Summer Transfer Window Rumours & Ratings

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oscar is expendable. If Chelsea sold him to fund a Pogba/Bale/Reus (or someone of that ilk) transfer that would be perfectly acceptable. Willian is more than capable of playing centrally if need be.

Got to be remembered he's still only 23 amd playing in probs the most demanding position on the pitch, same age and position as Erikson who's also having trouble running out a full season.

Plus Mou has already admitted some of the blame by over playing him.
What's that say about blokes like Sterling and Coutinho then who are younger, play in the same position and have played the same if not more football, yet are still having an impact.

Do we do things differently than at Chelsea and Spurs, are blokes like Coutinho and Sterling just better players or simply more fit?

What's that say about blokes like Sterling and Coutinho then who are younger, play in the same position and have played the same if not more football, yet are still having an impact.

Do we do things differently than at Chelsea and Spurs, are blokes like Coutinho and Sterling just better players or simply more fit?
Sterling and Coutinho stand out more as they are the better players at Liverpool. Fairly simple.

That seems to be the general assumption of people who haven't watched him and just assume he has become worse. Fact is he is as consistent as he has ever been. Makes great saves look routine. I'd put Neuer on par with him but that is about it. Buffon in his prime was the best keeper ever, even now he hasn't lost much at all.
I don't think best keeper ever is as black and white as you paint it.

Have Coutinho and Sterling played at a consistant level all season?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty much yeah. I cant remember a time when either has been consistently poor. They have been good to very good for most of the season.

They haven't IMO both have been patchy too, which is what you expect of younger players.

Even Hazard has been patchy at times too.

I'm not going to argue about who's better as we'll never see eye to eye:D

They haven't IMO both have been patchy too, which is what you expect of younger players.

Even Hazard has been patchy at times too.

I'm not going to argue about who's better as we'll never see eye to eye:D
They have been patchy but are still playing to a high standard now. I was just comparing the situation to players on my team as I dont know enough about other teams. It just seemed like you were making an excuse for Oscar was all. Sighting his age.

When guys much younger are doing probably better or at least on par.

Haha ok champ. Dont explain yourself or anything or contribute in the discussion. Instead just bail out when you realise what you said about he Liverpool players was obviously applicable to both Oscar and Eriksen.

:thumbsu:
Why do I need to explain myself? People got it, I don't care if you didn't.

Why do I need to explain myself? People got it, I don't care if you didn't.
jenniferlawrenceokaythumbup.gif

They have been patchy but are still playing to a high standard now. I was just comparing the situation to players on my team as I dont know enough about other teams. It just seemed like you were making an excuse for Oscar was all. Sighting his age.

When guys much younger are doing probably better or at least on par.

I wasn't making an excuse, it was more a reason. None of Sterling, Coutinho, Erikson or Oscar have played consistently at a high level with all of them having troughs in form which is to be expected of guys their age at this level.

I wasn't making an excuse, it was more a reason. None of Sterling, Coutinho, Erikson or Oscar have played consistently at a high level with all of them having troughs in form which is to be expected of guys their age at this level.
I do agree with you. On Oscar though, are you expecting more from him? 23 now, that's a fair bit older than say Sterling. Does he have a fitness issue with all the substitutions or is it more tactical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back