Stupid Q(?): Do players get paid for playing in finals?

Remove this Banner Ad

They should all just play for the love of the game.

And Gil should get paid $100k a year with no bonuses, and a ban from profiting from all the contracts that end up with companies he part owns or is employed by.

I always did love Vlad attacking the players for wanting more money while he was earning $2.5 million a year despite throwing away hundreds of millions of dollars on expansion clubs that will simply never work.

All players get $3500 per senior game and half that for a reserves game. This is on top of any contract And is included in the cap.

Some players may have extra per game money in their deals or bonuses for a certain amount but it's rare these days.

If players are injured they also get these match payments based on where they have been playing prior to injury and they are not counted in the cap.

Players also get the same match payments for finals and they don't count in the cap.

Pretty sure they are

A couple of years ago fremantle barely had a fit 22. Every emergency was no chance to play injured, they had to promote a rookie who was told weeks ago he was being cut for his debut, and due to the injury payments because nearly all players were being paid it they went over the cap

Pretty sure they are

A couple of years ago fremantle barely had a fit 22. Every emergency was no chance to play injured, they had to promote a rookie who was told weeks ago he was being cut for his debut, and due to the injury payments because nearly all players were being paid it they went over the cap

Clubs have an injury allowance not counted in the cap, they may have gone over by resting players or having to pay rookies more once upgraded.

The rules were changed not long ago to allow rested players to be paid by the injury allwance.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/clubs-can-take-a-rest-from-faking-it-20130301-2fbu2.html

I know an umpire and he said back in 2010 when i last spoke to him that he got 25k a final and 50K for the GF which he got twice because of the draw.. so surely players would get paid pretty well for it.

Is this true? That's 125 000 dollars for four games. I thought they were on less than 100 000 a year.

http://www.aflplayers.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/CBA-FINAL.pdf

In short yes. Quite a lot. The prize money is split 50/50 between the club and the players. So the Hawks players shared 600k + the top 4 split another million for making the finals. Etc All outside the cap. The actual total player payments is often a number millions above the cap.

P57 on above explains all the payments to players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Stupid Q(?): Do players get paid for playing in finals?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back