Such is Life- Ben Cousins doco

Remove this Banner Ad

dantheman06

Debutant
Nov 25, 2009
adelaide
AFL Club
West Coast
Just finished watching part one of the doco & looking forward to part two. I'm pretty much over all this stuff but it is interesting to see further insight into what was happening with him, especially since I'm an Adelaide based supporter.. Thoughts??

Yeah me to , very good viewing and even though he is a bad addict my opinion of him hasn't changed still a champion in my eyes.:thumbsu:
It is very good that he has admited that he had the problem and decided to do something about it , good onya Ben.

I didn't realise how much of a problem he had even so early in his career.. it was the drugs which motivated him to work so hard and leave nothing on the field which is so sad yet also what brought out the best footy in him.

Like you said E4M it still hasn't changed my opinion of him, still a champion in my eyes.

Yeah - it was good viewing.

Reminded me that the Northbridge police bust reeked of a setup at the time. It was that event that was the final nail in his WC career although I am certain he would have slipped up in some other way and we would have ended up with the same result.

His dad is an amazing bloke. Good on ya Mr. Cousins. :thumbsu:

New understanding as to why Judd wanted out so badly? That's one key thing I got out of it. Sorry to intrude on your board but yeah I wondered if anyone else got the same sort of idea about that.
WTF??? Judd didn't cross my mind once during the doco.

Cuz had gone when Judd departed.

At the time I remember many here that where so pissed when he was finally given the ass. Seeing this - I can't see how it could have been any other way. Even his team mates where getting sick and tired of his lifestyle and how it was impacting his team life.

New understanding as to why Judd wanted out so badly? That's one key thing I got out of it. Sorry to intrude on your board but yeah I wondered if anyone else got the same sort of idea about that.

Go tank the finals freo :thumbsu:, as for the doco i thought it was good, cant wait for tomorrow. Sorry to intrude.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still a champ!
Like him even more after watching this. So much respect gained for the bloke.
I like the part where he's in the U.S for the 2nd time, and talks about the two blondes..."good times, till i found myself in the back of an ambulance!" ROFL - what a cracker.

Just a question from an outsider. I know that this is based on his drug addiction.

However, when he was sacked from the eagles, when talking about it, other than the very start, He doesn't show any remorse. I know he has a different pisona than most, I just frustrated me a little, that he had so little respect for the club that gave him heaps.

Thats how it came across to me anyway. I am sure that is not the case in reality, however what were you as eagle supporters thoughts whilst watching this?

Running through back gardens and hopping fence to get away from the coppers was bad enough but a 1km swim across the Swan?! :D

Really compelling viewing. Can't wait til tomorrow's.

Some funny stuff from Cuz...

'Go home, get some sleep' and I was like 'I've spent five days and ten grand to feel like this ... I'm not wasting it'

"mate aren't you Ben Cousins?" "no mate, don't be silly I just look like him"

:D

Just a question from an outsider. I know that this is based on his drug addiction.

However, when he was sacked from the eagles, when talking about it, other than the very start, He doesn't show any remorse. I know he has a different pisona than most, I just frustrated me a little, that he had so little respect for the club that gave him heaps.

Thats how it came across to me anyway. I am sure that is not the case in reality, however what were you as eagle supporters thoughts whilst watching this?

He got sacked for having legal prescription drugs, so I can understand why he felt that way.

Just wondering how much Woosha knew, it sorta made me think he knew Ben was just bad news for the club but he was too good to not play. It seemed like he was risking playing Cuz everyweek.

But yeah, good doco, i never realized the extent to which he took drugs

Remove this Banner Ad

Such is Life- Ben Cousins doco

Remove this Banner Ad

Back