Stuart Dew...

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was always pretty solid with us, didn't stop him being a fantastic player who is still loved by pretty much every Port fan.

I'll probably end up cheering for the Hawks this week because i'd love to see Stuey win another premiership.

With the exodus of senior players at the end of last year someone with Stu's experience was what our list needed. The fact that he's also contributed on the park has been great. Good luck Stuey.

He was a lot trimmer at the beginning of the year. He'd supposedly lost 30kg to start this season, but I reckon he's put 10kg back on. The guernsey last night simply didn't fit him.

Are the people who post in this thread experts in weight loss or something?

Where do I start.

He started the season at something like 120kg and eventually cut it down to something like 95kg by mid-March.

Injuring his hammies didn't help him, but what the majority of people forget is that he has to put on some muscle as well to be able to get throught he rigours of AFL football.

He'd weight around 100-105kg now.

Anyone here giving him shit actually seen him in the flesh?

He doesn't look fat at all.
I've seen him I don't know how many times down at Alberton. The last time his weight was acceptable at Port was 2004. He actually looked like he was getting down to that level at the start of this year. Sadly for the Hawks Dewy's weight is a pretty good indicator of his interest/application and I'm guessing his second retirement isn't far away.

Well am I the only one who thinks this forum is a total waste of time and disrespectful to a player who if not fit would not be playing at the highest level.

Surely there are better things to talk about!!

He hasn't been a BIG kick for at least 3 years now. He would probably just scrape it in from 50m now. Fat overrated bastard :cool:
Is this the same fat, overrated bloke that gave Lenny Hayes a head start last night, caught him, passed him and forced a ball up ?

Footy is not all about cats like Jordan McMahon, Nick Dal Santo and Stephen Milne who look great 50 metres in the clear under no pressure. I for one love the fact we have a massive unit like him who can run at oppostion players with NO CHANCE of being tackled, and scaring the living Christ out of the likes of Raph Clarke when they are forced to go against him one on one.

i can not understand why he hasnt lost weight this year with all the trainin he looks like he has got bigger as the season has gone on must be a kfc on the way home from trainin the bloke is a disgrace to afl think of how hard the hawks would be workin this year

Go back to grade 4 and learn how to spell. Not 1 full stop. Mate this guy is still a good player.

Is this the same fat, overrated bloke that gave Lenny Hayes a head start last night, caught him, passed him and forced a ball up ?

Footy is not all about cats like Jordan McMahon, Nick Dal Santo and Stephen Milne who look great 50 metres in the clear under no pressure. I for one love the fact we have a massive unit like him who can run at oppostion players with NO CHANCE of being tackled, and scaring the living Christ out of the likes of Raph Clarke when they are forced to go against him one on one.

He ran straight through a few contests against the Dogs and won us possession too. Won't (can't) step sideways.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i can not understand why he hasnt lost weight this year with all the trainin he looks like he has got bigger as the season has gone on must be a kfc on the way home from trainin the bloke is a disgrace to afl think of how hard the hawks would be workin this year and they have to put up with a guy like this bringing them down has hardly touched it this year i know all the hawks will stick up for him but if he played for any other side they would be the first people on here baggin him out like they did with whitnall and rioli and that but dew makes them guys look like nicole ritchie lose some weight and show some commitment for god sake its not hard to lose weight i can see him costing the hawks big time next week maybe they need to get the maccas sign back on the footy that might get him near it

yeahmateIreckonheisprettyfattoobutheseemstobeoneofthoseblokesthatjustwalkspasthungryjacksandputsonweightbutreallyheseemsprettyfitconsideringandisstillquiteagoodplayer

geez hawthorn does alright considering they play 1 'borderline obese' player everyweek...

i reckon good on him. You can have 1 of him in your team perhaps.. 2 would be too much of a liability.

who was the last player to win a premiership, retire, then come back and win another one?

he did win a premiership despite carrying a spare tyre

i should be eating humble pie, but stuey wasnt keen on sharing

There is one thing I think many of you posters forget, that Dewie couldn't train for FOUR weeks because of his hammy strain..That's WHY he put on some weight before the GF..Not everyone can be slim and svelte, and not every footy player can kick a ball like him..An absolute terrific guy, and I am so pleased the club picked him last year..He is still remarkably fit for a bigger guy, and not all players are greyhounds, he has a great sense of awareness around the footy, he is a true leader, and the boys respect him immensely.
Very proud to call him a Hawk!!!:thumbsu: and in all honesty, along with most other Hawk supporters, I don't give a stuff what any other supporter thinks of him..I really don't think it's anything to do with you,why does it matter to anyone else that he is overweight, he TURNED the game for us on Saturday, with a strained hammy I might add, a gutsy effort by all the injured players..
WHAT A VICTORY!!!
HAWKS FOREVER!!!:D
LUV YA DEWIE~~:D

Hahaha.

Funny thread considering........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back