Such is Life: The Ben Cousins Story

Remove this Banner Ad

It's interesting how on one hand his lifestyle was supposedly "out of control" yet he goes to the trouble of recording it. Making a doco is a premeditated decision, just like taking drugs and hamming it up for the camera.
I'll watch it but there's a part of me that thinks most of this will be contrived and Cuz knew he'd make a packet out of it. If the media was already smothering him and speculating about his lifestyle whilst he ducked and weaved around the truth then surely it was always going to happily engulf "raw footage" of a private life.
Could open the door for other footballers to record their "life and times of me" for future sale..

Watched the promo and had the same thoughts, why was he recording himself under the influence if he was supposedly in a place he didn't know he'd get out of? Did he just think, "hmmm, better record myself off chops in case I get my shit together and make a doco about it?"

The article also says it was filmed over the last two years, which from that footage would lead you to believe he's either still been getting on it while at Richmond or he hit the bottle pretty hard after getting off the drugs.

I'll watch it.

Watched the promo and had the same thoughts, why was he recording himself under the influence if he was supposedly in a place he didn't know he'd get out of? Did he just think, "hmmm, better record myself off chops in case I get my shit together and make a doco about it?"

The article also says it was filmed over the last two years, which from that footage would lead you to believe he's either still been getting on it while at Richmond or he hit the bottle pretty hard after getting off the drugs.

I'll watch it.

My understanding is, if it's only footage from the last two years, it's been heavily edited.

The press feed accompanying the promo also states a shirtless Cousins is seen using drugs in the doco - filmed over the past two years

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...usins-drug-video/story-e6frf9jf-1225903649371

Which begs the question how a man supposedly being constantly drug tested could be seen on film using drugs.

Will certainly take some of the attention away from Jason Akermanis' book release...

Oh well that explains this then...

"UPDATE 11.10m: Richmond has given its blessing to the explosive Ben Cousins documentary but Jason Akermanis says it could encourage kids to take drugs."

I hope 7 wait til after the GF to show it.

Oh well that explains this then...

"UPDATE 11.10m: Richmond has given its blessing to the explosive Ben Cousins documentary but Jason Akermanis says it could encourage kids to take drugs."

I hope 7 wait til after the GF to show it.

lol!

I suspect a fair bit will be staged, but ohwell

one of the scenes shows him leaning against a table and he looks similar to the way he did in 2006

I've attended a few of these type of events before and its not uncommon to see people filming a range of different activities.

Cynical cash grab number 5362445...from just another attention seeking tosser.

The average bum under a bridge has a more interesting story to tell.

The bitterness runs deep with this one
Comical from someone who worships a waste of space rapist and supports a club who a former player admits the club was rife with drugs:rolleyes:

lol!

I suspect a fair bit will be staged, but ohwell

one of the scenes shows him leaning against a table and he looks similar to the way he did in 2006

From the promo it looked like the footage when he was shirtless and partying itup was of a much poorer quality to the "professional footage". I'm guessing that they took some of that stuff from mobile phones, home video camera's that were taken at the time, and they were able to find and use.

Taking footage of yourself doing stupid things always seems like a good idea when you are off your face.

I wonder if the doco will explain the night of Chris Mainwaring's death (who died of an overdose after a cocktail of drugs) and the fact Ben Cousins was the last person to see him alive that evening?

I wonder if the doco will explain the night of Chris Mainwaring's death (who died of an overdose after a cocktail of drugs) and the fact Ben Cousins was the last person to see him alive that evening?
Very good point, but it is an extremely delicate subject, so if there is anything on it I'm assuming it'll be highly edited.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dont know about that Grammy. If you saw his second half against the crows at Aami in 2005 or 2006 (cant remember which) prelim, you would have to wonder what he took at half time. He was outstanding in the first half, but 10 times as good in the second half. I still cant believe how hard he ran.

So therefore he must have had some ice at half time? As if. Would be pretty hard for a player at half time to go to their bag and get some drugs out to take one would think, though I can't be sure.

Should be an interesting watch nonetheless, hope not too much staged footage in there.

I've seen the doco in a rough cut and it's pretty extraordinary. It's directed by Paul Goldman who also directed the film Australian Rules, who is an absolute footy fanatic, so it's very professional. And yes, it's shocking but it's alo very thought provoking, My wife and I I saw it months ago and haven't stopped talking about it since.

hopefully it's a proper doco with substance and not just some glorified pile of shit.

'such is life'...hilariously bad.

No it wont. Cuz has already publicly staited that out of respect for Maineys wife and children their will be no mention of it.

No it wont. Cuz has already publicly staited that out of respect for Maineys wife and children their will be no mention of it.

In the cut I saw, there was substantial mention of it including, if I remember correctly, an interview with Mainey's wife.

This stuff might go in the final edit, but I doubt it.

Well, it should be interesting. But geez, talk about putting a drug user (or ex drug user, whichever he is) on a pedastal? They should be doing a doco on someone who doesn't bring shit on themselves, and works their arse off to get where they are (someone like Ramanascus (sp?) or the North Melbourne player with bipolar). But hey, that's just me.

who are "they", exactly?

Remove this Banner Ad

Such is Life: The Ben Cousins Story

Remove this Banner Ad

Back