Opinion Stringer theory. NO ESSENDON SUPPORTERS.

Is the Stringer situation beyond repair? Now in its correct thread, even if nobody asked for it.

• The club clearly want him out the door.

Votes: 102 34.7%
  • This was just a shot across Jakes bow as a means of motivating him. He's going nowhere.

Votes: 49 16.7%
  • The club is clearly a rabble. Sack Macca!

Votes: 16 5.4%
  • This is just the first play in massive trade that we are not yet privy to.

Votes: 19 6.5%
  • This is a game of blink and Jake and Conners just blinked.

Votes: 5 1.7%
  • Its time to move on a negotiate the best deal we can.

Votes: 36 12.2%
  • I felt sad for Jake on that stage with Conners pulling his strings.

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • To lose 1 CEO may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose 4 looks like carelessness.

Votes: 7 2.4%
  • The Jack 'Armageddon Option' Watts Option.

Votes: 12 4.1%
  • We've warned you about creating polls Norm! Yet for shame you persist.

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • You really don't create enough polls Norm.

Votes: 32 10.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just sayin that Yes he can still be gone without trading him for a half eaten burrito.

There is a third way.

No trade and no doggie play makie Jakie very sad.
I like the fact jmac is out of contract
He can’t afford to Stuff the trade
I hope not anyway
We just have to hope he is ok to play at both Essendon and Geelong and they get in a bidding war

No doubt this is a situation where the club and player are both at fault and it has been handled poorly all round.

On the one hand we have a talented yet lazy player and on the other a stubborn coach

One mans stubborn is another mans strong leader.

I would genuinely rather we not trade him, even if he doesn't want to stay in the end and we don't want him, than take ****ing pick 20 or pick 20 and some Geelong spud.

Also, Geelong can GAGF anyway. As always.

He is addressing that now though and copping shit for it cos he hurt poor old Jakes feelings.

Or Bev is copping shit because Jake is one of the most talented players many of us have seen in a Dogs jumper, our youngest ever AA and only 23....and Bev just turfed him...

Praise Bev...

Terry Wallace said today at one stage Jake was getting 5 injections a week to keep him on the field :huh:
And he'd know that how? And so what? If he'd attended to his rehab as he should have he might not have needed injections.

Well it depends. If Bevo hasn't spoken to him at all since the exit meeting (that apparently went well) and he was informed of a trade through his management then I would be absolutely livid as the player. As a person I would except to have a one on one conversation with the coach informing me of this decision and the reasons for doing so.

But then again Bevo said that is what happened. One of them is lying.
The exit interview went well according to Jake! The guy who the club has had a gut-full of. Jake, who claims he had no idea there were issues serious enough to cause the club to want him out. Whether Bevo has or hasn't spoken to Jake since his exit interview is irrelevant. Bevo isn't the club. This is not a call that Bevo alone can make. The club representatives have spoken to Jake and put the club's position to him, as is right. In Jake's own words, the issue is not about a clash between him and the Coach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or Bev is copping shit because Jake is one of the most talented players many of us have seen in a Dogs jumper, our youngest ever AA and only 23....and Bev just turfed him...

Praise Bev...

Only time will tell but I would rather the coach run the club than the players.

And he'd know that how? And so what? If he'd attended to his rehab as he should have he might not have needed injections.
Maybe maybe maybe
I don't know how he would know.
May just be an insight into part of why he was struggling with form.

In response to Gary Kent's statement, can someone please remove the voting option regarding the last four CEO's?

Just sayin that Yes he can still be gone without trading him for a half eaten burrito.

There is a third way.

No trade and no doggie play makie Jakie very sad.
There may be a third way, but it's a pretty stupid way. We'd be paying him out and wasting a list spot and missing out on compensation just to be spiteful.

It'd also make me hesitant to commit long term if I was another dogs player, because I wouldn't want the club to decide to trade me and then sit me out of the league for a year.

To get the best out of this situation, the club really needs to be open to keeping him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back