Such is Life: The Ben Cousins Story

Remove this Banner Ad

If it's being advertised, can we assume that Richmond and the AFL have given it the all clear then?

If Richmond haven't, can we assume he doesn't have a contract for next year?

If it's being advertised, can we assume that Richmond and the AFL have given it the all clear then?

If Richmond haven't, can we assume he doesn't have a contract for next year?
Well I would assume so, because it is definetley going ahead. And on the 2nd part, I wouldn't think it affects Richmond if it comes out in their off season.

I really just don't care about him or his story to be honest.

Not his fault, but he's been in the media 24/7 for about 3 years now and I'm sick of hearing/reading about him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This documentary will probably been shown to players in various professional sporting codes around the world.

Is there a precedent for such a documentary, from any other sport in the world, which has an elite player exposing his demons in such a fashion for all the world to scrutinize?

Well, it should be interesting. But geez, talk about putting a drug user (or ex drug user, whichever he is) on a pedastal? They should be doing a doco on someone who doesn't bring shit on themselves, and works their arse off to get where they are (someone like Ramanascus (sp?) or the North Melbourne player with bipolar). But hey, that's just me.

Well, it should be interesting. But geez, talk about putting a drug user (or ex drug user, whichever he is) on a pedastal? They should be doing a doco on someone who doesn't bring shit on themselves, and works their arse off to get where they are (someone like Ramanascus (sp?) or the North Melbourne player with bipolar). But hey, that's just me.

Yep it's just you. I'm sure most people would be well aware that if done well it could be a great tool for all young aspiring AFL footballers to teach them about some of the temptations they may be faced with and what damage they can do to your life. And i'm quite certain that Rama can make a doco on himself if he so desires and if he did there would be a fair chance that it would air on TV.

Yep it's just you. I'm sure most people would be well aware that if done well it could be a great tool for all young aspiring AFL footballers to teach them about some of the temptations they may be faced with and what damage they can do to your life. And i'm quite certain that Rama can make a doco on himself if he so desires and if he did there would be a fair chance that it would air on TV.

Yeah, I agree with all your points, except the one I've bolded. Tell me, if he was an everyday Australian, do you think he would have been given a second chance? I highly doubt it. The only damage has been to his reputation, which has more or less been a result of constant media attention. An everyday Australian wouldn't be followed by media 24/7 like Cousins. Grrr...I can't work out how to word what I'm trying to say...tell me if this doesn't make sense? :confused:

Yeah, I agree with all your points, except the one I've bolded. Tell me, if he was an everyday Australian, do you think he would have been given a second chance? I highly doubt it. The only damage has been to his reputation, which has more or less been a result of constant media attention. An everyday Australian wouldn't be followed by media 24/7 like Cousins. Grrr...I can't work out how to word what I'm trying to say...tell me if this doesn't make sense? :confused:

You don't make sense :)

Tell me, if he was an everyday Australian, do you think he would have been given a second chance? I highly doubt it.

The average Aussie who gets busted with drugs nearly always gets a 2nd chance shibz. Half the time they'd just get off with a warning and their employer would never even know.

If anything Cousins has been punished way above and beyond what a normal person would endure due to a combination of his fame and the fact that he's working for a high profile organisation that tried to make an example of him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Such is Life: The Ben Cousins Story

Remove this Banner Ad

Back