Such is Life: The Ben Cousins Story

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought it was cruel of WC (disgrace to WA football) to make give their players drug to get premeirship glory.

Hope he gives it to them

Thought it was cruel of WC (disgrace to WA football) to make give their players drug to get premeirship glory.

Hope he gives it to them

recreational drugs are NOT performance enhancing.

if anything, i would say they would probably make it harder for those in the midst of addiction.....

Hope he gives it to them

Translation please..

All you freo supporters riding in on you moral high horses would want too hope he doesn't name names and freo players are mentioned going a few lines with cuz. Now wouldn't that flatten your purple tyres..

Translation please..

All you freo supporters riding in on you moral high horses would want too hope he doesn't name names and freo players are mentioned going a few lines with cuz. Now wouldn't that flatten your purple tyres..

Please don't tar us all with the same brush...

Every sensible person know that shit like this goes on at every club... and I'm almost 100% sure Cousins isn't enough of a **** to dog in other players by name.

Every sensible person know that shit like this goes on at every club... and I'm almost 100% sure Cousins isn't enough of a **** to dog in other players by name.

No actually you would be surprised most people don't like to acknowledge that it would be happening in AFL. They enjoy the ignorance.

No actually you would be surprised most people don't like to acknowledge that it would be happening in AFL. They enjoy the ignorance.

Like I said, sensible people.

Or maybe I should rephrase that. Worldly people perhaps?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like I said, sensible people.

Or maybe I should rephrase that. Worldly people perhaps?
Your views are the same as mine on this I think Esti- we're talking about highly paid young men with a lot of free time. You'd have to be very ignorant to think that this sort of thing doesn't go on at every club.

Should be a very interesting documentary.

It's interesting how on one hand his lifestyle was supposedly "out of control" yet he goes to the trouble of recording it. Making a doco is a premeditated decision, just like taking drugs and hamming it up for the camera.
I'll watch it but there's a part of me that thinks most of this will be contrived and Cuz knew he'd make a packet out of it. If the media was already smothering him and speculating about his lifestyle whilst he ducked and weaved around the truth then surely it was always going to happily engulf "raw footage" of a private life.
Could open the door for other footballers to record their "life and times of me" for future sale..

recreational drugs are NOT performance enhancing.

if anything, i would say they would probably make it harder for those in the midst of addiction.....

Dont know about that Grammy. If you saw his second half against the crows at Aami in 2005 or 2006 (cant remember which) prelim, you would have to wonder what he took at half time. He was outstanding in the first half, but 10 times as good in the second half. I still cant believe how hard he ran.

Dont know about that Grammy. If you saw his second half against the crows at Aami in 2005 or 2006 (cant remember which) prelim, you would have to wonder what he took at half time. He was outstanding in the first half, but 10 times as good in the second half. I still cant believe how hard he ran.
he ran like he was running from the cops

oh wait...

Will certainly take some of the attention away from Jason Akermanis' book release...

Of course he made it just for the money. I'll still watch it though. Does make you wonder about all his little incidents over the couple years at Richmond and the footage in the Doco. How much of it is real and how much is just set up because he needed something interesting to film.

It has been reported that Andrew Demetriou was "genuinely shocked" when viewing the documentary. Well Andrew, good to see you have taken your nose out of the balance sheets to take a look at what is really going on out there. Welcome to the real world.

Channel 7 probably sent him a case of lobsters for using that phrase:D.

It's interesting how on one hand his lifestyle was supposedly "out of control" yet he goes to the trouble of recording it. Making a doco is a premeditated decision, just like taking drugs and hamming it up for the camera.
I'll watch it but there's a part of me that thinks most of this will be contrived and Cuz knew he'd make a packet out of it. If the media was already smothering him and speculating about his lifestyle whilst he ducked and weaved around the truth then surely it was always going to happily engulf "raw footage" of a private life.
Could open the door for other footballers to record their "life and times of me" for future sale..

While I cant wait to see it, I tend to agree with this. I just wonder how much of it is played up for the camera and how much is genuine. Guess we will see in a month or so.

Remove this Banner Ad

Such is Life: The Ben Cousins Story

Remove this Banner Ad

Back