate the best deal we can.

Votes: 36 12.2%
  • I felt sad for Jake on that stage with Conners pulling his strings.

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • To lose 1 CEO may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose 4 looks like carelessness.

Votes: 7 2.4%
  • The Jack 'Armageddon Option' Watts Option.

Votes: 12 4.1%
  • We've warned you about creating polls Norm! Yet for shame you persist.

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • You really don't create enough polls Norm.

Votes: 32 10.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d be lying if I sat here and said I’d done everything right". Stringers own words.

Seriously do you believe not a word was spoken to Jake.

100% know he did not rehabilitate his injuries in anything like a professional manner for a start.

Maybe Jake is like alot of people today and only hear what they choose to hear."

One day maybe people may take responsibility for their own action

Off topic, I had a similar conversation with some guy about taking responsibility for his actions. In summary he blamed a girl's father because he "forced and threatened him to marry her" after he knocked her up. The thing was he knew and chose to get involved with a preacher's (apparently he's a lawyer also) daughter. Now the guy is a bitter divorcee that doesn't get to see his kids.

Stringer admitted he stuffed up but he's supposedly unhappy with Bevo for acting on it- doesn't make sense.
Reasonable that he could know he stuffed up but be unhappy with the way it was handled and the extent of the response

Off topic, I had a similar conversation with some guy about taking responsibility for his actions. In summary he blamed a girl's father because he "forced and threatened him to marry her" after he knocked her up. The thing was he knew and chose to get involved with a preacher's (apparently he's a lawyer also) daughter. Now the guy is a bitter divorcee that doesn't get to see his kids.
There's a moral in that somewhere but it just escapes me for the moment ...

Reasonable that he could know he stuffed up but be unhappy with the way it was handled and the extent of the response
Have worked with several people over time that despite being told that the job they were doing was not good enough, refused to believe it and still thought that their work was fine and the people telling them were full of sh1t.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who is Red WB? Some sort of official spokesman or just a wannabe? It reads like the latter.

Oh so bullsh!t then

Didn't think a club would put something like that out and close the door 100000%

It stands in stark contrast to the carefully worded, professionalism seen in the official club statement released today.

Other clubs know what Jake can do. Only question is whether we can negotiate a deal that lives up to his actual value.

UnawareUnselfishDogwoodclubgall.gif
Would love to see him run like that
in a rundown tackle. But, not gonna happen.

There may be a third way, but it's a pretty stupid way. We'd be paying him out and wasting a list spot and missing out on compensation just to be spiteful.

It'd also make me hesitant to commit long term if I was another dogs player, because I wouldn't want the club to decide to trade me and then sit me out of the league for a year.

To get the best out of this situation, the club really needs to be open to keeping him.

It's our only threat if Jake isn't welcome back. Otherwise we have to settle for a half eaten Mars bar or a potentially disruptive influence next yr.

It's not a good thing for anyone. But in reality we aren't any worse off. Jake doesn't play next year but neither is pick 20 and we get to go around again next trade period.

It's a far worse option for Jake than us.

And other players and their managers know to pick a club that does a fair deal. Hell we are already using Jake to send a message - why not go the whole hog?

We simply have to HTFU up with our trading or we will perpetually get screwed over.

Luckily it's not a club statement.
Ah OK, thanks - I don't do FB. You can see why.
zucvv said it was a club statement (and his avatar looked kind of authoritative ;)).

Have worked with several people over time that despite being told that the job they were doing was not good enough, refused to believe it and still thought that their work was fine and the people telling them were full of sh1t.
That's fine but still can't say it fully fits this situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back